“Modern and Nice”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #70 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Service was not so good. Poor parking because of an overbooked party. Nice streamlined modern look but needs some help with the staff. Very loud night time receptionist that was more interested in her phone call than the guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathie S
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Kathie S:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. It appears by your rating that overall you were pleased with your stay. My apologies for the disruption from the attendees to our ballroom - we try to strictly monitor any events as to not disrupt our guests. It pleases me to see your stating that we are "modern and nice" we take pride in trying to maintain our property.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Way too expensive for a Motel 6 level of service. Poor customer service. I had asked for no feather pillows in the room. The" trainee" clerk woman told me there were none. Wrong! The bolsters have down stuffing. We were told nothing by the trainee check in gal other than the location of the room and the hours for the free (horrid!) breakfast. We asked for directions to a famous local site and the "trainee" told us that would take a while and seemed unsure if she was up to such a task.Terrible food-like stuff for breakfast that neither of us could even eat. Only oranges and bagels were recognizable as edible. The coffee was terrible too. The fridge made a high pitched keening sound all night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear TeacherRobin:

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. My apologies that your stay was less than expected. We pride ourselves on the quality of product and service we provide and fell short of those standards on your stay. We select employees that give the "Nexus Touch" of service and in any business there is a learning curve for new employees to become 100% proficient - we will use your valuable comments as a training tool.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and best wishes in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This old motel is just that! An old motel. Bed was comfortable, room noisy, carpet and drapes tattered. Bedspread nice and that's about it. At breakfast there was no fruit or yogurt, I asked and she said no they had run out Another guest actually offered me his (unopened). If you are OK with Motel 6 level you'll love this motel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
3  Thank Dotti143

Dear Dotti123:

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry your stay with us was disappointing. We strive to give the highest quality of product and service, something we obviously fell short of on your visit. Your feedback is an valuable tool to assist us in better serving our future patrons - and for that I am very appreciative of your comments. We have substantially upgraded our breakfast, which has been well received by almost all our guests, and we are adjusting our food levels to meet the volume needs.

Once again thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and wish you the best in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I usually stay closer to the airport but this time as we rented a car I stayed at this hotel which is very good. The rooms are spacious, very clean and well equiped.
the complimentary breakfast is perfect. It has all you need to start your day.
The service is very good. I definetely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lorenia A:

Thank you so very much for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for pointing out our friendly staff along with our spacious clean and well equipped rooms. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy our newly upgraded complimentary breakfast - it has been gotten rave reviews from our guests. I hope you enjoyed our convenient location to many local Seattle attractions along with the complimentary shuttle service that we offer.

Your patronage at the Hotel Nexus is appreciated and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Refitted elderly hotel in the middle of everywhere on the north end of town. Pet friendly (15 dollar fee), complimentary dog dish, awesome employees. The gal that checked us in had a "trainee" nametag and was just the most efficient, personable and helpful desk agent ever. It's not fancy, but has everything you could want for a short stay. Just off I-5 near Northgate, free breakfast, small pool, comfy beads and plenty of soundproofing in the walls made for a very restful two nights, a welcome oasis for any Seattle vacation. Added bonus, freakin' AWESOME Indian restaurant out front, a donut shop next door and, of course, a Starbucks right across the street. "A" plus, two thumbs up, will be back.

Dear kennycj:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I was so very pleased to see that our staff, including our newest hire, gave you the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality and service! You named so many reasons that travelers choose us from our location, price value, pet friendly, pool, complimentary breakfast, cleanliness and the Saffron restaurant on property.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus for your Seattle visit and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel has everything I want in a good hotel. I found nothing to complain about. I will return for my birthday. Going to Vancover''s Butchard Gardens.
Stayed 4 nights!I booked 2 suites directly through the hotel. No extra charges.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Pool and spa closed during my stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank keshetconi

Dear keshetconi:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I'm was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us in one of our suites. I hope you were able to enjoy many of the complimentary amenities we offer such as breakfast, shuttle service, Wi-Fi, fitness room and guest laundry facility. But most of all, I hope our employees gave you the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality and service.

I hope your trip to Vancouver and Butchard Gardens went well! Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel (Motel) Nexus for one of our nights on our last trip to Seattle. We decided to stay out of downtown for a night to save on cost. We did not know what to expect of this hotel but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has been updated with fresh paint and some fresh furniture that makes the place look nice. We upgraded to the spa suite. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, the fridge and coffee maker worked and the spa tub was a nice bonus. The room was nice but average, nothing special to earn it a higher rating. Breakfast was decent, had a good assortment of eggs/French toast/cereal/toast, etc. Breakfast room is very packed and small to accommodate all of the guests. Nice location to downtown (about 10-30 minutes depending on traffic) and the mall is really close by. Overall a very nice experience for a good price.

Room Tip: Room on the back (north) of the hotel avoids traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brewztraveler

Dear ReidJenn:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to read you stayed in one of our Japanese Soaking tub rooms, aren't the tubs amazing! You pointed out many of the values that make guest choose us from our vicinity to downtown Seattle, ample complimentary breakfast, close to Northgate Mall and our pricing value. Some of the other amenities that set us apart are our complimentary shuttle, Wi-Fi and 24 hour fitness center.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus, for your visit to Seattle, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.