“Disappointed”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #70 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked a suite for 4 people for 3 night stay. Hotel room was clean but dated. Only had enough towels for three people. Had to phone front desk to get bedding/towels for the pull out couch. There was no in-room safe. We were going to use front desk safe but security for it is questionable. We had coffee in the room one day and we never did get replacement coffee. We were going to try buffet breakfast on first morning but a couple homeless people came in right after us and started filling up bowls/plates with food. Hotel staff saw this and did nothing to stop them. We ended up leaving and having our breakfast elsewhere. Shuttle bus service was useless - it only runs at certain times and only takes limited number of people and you are supposed to book 24 hours in advance. We used bus transit and/or walked everywhere. Walls between rooms are not very sound proof and person(s) in room next to us attempted to open adjoining room door several times. Front desk staff not the friendliest or most helpful. Would not stay at Nexus again.

1  Thank 393Lorraine
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 393Lorraine:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. First, my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered. We pride ourselves no the quality of service and product that we provide, something we obviously fell short of on your visit. I would like to discuss this further with you and invite you back as my guest. It is important to know when things go wrong so that we can grow and correct them in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to discuss your stay and I would like you to contact me at (206) 365-0700, ext. 189. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I, recently visited Seattle, and stays at the Nexus hotel. The room was very comfortable, and clean. The house cleaning staff was wonderful, and accommodating. Some of the employees at the front desk seemed a little preoccupied.
We were wishing we would've stayed a little closer to Seattle. The drive into downtown was at least a half an hour. There was a shuttle service from the hotel, that was free, but it would've been nice if they had scheduled a few more runs. We thought we could get a ride from the train station when we arrived at 12:30, but the shuttle was on THEIR schedule, not ours. We took the bus. It took us almost an hour to get to our hotel from the train station.
The breakfast could have been better. The pancakes the rubbery, and the orange juice tasted watered down. We skipped the pancakes on day two. The bagels were good, but there was no cream cheese. The bacon was so thin, you could almost see through it. But it was good.

Room Tip: Wifi was free, but kept turning off.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine G:

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. Your recognition of our hotel cleanliness and friendly staff was very appreciate! My apologies we couldn't pick you up on your train arrival - our complimentary shuttle makes 57 stop each day, from 7am to 11pm, to many locations throughout the greater Seattle area - because of this, we have to do a schedule to better meet the needs of all guests.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope you choose our property on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way home to California from Victoria so we could show our kids some of the sights of Seattle. The location of this place isn't the greatest, as far as being close to things, but it was fine for us. We had a double queen room and it was big and comfortable. It included a small desk area and there was a lot of storage space, which I like when staying somewhere for more than a couple of days. The breakfast was what one would expect for a "free" breakfast. The coffee was decent. The people at the front desk are not the super-friendly types. The hotel's shuttle schedule is a little hard to figure out, but that is apparently because they can't pinpoint a time when you'll be retrieved from the pickup locations in town -- traffic in Seattle is HORRIBLE!!! But at least they have a shuttle (very limited runs, though). The WiFi was terrible. I had to go outside to get a signal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from street noise.

Dear nrmrdaca:

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing you stay on TripAdvisor! Thank you for recognizing our clean and spacious double queen room in which you stayed. We have recently upgraded our complimentary breakfast to add variety along with more healthy gluten free menu items for our guests. Our complimentary shuttle is a very popular amenity we offer and my apologies for our inability to better inform you of our pick-up times. This is a constant struggle with Seattle traffic, one in which we constantly adjust our routes due to congestion.

What was most concerning to me were your comments about my front desk staff. I want all my staff to exemplify my and the company's values of service - one we clearly did not meet. I would like to personally apologize for their behavior. I hope you will consider our hotel on your next visit to Seattle and I would like to personally make your reservation. Please contact me at (206) 365-0700, ext. 189.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We thought we were getting a whole kitchen but our king suite did not have a stove in its kitchenette. I was able to walk to a Target and buy the rice cooker we needed. The bed was comfortable, the toilet did not flush well although on the top floor. The breakfast was sort of skimpy, no meat or salsa for eggs and limited toast/pancake choices, only apples for fresh fruit and the little breakfast room was very busy although there is a balcony veranda on the 2nd floor for al fresco dining. It was very easy to drive into and out of Seattle for visit to museums, Pikes Market, Sushi Ten and Sunset Hill. Good choice for us.

Dear NezandMimi:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I see by your response that you expected a kitchen in your suite. My apologies for not receiving one, some of our suites do have a full size stove/oven - along with all the cookware that may be needed. I'm sorry your toilet was slow flushing, our engineering staff can and should repair that issue. Our recently expanded complimentary breakfast includes scrambled eggs, a varying meat, breakfast potatoes, rotation of pancakes/French toast/waffles, gluten free items and so much more! Our second floor veranda is a great place to have breakfast on these beautiful summer days.

Thank you for recognizing our convenient location to many local destinations and downtown attractions! We appreciate so very much your choosing the Hotel Nexus and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this for a convention stay in July. I agree with other reviewers that parking is limited, but I never really had that hard of time finding parking. The breakfast was okay. Hot meal of french toast or waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, and the normal breakfast fair. It was a great location to get to many things and quick on/off freeway access. Overall I liked the place. Had comfortable beds. It only has a pool and not a hot tub.

2  Thank Elisa N

Dear Elisa N:

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I'm so delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to our property. You like many others recognized our complimentary breakfast, comfortable beds, outdoor pool and convenient location. We are pleased to also offer a complimentary shuttle, Wi-Fi and a 24 hour fitness facility.

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future while you're visiting Seattle.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After dropping off a group of Boy Scouts at Camp Parsons we selected the Hotel Nexus for our first night in the Seattle area. The Hotel was a great selection. The building has gone through a complete renovation and everything looked very good. The staff was great and provided support when needed. Though the property was not in the downtown, access to attractions was very easy. I would suggest this location when staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear baratman:

Thank you so very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor! I was so pleased to see you received the "Nexus Touch" of great hospitality and service during your stay. We are a great value for the complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, shuttle and so much more! Our shuttles offer convenient travel to local attractions and locations throughout Seattle.

I trust you had a much deserved rest after dropping off your boy scouts! Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

A group of six of us stayed two nights at the Nexus prior to going on an Alaskan cruise. It was much further from downtown Seattle then what I had been lead to believe, and the shuttle offerings were not as frequent as we would have liked.
The hotel's staff was friendly. However, Brian from the front desk stated he was going to arrange for a shuttle to pick us up from the airport and he did not. When I contacted the shuttle person, they stated no one from Hotel Nexus had muad such arrangements.
Our rooms were clean. The jacuzzi spa room is not worth the money. It is a small, tight room with a big spa tub in the way. However, our other friends had the king suite and it was definitely spacious and more reasonably priced.
The Hotel is located very close to the Northgate Mall. The overall location, isn't bad, but there were more panhandlers than I would have hoped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear dmr_msw:

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the confusion on your airport transportation - as we are twenty-one miles from the airport - at this distance we are unable to offer this on a complimentary basis. We do however have information on several different modes of transportation to our hotel from the airport. I'm so pleased to see your recognition of our friendly staff and clean accommodations. I hope you were able to enjoy Seattle before your cruise and that your cruise was a memorable experience.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.