“Mariners Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Delta
“Mariners Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Group of 4 guys went down to catch a couple of Mariners games over the weekend. Staff gave us early check in and offered us a spot on the shuttle down to the park/downtown. Instead we took their town car service a little later. $40 flat rate. Comfortable rooms with fridge microwave included. Ask for the mariners special and save because you're going to the game! Big breakfast too. Waffles eggs bacon hash browns toast cereal coffee juice. All the above. Great stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank typent
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear typent:

Thank you so very much for reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor! I'm so pleased you decided to stay at the Hotel Nexus and take advantage of our Mariner's rate. You like many other guests stay with us for comfortable rooms, ample breakfasts and the availability of our shuttles to many locations throughout Seattle. I hope you enjoyed the game and we hope to have you again as our guest in the near future.

Thank you again for the review!

Michelle Caruso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I rarely write reviews - however I feel it's necessary to alert paying customers about this experience - By far the worst hotel experience I have ever experienced - RUDE INCOMPETENT STAFF - NO CONCEPT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE - pay attention to the unfavorable reviews of this property because they are spot on -our story- after travelling all day -the 3 of us arrived at 11:30 pm only to wait over 30 minutes to find out they only had rooms with one bed. Did I mention no communication during that time - just waiting.
No apologies - no explanations - just a cot. A cot was delivered after 20 more minutes with no sheets - the mattress covered with stains and old food crumbs - mold on the pillows - oh and the extra bonus - junkies in the hallways and the parking lot smells like decomposing flesh.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank greengirl47
Dear Greengirl47:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am a firm believer in taking a poor experience and improving future service along with owning up to occurrence. I would like to first apologize for the terrible experience you had. With that said, I would like to discuss this with you and make it right! Please contact me directly at 206-365-0700, ext. 189.

My apologies again, and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss your visit.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I booked a 5 night stay at this hotel. A couple of nights before my stay I called the night staff to inquire about the shuttle service from the airport. The woman that I spoke with (Maria?) was extremely rude and unhelpful. She repeatedly talked over me. I asked her not to do that and to please answer my simple question and she simply hung up the phone. I immediately cancelled my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank CDW09
Michelle C, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear CDW09:

Thank you for reviewing your phone call to the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the interaction you had and I would like to personally discuss that with you further. I would like to assure you that I take pride in the quality of product and service we provide and this is very disturbing to me. Please call me at (206) 365-0700, ext. 189.

Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Staff is rude, False advertising and smells. Site/affiliated sites advertise Free Shuttle. 450 rooms 4 shuttles per day that seat ONLY 10 people! Garbage bags piled every day in front of side elevator. Poor Wifi. MOTEL not a hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
6 Thank Cat D
Dear Cat D:

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize your stay. Our 169 room hotel offers complimentary shuttles that makes 57 stop each day, from 7am to 11pm, to many locations throughout the greater Seattle area. I see we have refunded your stay and I would like to also give my apologies. I hope your trip home was good and wish you the best in the future.

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (206) 365-0700, ext. 189.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a very poor experience with this hotel. When I first arrived, despite requesting early check-in, there was not a room available. This was understandable, but the hotel was clearly not sold out, despite being told that it was. Once I was finally able to check into my room, it was in good condition, however the shower did not work properly because the faucet appeared to be backwards. My actual stay was okay, the room was not one I would normally stay in, but it was an okay value for the price and location (which is about 25 minutes from Downtown with no traffic if you're interested).

However, the check-out is why I had such a negative experience. I requested car service to the airport on the first night of my 2 night stay. On the 2nd night, I called to confirm the car would be there to get me. When I went to the front desk in the morning, the car was not there. I was told that it would arrive shortly. It did not. When the front desk agent called the service at my prompting, there had been some type of mix-up and they did not have my reservation. After much back and forth, I ended up being able to crowd into another car with a couple I did not know. I had planned to take a very important business conference call during my private ride and ended up having to do so in front of complete strangers. Once we arrived at the airport, the car driver tried to charge us SEPARATELY for the ride despite us having to ride together. I refused and we eventually only had to pay for one shared ride, but we were told we were being charged separately because the car service has to pay a commission to the hotel.

Overall, this was a very poor experience and I would never stay here again or recommend anyone to stay.The only positive is the breakfast bar which is included and changes daily. It's not great food, but a decent start to the day.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the back so the noise from the street doesn't distract you, but close to the lobb...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
4 Thank ProfessorVacation
Dear Professorvacation:

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for the problems you experienced from not being able to check-in early, towncar service and your shower not working properly. Clearly, we fell short of service expectation and this is unacceptable! I have contacted the towncar service, this is at no way an excuse, but they thought they were picking you up at the airport not dropping you off. They have also requested I pass on their apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

With that said, I would like to invite you back as my guest, to try to create a positive Seattle experience for you in the future. Please contact me directly at (206) 365-0700, ext. 189.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was very clean - no complaints! Some of the Front Desk staff could have provided better service - appeared distracted. While others were more than friendly. The shuttle was convenient but would be nice to have the shuttle to go to the airport. The free breakfast was great! It is walking distance to a mall, so that was nice.
The problem was with the traffic in Seattle, period. Not knowing that the advertised "quick" drive to downtown for the cheaper hotel would actually take 1.5 hours at some times of the day. Definitely recommend staying downtown if you are interested in participating in the tourist attractions. We were able to walk everywhere downtown that we wanted to go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank Leg08
Dear Leg08:

Thank you very much for reviewing the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. Thank you for recognizing our staff, clean rooms, complimentary shuttle and breakfast - these are many of the reasons guest choose us. We are 21 miles from the SeaTac airport, unfortunately too far to operate a shuttle. We are however 10 miles from downtown Seattle, 7 to the Space Needle, and offer complimentary shuttles to many local hospitals and attractions. I also agree that Seattle traffic can sometimes be exhausting - the price we bare for living is such a metropolitan city.

I hope your stay in Seattle was good and hope you choose the Hotel Nexus on your next visit.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Decent updated MOTEL, but not worth the price. Stayed 2 nights and "light housekeeping" consisted of clean towels and having bed made- but no replenishment of in room coffee. Best thing about this place - Saffron Grill restaurant (in parking lot).

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Barbara J
Dear Barbara J:

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. My apologies your stay was less than expected. The light housekeeping, by our property and becoming an industry standard, is our way of becoming more ecologically aware - doing our part to save the planet. My apologies for the housekeepers oversight on replenishing your coffee - as this should be done daily. Thank you for recognizing the amazing restaurant on our property, the Saffron Grill.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.