“hotel nexus”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 20 January 2010

awesome hotel close to a lot of tourist sites in seattle. good breakfast and awesome hot tub in room.

Stayed: November 2008
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2010

Wow, thank you for the wonderful compliments and thank you for taking the time to share them. I noticed it’s been awhile since your last visit. Since then we’ve made a few changes that I think you’ll love in the breakfast, the rooms and the staff. So stop by when you’re back in the area and check-in. It sounds like we have your winning combination! Best Regards, -Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Nexus on a weekend getaway with our family. The room rates were very reasonable and very economical. When we arrived the appearance was not what we had expected but upon entering the lobby and rooms all of our expectations were matched and then some. The rooms are retro in style yet modern in comfort, the beds are extremely comfortbale and shower had plenty of pressure. The breakfast area, rooms and lobby were all spotless. This hotels comfort was only topped by the ease of travel to Downtown Seattle. It is a quick 5 minutes to the Seattle Center and was very easy to travel. It was very nice being able to shop and tour downtown without having to stay right downtown and pay for parking! I'll be staying here again on my next trip through!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Dear Traveling Family, we understand that taking the whole family, big or small, away for the weekend presents a number of challenges. It is nice to hear that we were a highlight and a place to return to again and again. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions about Hotel Nexus and we certainly look forward to having you again soon. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

I made reservations on the morning of the 26th online. When I got to Hotel Nexus the front desk clerk took it upon himself to lecture us about how making reservations the same day online doesn't actually work. I have a suggestion, how about making it impossible to make same day reservations online then??????

The external appearance of Hotel Nexus screams 1960s MOTEL. They ought to change their name to Motel Nexus. We wanted to have a relaxing evening so we got the Japanese Hydrotherepy suite. The bathtub is worth the extra money, although it gets really hot in there. The room is nice, but the bathroom wall is not solid. The bathroom light illuminates the entire motel room and you better be ready to share every yucky sound you make with everyone else in the room. :(

The heater doesn't actually keep the room at the designated temperature. We have it set to 60 degrees F right now and it is really more like 75 in here. We had to turn the heat off completely just so we could stop sweating.

The coffee is just horrible. I thought I was drinking sugared dirt water. Maybe I'm spoiled from living in Seattle, but the coffee is just disgraceful.

I'm about to go try the breakfast. If it is horrible I'll write a second review entitled "What did I just eat?". ^_~

All in all I'd recommend staying somewhere else. This place is far overpriced for what you really get. They seem to think that the website is the most important part of their business, it makes the hotel seem spectacular....and it isn't.

• Stayed: December 2009

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to Hotel Nexus. I’m glad you were able to experience the Japanese Hydrotherapy Tub as those rooms are my personal favorite. They have been designed for relaxing and intimacy with less of a focus on noise barriers. I must say that it is unusual that your reservation wasn’t ready and waiting for you on your arrival as we have no issue with our web reservations systems. I trust that you did enjoy your breakfast as that is one of our most complimented amenities and coffee like wine must be judged in the eye of the beholder as we have heard many positives to the switch we made this year. We do appreciate your visit and hope that in your future destinations, you find exactly what you are looking for. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

We went there for my child's medical visit's at the nearby hospital. We prepaid for two nights before we arrived. We had arrived there very late at night. We were greeted by a very grumpy front desk gentleman. The room had a heating problem. I asked for an extra blanket. The blanket had two hole's in it, each about 21/2 inches round. The sheets were tissue paper thin, thread barren, and also had a few small holes. The pillows and room smelled thick, like old greasy body. Their was a couple in the room next door, and we could hear them arguing through the wall with foul language for hours at 2-3 a.m. in the morning. The traffic along the highway was also very loud from our room. I requested a room change and the front desk was not very nice. We were moved to the opposite side of the building on the same floor. This room smelled like strong vomit, but it was almost 4 in the morning and we were exhausted from our long airplane ride and had Dr. apt's early in the morning. At least the heat was working in this room, so we tried to sleep. Took the shuttle to the Hospital. You can count on the shuttle being at least one hour late both ways, ALWAYS. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the free breakfast was good and the kitchen workers gave us the only smiles we received in the place. AWFUL trip. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND TELL EVERYONE I KNOW HEADING TO THAT AREA TO STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Fisherman37
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2009

Dear guest, as the hotel manager, I am just aghast that we could have presented ourselves so poorly during your stay. I thank you for your blunt honesty. We are in the business of providing a clean, comfortable and safe haven for whatever your travel reason. As your sheets, heat and room odor were all points of concern, it is apparent that we have work to do. I hope that we may have the opportunity to remedy your opinions of us and even host you again as you make your way through Seattle next. Please contact me directly to discuss your previous stay or when making arrangements on your next trip to through the area. Thank you again. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 2 November 2009

I booked this hotel via Priceline and got a room on the front side of the hotel with a "view" of the city and I-5. Better than looking at the backside of stores on the backside of the hotel. The front side once you get in your room is very quiet.
The rooms are very large and we had plenty of space to put out 4 suitcases and carry on's and spread out a bit even. Bathroom is a bit small, however there is a 15 minute timer heat lamp for when you get out of the shower or bath which is very nice.
Water pressure is great and temperature can be as hot or cold as you want it. The vanity area is nice, but the sink pressure is a bit weak and the water is split out into a lot of small jets instead of one stream. Big plus in the room is the small refrigerator and microwave along with a coffee maker.
We did not use the last 2 items but the refrigerator was great! Airco/heater units are a bit dated, but quiet and cool or heat your room pretty fast.

Check in was simple and fast even when arriving at 8pm at night. The first room we got had a problem with the bottom of the door,which the maintenance guy on duty said he could not fix on his shift and went back to the front desk and got us another room within 5-10 minutes. We had 2 other minor issues which were responded to quickly during the day. Houskeeping starts at 8am, but does not check occupied rooms until after 9am. Very friendly staff and they keep the rooms spotless during your stay. Check out was fast, but the bell carts were nowhere to be found and a housekeeping person had to go look for one which took 10-15 minutes. That was the only down side.

Wireless internet is fast in the room with excellent signal strength as there is a repeater on every floor. There are 2 older desktop pc's in the lobby that are free to use, however being public pc's there is no privacy programs to erase your history or filed in field entries. The CPU fans get very noisy when there are a lot of graphics being displayed. However web browsing is very fast! No charge to use them or to print documents out. A very nice thing to have.

Lobby was spotless and modern and lots of daylight. Continental breakfast is good, you can make you own "Belgian" waffles, fresh fruit, eggs of various styles each day and bacon or sausage to go with them. Menu varies each day with waffles being the main item. Coffee and juice are also available. Wireless internet if you need it, with plug in's around the walls. Big screen TV's tuned to CNN. Breakfast is from 6-10am each day. We did not use the restaurant.

Location is great, just off of I-5 at Northgate. Short distance to the mall from the hotel. A bit of a walk or a short drive with the car.

Overall a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Expat_American
HotelWatchSeattle, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

“Dear guest, I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience here at Hotel Nexus. Whether it’s our “Belgian” waffles, our quick service or even our water pressure that made your stay most enjoyable, we invite you back with confidence that you’ll be pleased every time you visit our wonderful city. A special thank you for the wonderful compliments, I’ll take even more pride from them as they come from a seasoned traveler / reviewer. Tim Cordodor, General Manager”

Reviewed 22 October 2009

I am a Canadian citizen in Vancouver, BC. I am a big Seahawks fan and had a friend coming in from the UK that is a “massive” NFL fan from afar. She had never been to an NFL game so my wife and I wanted to take my brother-in-law and her to Seattle for an experience. My wife and her brother are no football for sure but this experience had both of them wanting more.
I had been sourcing tickets through e-bay and Craig’s List but was looking at about $100 for any ticket no matter its location in the stadium. Adding hotel on top of that and we were getting to be very pricey. It was only in the eleventh hour that I Googled “Seattle Seahawks game and hotel” and came across a couple of options including this package offered by Nexus Hotel. The others were over priced and just out of my range. I called the Nexus and spoke with Sarah who was more than helpful and accommodating with my questions and requests. It was when she said that it would be “$213 per couple” that I asked how much was the hotel on top of that assuming that the $213 was for the Seahawks tickets. I was pleasantly shocked when Sarah stated “that includes a night in the hotel and transport to and from the game”.
Getting to Seattle and finding the Nexus was easy as pie using Google Maps. The Nexus is right off of the I-5 and can’t be missed. With the Seahawks package we all received a collector’s glass (nice touch) and a coupon for a free beverage at the Saphron restaurant next door. Now this is a motel set up with each room having a door to the outside world but it met expectations and passed them in terms of cleanliness and the “continental breakfast”. My wife checks for bed bugs wherever we go and this place was clean and had a recent remodel it looked like. We had two rooms for the four of and each of them had queen sized beds, a fridge and a microwave (those two were bonus items to us). Parking was ample and again… location, location, location!
The next day was the Seahawks game and it was a bit confusing to find out when and where the bus left from as some of the staff had no idea but in hind sight the bus leaves at 10:30am and it goes from right out front of the hotel. On the bus is where we met our self-proclaimed “party hostess” and she had the most-est! Randi-Sue was a big Seahawks fan and it showed, she was enthusiastic and excited and she got the bus going and ready for the game. The fact they also brought along some beers for all of us to enjoy on route the game was just another bonus that we hadn’t expected. It was a short 20 minute ride to Qwest field but longer would have been ok too as the beer was cold and FREE! Randi-Sue took an interest in everyone’s experience and when she learned that I had three NFL virgins with me she offered us her discount card at the merchandise shops that offered us 15% off of souvenirs. Thanks again Randi-Sue! My English friend and I made good use of it and spent a couple hundred dollars on jerseys, towels, scarves, a jersey for her dog and countless other souvenirs.
The fan experience at Qwest Field is second to none and my voice was horse for days after yelling and having a wonderful time for four hours during the game. The Seahawks were horrible this game but the experience of an NFL game at Qwest Field made for some awesome memories and my wife and my brother-in-law are asking when we’re going again already!
We got back to the hotel after the game (thanks for waiting for us Randi-Sue while we shopped) and went to the Saphron for our free beers. We were expecting to have a full meal there as it was dinner time but when we walked in the owner and the staff were meeting and the owner looked at us like “how could you come in the restaurant right now”. We sat at the bar and ordered our drinks and spoke with the bartender who was less than impressed with the owner. Most of the other staff were moping around like their dog had been shot so needless to say we had our drinks and left. We asked the staff at the Nexus where we should go next and they pointed us in the direction of the Ram Pub. Awesome place to have some great bar food, some cold drinks and the service and atmosphere was what we were looking for.
Upon check out the Nexus could have some more staff (more than one) at the counter for 11:00am on a Monday but I finally got my receipts only to have a phone call hours later that I was under charged. As it turned out they had over charged my credit card but when I called Sarah to sort it out she again was more than helpful and had the charges reversed in an instant.
I will ABSOLUTELY return to the Nexus hotel providing they continue to offer the Seahawks package!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
7  Thank TheCanadianVoice

Dear Guest, Wow! That is quite the experience. I am so glad that Hotel Nexus was privileged to be part of such an anticipated introduction! Thank you for all your comments about our staff, Sara specifically, and Randi is just thrilled that you all had a good time. We most certainly invite you back and you can bet on Nexus Seahawks packages for years to come. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 13 October 2009

I walked up to the front desk after driving for three hours to Seattle and was in a lousy mood but was soon put at ease by the staff when I was given excellent customer service. I am a student and needed a great deal on a room and the guy at the front desk told me that he could give me a discounted rate and offered me coffee, which made me very happy. I found the room to be clean and the beds very comfortable. I will definitely be staying there again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank coop786
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad that the staff took such good care of you and that the room was to your liking. It’s such an honor to be called your hotel of choice for your future visits to Seattle and don’t worry, we know the term “Starving College Student” and we’ll always make sure that you get a great deal! Tim Cordodor, General Manger