“Excellent Hotel for singles and tourist for a short stay.”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #69 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 16 June 2010

They also provide you Breakfast which is not bad. The service is not bad either

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Desicooltraveler
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Dear Satisfied Traveler, thank you for your recommendations. We are very pleased you enjoyed our hot-breakfast buffet and the service levels of our team members. We are always happy to hear from our guests as they are the best viewpoint to help guide improvements to our hotel and services. It is our goal to move the bar from "not bad" to "outstanding". With that in mind please allow me to invite and encourage you to share any additional thoughts for improvement that you may have with me so we can work towards those for your next visit. Thank you for choosing us as your Seattle destination. We look forward to seeing you again soon! –Tim Cordodor, General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2010

A great facility with all the important ammenities. The location makes it easy to downtown Seattle and north points. Easy access to U district. Nearby shopping and eateries. Several stays here with nary a bad experience. Helpful and friendly staff.
What more could you ask for a home away from home?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2010

Dear loyal guest, thank you for your continued business and kind comments about our hotel. I promise that even now that you publicly revealed the value and convenient location of our hotel, that we will save you a room when all the Seattle travelers start calling Hotel Nexus their home away from home. May you have safe travels and we’ll look forward to your next trip when I hope to have the chance to personally shake your hand. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

My daughter and my mom decided to surprise my step dad for a last minute Valentine weekend getaway. I was told about this hotel and booked 2 rooms. One for my daughter and myself (2 queen beds), and one for my parents (King).
Stepping into the lobby was as if in a time warp-in a good way. Everything was accessible from the computers to the breakfast area.
After we found our rooms, my daughter found the joy in jumping from one bed to the other. (she can't do this at home). Everything in the room met my needs especially how clean the room was. This hotel had some of the softest beds I've slept in for a hotel. I was pleased.
The next day, we experienced the breakfast. This was Sunday and on this day, they serve bisquits and gravy. There was also a choice of 3 cold cereals, yogurt, assortment of bagels and bread, fruits, juice, coffee, milk, and of course the famous belgian waffles. This was the best breakfast I've ever seen in a hotel for not being a restaurant.
Before leaving our room for the day, the maid came by. I asked her not to worry bout the beds but we needed cups and the garbage taken out. She didn't quite understand what I was saying, a little English/Spanish barrier, but she was incredibly nice.
Sunday night, my daughter (my valentine) went to the restaurant in the parking lot. Saffron Grill. The food was amazing and we didn't have to walk/drive anywhere. After going to bed, I did have a neighbor above me that would fall down every 5 or so steps with a loud "thud". This happened most of the night but I reminded myself we were in a hotel.
Check out was a breeze on Monday... we left very happy.
This hotel was close to EVERYTHING. Just a few minutes from Woodland Park Zoo, the Northgate Mall, and downtown Seattle. I loved it.
Thank you and we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2010

Dear Guest, I’m so glad that you shared your experience with us. I love how there is always a reason to travel. A romantic getaway, a sightseeing adventure or just to get away from the daily grind. Seattle really is a prime destination for just about any reason. Thank you for making Hotel Nexus your home away from home for this occasion. I’m thrilled that you found our beds comfortable, soft and even bouncy and our breakfast exceeding your expectations. I hope that you will always give the hotel a chance to work on any noises that may keep you up. After all, we are in the business of sleep. I wish you safe travels and exciting vacations, your Seattle hotel host, Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 January 2010

awesome hotel close to a lot of tourist sites in seattle. good breakfast and awesome hot tub in room.

Stayed: November 2008
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2010

Wow, thank you for the wonderful compliments and thank you for taking the time to share them. I noticed it’s been awhile since your last visit. Since then we’ve made a few changes that I think you’ll love in the breakfast, the rooms and the staff. So stop by when you’re back in the area and check-in. It sounds like we have your winning combination! Best Regards, -Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Nexus on a weekend getaway with our family. The room rates were very reasonable and very economical. When we arrived the appearance was not what we had expected but upon entering the lobby and rooms all of our expectations were matched and then some. The rooms are retro in style yet modern in comfort, the beds are extremely comfortbale and shower had plenty of pressure. The breakfast area, rooms and lobby were all spotless. This hotels comfort was only topped by the ease of travel to Downtown Seattle. It is a quick 5 minutes to the Seattle Center and was very easy to travel. It was very nice being able to shop and tour downtown without having to stay right downtown and pay for parking! I'll be staying here again on my next trip through!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Dear Traveling Family, we understand that taking the whole family, big or small, away for the weekend presents a number of challenges. It is nice to hear that we were a highlight and a place to return to again and again. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions about Hotel Nexus and we certainly look forward to having you again soon. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

I made reservations on the morning of the 26th online. When I got to Hotel Nexus the front desk clerk took it upon himself to lecture us about how making reservations the same day online doesn't actually work. I have a suggestion, how about making it impossible to make same day reservations online then??????

The external appearance of Hotel Nexus screams 1960s MOTEL. They ought to change their name to Motel Nexus. We wanted to have a relaxing evening so we got the Japanese Hydrotherepy suite. The bathtub is worth the extra money, although it gets really hot in there. The room is nice, but the bathroom wall is not solid. The bathroom light illuminates the entire motel room and you better be ready to share every yucky sound you make with everyone else in the room. :(

The heater doesn't actually keep the room at the designated temperature. We have it set to 60 degrees F right now and it is really more like 75 in here. We had to turn the heat off completely just so we could stop sweating.

The coffee is just horrible. I thought I was drinking sugared dirt water. Maybe I'm spoiled from living in Seattle, but the coffee is just disgraceful.

I'm about to go try the breakfast. If it is horrible I'll write a second review entitled "What did I just eat?". ^_~

All in all I'd recommend staying somewhere else. This place is far overpriced for what you really get. They seem to think that the website is the most important part of their business, it makes the hotel seem spectacular....and it isn't.

• Stayed: December 2009

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to Hotel Nexus. I’m glad you were able to experience the Japanese Hydrotherapy Tub as those rooms are my personal favorite. They have been designed for relaxing and intimacy with less of a focus on noise barriers. I must say that it is unusual that your reservation wasn’t ready and waiting for you on your arrival as we have no issue with our web reservations systems. I trust that you did enjoy your breakfast as that is one of our most complimented amenities and coffee like wine must be judged in the eye of the beholder as we have heard many positives to the switch we made this year. We do appreciate your visit and hope that in your future destinations, you find exactly what you are looking for. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

We went there for my child's medical visit's at the nearby hospital. We prepaid for two nights before we arrived. We had arrived there very late at night. We were greeted by a very grumpy front desk gentleman. The room had a heating problem. I asked for an extra blanket. The blanket had two hole's in it, each about 21/2 inches round. The sheets were tissue paper thin, thread barren, and also had a few small holes. The pillows and room smelled thick, like old greasy body. Their was a couple in the room next door, and we could hear them arguing through the wall with foul language for hours at 2-3 a.m. in the morning. The traffic along the highway was also very loud from our room. I requested a room change and the front desk was not very nice. We were moved to the opposite side of the building on the same floor. This room smelled like strong vomit, but it was almost 4 in the morning and we were exhausted from our long airplane ride and had Dr. apt's early in the morning. At least the heat was working in this room, so we tried to sleep. Took the shuttle to the Hospital. You can count on the shuttle being at least one hour late both ways, ALWAYS. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the free breakfast was good and the kitchen workers gave us the only smiles we received in the place. AWFUL trip. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND TELL EVERYONE I KNOW HEADING TO THAT AREA TO STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Fisherman37
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2009

Dear guest, as the hotel manager, I am just aghast that we could have presented ourselves so poorly during your stay. I thank you for your blunt honesty. We are in the business of providing a clean, comfortable and safe haven for whatever your travel reason. As your sheets, heat and room odor were all points of concern, it is apparent that we have work to do. I hope that we may have the opportunity to remedy your opinions of us and even host you again as you make your way through Seattle next. Please contact me directly to discuss your previous stay or when making arrangements on your next trip to through the area. Thank you again. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.