“Incompetent Staff”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Upon arriving I was told that I had four rooms booked under my name. I had reserved one room online and showed the desk clerk my paperwork. He said that if I booked it online, then sometimes the reservations were entered more than once by other staff members. I was assured I would only be charged for one room. However, several weeks later I was billed for two more rooms.

Also, the young girls working at the front desk were not able to answer my questions. When asked about a grocery store in the area, one of them sent me to a town 30 minutes away!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nexus Seattle

Reviewed 31 July 2010

The rooms were clean and comfortable. We stayed for a concert that took place and found the rooms to be more than suitable for our needs.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean and sufficient for our purposes.
We did not dine in for the complimentary breakfast though it did look like typical fare: cereals, bagels/toast, limited hot buffet items.
There was a mix up with our reservations. They did not have them when we checked in. We had a trainee who was still learning but very friendly. The front office manager gave us a reduced rate for the mix up in our reservation and we were very grateful for this gesture.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this motel and would definitely consider returning if found in the area again.
Though it is somewhat far from the downtown core, it is not a far drive and there is a shuttle service offered at the hotel.
All in all we had a great time and would recommend this hotel to our friends and family travelling through the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

Dear recent guests,
Thank you for choosing us for your recent visit and for the compliments. It means a lot that you would take the time to review our hotel. A shame you missed out on the breakfast, the waffles are filling and the menu rotates. My favorite days are Tuesday and Friday, breakfast sandwich makings. We appreciate your patience with our new employee and are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. If any areas of improvement come to mind, please don’t hesitate to call me as we thrive on guest input. If not, then we simply wish you safe travel until we see you back in Seattle again! –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

We recently stayed at the Nexus and it's not a bad place at all. I know it's not in the downtown are but, if you use their shuttles or metro it's not bad at all. We took the shuttles in to town and would catch the metro back to the hotel. Use #16 or 5 they will take you right in front of the hotel across the street. You can go to Northgate mall and catch 41 in to town too and it will bring you back to the mall. It's a 10 min walk from the mall to the hotel.

Down side was that I did call housekeeping and front desk several time to get more towels in my room and no one came. I went to the exercise center and took them from there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Dear Traveler, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We believe our location is part of what makes us unique. We are close to downtown attractions yet away from the traffic, walking distance to Northgate Mall but with great freeway access. We have travelers who want to see the Boeing museum up north, visit the Woodland Park Zoo here in our neighborhood and head down south to Safeco Field to watch a game. We are in the middle of it all. I would like to apologize for the lengthy towel wait, I will look into that personally and see to it that it will not continue. We strive to give our absolute best to win your business and good opinion of our hotel and hope that you will stop back by when your travels bring you to Seattle to give us the chance to serve you again. Safe journeys from all of us at Hotel Nexus, Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

It never ceases to amaze me when hotels don't do a better job cleaning--it's probably the cheapest and easiest thing they can do to make a good impression and also the thing customers care about the most. So for this reason, I would definitely not recommend staying at this hotel. Which reminds me, why is it a hotel when the doors are on the outside? The comforter had a stain on it in plain sight that looked like seman or some other bodily fluid. Now I always take off the bedspread immediately anyway because I know a lot of hotels do not wash these in between each guest but come on...if there's a stain in plain sight i think you should wash it. Also, I don't even think they wash the blue blanket on the bed because when I saw them cleaning other rooms they did not take away the old blankets and they did not have any clean blue blankets on their carts. The good news is they were changing the sheets at least. The bathroom had strands of hair on the shower walls and on the bathroom floor (wasn't my hair), and all around the ledge of the tile was built up dust. The toilet was also not thoroughly cleaned...the part where the toilet seat and cover is attached to the toilet had some kind of white crud caked on it. Also, the hair dryer had dirt or makeup smeared on the handle, so they obviously do not clean this in between guests either. So, overall I guess it just depends on what your definition of clean is, but this hotel was unacceptable to me. We had room 303 and our other family members had the room next door (to the right from the outside). We paid $100 per room for one night. To be fair, our family who stayed in the other room did not have any complaints. I will not be staying in anything less than a Holiday Inn in the future.

1  Thank leahcar8
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Dear guests,

Thank you for your recent patronage and taking the time to gather your observations for Hotel Nexus to attend to. I would like to apologize for the unfortunate bleach stain that you found on your bedspread. While you may be relieved to find that the bedspread was, in fact clean, we are only satisfied with clean and spotless so we immediately replaced it. I can absolutely understand your observation about our blankets but please know that we change them with every checkout or stay over request. We do not, however, keep a supply on our carts as they take up a tremendous amount of space. When found, cleanliness deficiencies are addressed very seriously and I assure you that your comments were quickly given that same weight. Our rooms are subject to management inspections daily and we are very proud to present clean and comfortable rooms and we will work hard continuously to make sure that we offer just that. Also, I would like to take a moment to address a perception that many travelers have regarding exterior hallways because, as you can imagine, I have heard similar comments before. Truth is that all hotels these days fit the definition of hotel and motel alike so it becomes a matter of preference of the hotel. Again, thank you for your time and thoughts and we wish you safe and exciting travels from Hotel Nexus, Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

We were pleased with the rate we received by booking in advance. $104 for the Japanese Hydrotherapy room. The tub was very nice. The room was also very clean, and we had a room on the bottom floor and was pleased that we could not hear much street/highway noise.

However, we found the beds to be too firm...the pool to be on the chillier side (this could have been due to using it on a cloudy day...but it was too cold to stay in for long) And the breakfast room to be far too busy. There were 2 waffle makers that had lineups both days...we ended up passing on breakfast as there was no where to sit.

The fire alarm of the hotel went off at 8:45 at night...and then continued to go on and off for almost an hour. Our poor toddler was woken up from his sleep and terrified of the noise. We ended up sitting in our vehicle until the alarm was turned off for good.

We also had a problem with the wifi, with too many subscribers logged in, we could not get logged in half the times we tried. The front desk gave us an ethernet cable to use, but when we got to our room there was no where to plug the ethernet in....after a call to front desk we were told that our room did not have an ethernet port...even tho it was advertised on our reservation sheet.

Overall the rate was decent....but we would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Dear traveling family, first I would like to thank you for putting in the time to talk about your recent experience at our hotel. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding our very unique “Hydrotherapy - Bubble Tub” rooms as well as your observations on the cleanliness of your room.
We are in the business of offering a good night’s sleep, and understand that everyone has different and unique needs in regards to pillows, bedding and mattress firmness. Please let us know in future stays and we can provide a pillow menu or mattress topper to try to get just the right softness for your mattress. I also want to thank you for letting us know about the pool. We try to keep it at a nice 80+ degrees and more often we hear that it’s too close to bath water temperature. It is unfortunate that you didn’t get the chance to enjoy the breakfast. It is what many of our guests rave about the most. It does sometimes get busy but the line goes fast and is worth the wait. Also we will work with our facilities team to look into the internet concerns noted, including, the speed of our connections as well as the hard wiring for the room in which you stayed.
I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during the alarm. While I don’t have a toddler of my own, I can imagine how scared your child was, as they were awakened by the loud noise of the alarms. Unfortunately, even though the alarm turned out to be no more than a prank, I want to assure you that the hotel staff worked quickly to find and solve the problem with help from our outstanding firemen from Station 31. As the safety of our guests is our largest concern we could not silence the alarm until the fire department deemed the situation safe.
I appreciate your thoughts and we will work to address all of your concerns and wish you and your family safe and especially serene travels. I do hope you’ll consider contacting me personally so that we can discuss how we may be able to earn your trust again and give the team at Hotel Nexus another chance to exceed your expectations the next time your travels bring you to Seattle. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 19 June 2010

In this case, you get MORE then you pay for! The suites, with 2 queen beds and a living room and kitchen are well worth $129, especially considering we'd spend that just in food for two teenagers and we need to spread out a bit. Within walking distance to a mall with food/food court/Target, and a park, etc. A room this size is usually twice the price.

The "upscale retro" is pleasent. The staff were helpful and accomodating. Most important to us, the hotel was very clean. WiFi available in our room allowed us to look up local attractions and map our day. Breakfast includes a hot meal (eggs/sausage-type of service), make-your-own-waffles, and typical pasteries, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. The room that breakfast is served in is a bit small and often filled on the week-ends.

We did not rent a car but relied on shuttles, which took us everywhere we wanted to go, but were often full - be sure to sign up for your shuttle early! The pool was heated, spa nice (next to freeway and noisy) but the gym's 2 of 3 cardio equipment did not work, however this hotel does not advertise a gym, so I was happy to find anything. Additionally, there is a laundry room for longer stays (soap available at nearby convienience store).

We won't look any farther and will stay here for any future trips to Seattle.
We'll return to Hotel Nexus

Reviewed 16 June 2010

They also provide you Breakfast which is not bad. The service is not bad either

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Desicooltraveler

Dear Satisfied Traveler, thank you for your recommendations. We are very pleased you enjoyed our hot-breakfast buffet and the service levels of our team members. We are always happy to hear from our guests as they are the best viewpoint to help guide improvements to our hotel and services. It is our goal to move the bar from "not bad" to "outstanding". With that in mind please allow me to invite and encourage you to share any additional thoughts for improvement that you may have with me so we can work towards those for your next visit. Thank you for choosing us as your Seattle destination. We look forward to seeing you again soon! –Tim Cordodor, General Manager