“Not recommended if looking for clean.”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 24 July 2007

Carpet was filthy! Our feet and socks were black within minutes of being in room. The walls in the full kitchen suite were splattered with grease or food. Our 17 month old son had to sleep in a second-hand (manager admitted they purchased used from another business), stained, dirty playpen because they do not provide cribs even though their website stated they did. Front desk was lacking. Cabs were not called when they said they would, we did not get a wake up call the morning of our departure when we requested one the night before, and the free shuttle service was slow. Allow plenty of time to get to your destination. It took one hour to get to the Space Needle from the hotel. We understood this was not a 5 star hotel, but when paying almost $200 a night, we hoped things would have been nicer. We will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Minotmom
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nexus Seattle

Reviewed 3 June 2007

My wife and I had to go to Seattle, where our daughter had been flown from Vancouver B.C. Canada to give birth to our premature granddaughter.

Our daughter had been staying at the Hotel Nexus for approximately three weeks and recommended the Hotel to my wife and myself.

Upon calling the Hotel to make reservations the Hotel accomadated our request for a room close to our daughters. Next door in fact. As well the staff were well informed of our daughter and her family.

Upon arrival the desk staff were extremely helpful in booking us in, and demonstrated an understanding and knowledge of what was occurring with our daughter and her family and ensured that we were informed while at the same time maintaining confidentaility in regards as to being overheard.

We found our Hotel Rooms clean, the pool was in very good condition, and the staff was excellant.

I had read previous reviews on the Hotel Nexus which were negative and to be honest I was quite concerned however as I have stated I found the Hotel Nexus to be higher rated than stated.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RoadrunnerAgassiz
Reviewed 21 May 2007

I'd already read the previous reviews so called directly and spoke to Lynn, sharing my concerns. She listened and assured me I would not have the same experiences that others had written about so I made plans to spend two nights and catch a couple of Mariners games. Upon arrival we were treated like guests, we found our room to be clean (we were even allowed early check-in at 8 AM). The Mariners game package w/shuttle service was perfect and every staff member I spoke with was very friendtly, courteous, and helpful. I can't speak for other guests, but we were treated very well, our room was cleaned and made up while we were out and about and it was a very pleasant experience. I plan to return to Hotel Nexus for Seahawks games in the future...

• Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank homenalaska
Reviewed 20 May 2007

What a gem! We just concluded a perfectly delightful stay at the Hotel Nexus in Seattle, WA. We flew in on a blustery, rainy day, feeling a little bedraggled by a day of traveling, and were immediately warmed and uplifted by the sparkling, personal greetings and reception of the friendly hotel staff. The lobby, and come to discover the rest of the hotel as well, was artfully and tastefully decorated with funky, eccentric, neomodern retro-furnishings, the likes of which I have not seen anywhere else in my travels. In speaking with hotel personnel, they informed me that each piece was handmade exclusively for them by local furniture crafters, and were entirely unique.

In our room, the unique and progressive design features continued, and we enjoyed the most comfortable mattress that I have ever slept on. Normally, I make it through a hotel stay with varying amounts of discomfort, but I slept like the proverbial baby and didn't want to get out of that wonderful bed in the morning.

All during our stay the staff was extremely helpful, cheerful and genuinely concerned about both our comfort and our "tourist" experience, recommending (without prompting) any number of local attractions and activities. We loved the area and we particularly enjoyed the hotel. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank criverz
Reviewed 10 May 2007

I booked ( on the hotel's own website) a room at this hotel specifically for the hydrospa tub in the room. I was taking a test at the University of Washington the next day and wanted to relax the night before. Upon arriving I was informed that they did not have my reservation and did not have any more tub rooms either. Once I did finally get another room, it was just okay, nothing special. The staffer at check out was a joke, I spent 30 minutes waiting for him to shuffle papers, find things he had but got lost in the mess of papers he had going, and to say that my shuttle reservation was on another sheet of paper and that's why they didn't have that one either. After two trips back to the office to get my key turned back on so I could load my stuff in the car (it was 6:30 am), I ended up missing breakfast because of the runaround. Shesh!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank lmmidpoint
K_Oliver, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2007

. First off I am deeply sorry for the reservation and check in problems you had with us. I appreciate your concerns and would like you to know I am taking these issues very seriously, as a staff we attempt to offer the best service we can to our guests. Obviously this was not accomplished during your stay and I am very sorry for that. If you would be willing to give me a call I would be more then willing to discuss ways in which we could make it up to you and attempt to resolve the problems you outlined in your response.

I would encourage anyone who is frustrated with their stay at our hotel to contact me so I can attempt the resolve the issue.

Reviewed 12 March 2007

We stayed at theis hotel when it was the Ramada Inn a few years back- didn't like it then either
We thought they really renovated and upgraded.
The website makes it looks good- the only thing nice about it is the lobby.
The rooms are small and cramped, yes we are a family with 3 kids but have never had a problem at a Hyatt or other hotels.

Aside from that the room looked and felt dirty- when we checked in there were no towels or soap. The bedspreads looked very shabby and when you actually see the covers underneath they has several holes!!- The pillows were a joke- the 1st morning we went out and came back at 2pm- the room hadn't been cleaned- okay- so when they did come in she changed the sheets, not pillowcases, no did she even wipe down the bathroom or sink-
Oh yes, when you used the sink it filled up- maybe drano would work- no closet just an area near the bathroom- and yes a plus with microwave and fridge but the area was so tiny, the fride also leaked all over the floor (a nice puddle to step into.)
We didn't get a chance to go for the breakfast, so can't comment on that.

It is a a very busy street.
You can't open the drapes to see light as everyone can see in-
The rooms were quite dark-poorly lit.

Would not stay there again-

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank myfamilyof5
Reviewed 8 September 2006

We last stayed there at the end of August for a couple of nights, as we had stayed there previously. This is a hotel that offers good value and is in a good location for shopping. We found the room very clean, and the bed comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and we would definately stay there again. I can't believe all the negative comments about this hotel our experience was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple