“Not Impressed”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The Japanese Hydrotherapy room got my attention. My wife and I like to splurge for jacuzzi-style hot tub rooms whenever we can and the price was right at Hotel Nexus ($116). However, the old adage "you get what you pay for" was in full force. It felt like a old motel trying to be cool and hip but not quite making it. The room was small and felt cave-like with it's low ceiling. The soaking tub easily accommodated two people and the water was hot, but the bubbles were not even close to the "hydrotherapy"of a jetted tub. The bed was great and the free breakfast was okay. Overall, it left us both a bit dissatisfied when compared to a newer Holiday Inn or Best Western.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Methow-Dreams
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear local traveler,

Thank you for your recent visit to try out our bubble tubs and your comments. Like you, we feel that, for the price, the Hotel Nexus offers great value to our travelers whether a suite for the family or a bubble tub room for the weekend getaway. I apologize that the hydrotherapy tub was not what you were looking for. One of the great comments we’ve received from our other guests is in regard to the hygienic nature of only circulating air and not water. Also, if I may interest you, since you enjoyed the bed and breakfast, we have larger spacious suite style rooms as well, some even with full kitchens. Once again thank you for your patronage and should you need a friendly hotel in the Northgate or Seattle areas. We’ll be here to serve you again. Safe travels to you. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2010

Simply a great hotel. The staff are friendly, courteous, and go out of their way to help guests with any problems. Beds are comfy, rooms are clean, service is prompt. The staff are great about remembering repeat customers and will jump through hoops to help them out. Ask for Johnathon if you need anything! A+++

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear Seahawks Fan,
Happy birthday! So glad you found us and that you had such a fabulous time. Not every traveler realizes how much parking, breakfast, internet and other fees really start to add up at other hotels. In addition, you stayed in my favorite type of room. Many of our guests find our bubble tubs to be quite a relaxing experience. We agree that Saffron Grill is outstanding! Every dish has so much flavor that it is certainly a crowd pleaser, for even the most discerning pallets. Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. It really means a lot to us here at Hotel Nexus. So until the next big game, safe travels to you and your family. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

When my husband bought me Seahawks tickets for my birthday, I immediately started looking for hotels close to the venue. I was shocked at how expensive hotels were AND how all of the hotels downtown charged $25+ for parking. I started looking into hotels with shuttles and I'm so thankful I found Hotel Nexus. We had an absolutely fabulous time! The staff were all so friendly. Free parking! Free internet! The shuttle was GREAT! I've had "hotel shuttle service" before (aka...say they will pick you up at a certain time and they are still not there 2 hours later), but Hotel Nexus exceeded our expectations. The free breakfast was great (waffles and even biscuits and gravy one morning!) When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to their spa suites for only $10! The tub was HUGE and it was well worth the few extra bucks. Finally, our first evening we ate at the Saffron Grill which is the restaurant associated with Hotel Nexus (I believe they even do room service!). It was hands down one of the top 5 meals we've ever experienced! All around great stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed here a night. Hotel was clean, neatly kept. Close to I-5 and the shuttle service is great.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Following peoples ratings can be hard as it comes down to what you're used to in a hotel. If you're used to things being spotless, this is not the hotel for you. A water leak, upraised carpeting, patched walls and ceilings, grease all over the window, patched and repainted sections everywhere (including behind the front desk) is what welcomed us. The staff is young and 1 was more interested in texting than helping me. I will say however, that the location is good and the hotel was quiet. Room service was polite and fast. Shopping and a couple good restaurants are close by. Service can fluctuate everywhere you go, but I couldn't get past the patch jobs. Hate to be a snob, but I'm looking for spotless.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We have been going to this hotel for about 6 years now. The service we received was excellent. The breakfasts were great...so much to choose from. The beds are oh so comfortable! Our room was clean and just what we needed. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.
You shuttle service was awesome! We went to the Seahawks game one day and to the Space Needle another day, and just knowing we didn't have to drive there made it even more wonderful.
The one thing we liked the least is there was no seating in the room other than a plastic computer chair. But we were there to see the sights not stay in our room all day.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Upon arriving I was told that I had four rooms booked under my name. I had reserved one room online and showed the desk clerk my paperwork. He said that if I booked it online, then sometimes the reservations were entered more than once by other staff members. I was assured I would only be charged for one room. However, several weeks later I was billed for two more rooms.

Also, the young girls working at the front desk were not able to answer my questions. When asked about a grocery store in the area, one of them sent me to a town 30 minutes away!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family