“Wonderful service, fun decor, exceeded expectations and we will be back!”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful service, fun decor, exceeded expectations and we will be back!”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Hotel Five exceeded my expectations. I stayed with my sisters in the executive suite on the fifth floor which had a sleek and modern style in the renovated part of the hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was incredibly hospitable. Thank you to Julia, the manager who ensured we had a wonderful stay and upgraded our room. I stayed here 2 years ago when it was the ramada, had an unpleasant experience, did not want to come back and Julia convinced me to try Hotel Five. It is so modern and inviting now. I recommend Hotel Five, especially the renovated floors (4th and 5th).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank A C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Loved the hotel. Not a basic hotel from a national chain. Front desk were very helpful in receiving some packages and also giving us ideas of where to go for dinner and to listen to music. Complimentary coffee and cookies/muffins were also a plus. Room was clean and colorful!!!

Room Tip: Color me to sleep
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dei999
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We visited our son who was working in South Lake Union for the summer and needed a hotel close to everything (in walking distance!) that was reasonable in price. Hotel Five was a great solution-the location is fantastic, towels were thicker than usual, beds were comfy. The double queen room was a little small for three people but we made do. We were on the fourth floor facing a parking lot and heard no outside noises. We had a visitor, also from out of town, who needed driving directions to his hotel in the suburbs after joining us for dinner one night. The hotel clerks did a Google map search and printed out maps for him to use-I thought that was super nice!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank APfromLA
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I loved having free WiFi, so many places charge you now so this was great. The restaurant offered an excdellent breakfast and not just a continental. The rooms are fun, brand new with modern, colorful design; vibrant and dramatic reds, black and yellow. The roomy bathroom has huge walk in shower and beautiful glass sink; neat sliding door. Wood floors add to the clean feeling as do the new linens. I enjoyed a very comfortable sleep. My room was on the 5th floor so I was eye to eye with the monorail; which did not give disturbing sound as one might expect; made a fun Seattle kind of stay . I'd definately recommend to others and will stay there again asap.

Room Tip: ask for spaceneedle view if you want it or city view for great people watching and monorail
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank likestotravel509
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I booked our vacation with Ramada (seattle) back in February 2011 (got a confirmation number, etc...). I called one week before our trip in the end of July to get directions from the airport to the hotel. Learned the hotel was sold to Hotel Five. They did not have our reservation under my name or confirmation number and was told they had no rooms available. We were never notified of the sale or the fact that our reservation was not honored. If I never called we would have shown up at the door without having a room. We weren't able to get any reservations in town (unless I wanted to pay double at that late notice). Ended up finding a placed near University of Washington and we had to pay for town car services to town each day (something I didn't figure into our budget). Believe me the better business bureau, the chamber of commerce and any place else I can notify will hear about there service.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mpfdjf
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the experience you had attempting to stay at our hotel. The situation you described is very concerning to us and we'd like to discuss this with you in an effort to make amends.

We operate three other hotels in Seattle and the University district and should have worked with you to accommodate your original reservation at one of those properties. Our free shuttle service from the University district could have been helpful to you during your stay. We are very sorry that our team apparently failed to assist you with your travel.

Please contact me directly at mbaumann@staypineapple.com at your leisure, so that we may get further details of your experience. Thank you again for your comments, they help us better serve all our guests.
atlanta
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Was unsure about this hotel after reading some of the reviews and when I first walked into the hotel. The decor is an attempt towards the trendy but as I stood in the lobby, I was worried this would be a shabby hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the room though. It first reminded me of my college dorm room but then I took in the nice hardwood floors, the very clean room, and the comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious, clean and had a great shower. The room has free wi-fi, good coffee maker, iron, hairdryer etc. It was a very comfortable stay and I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rmgatlanta
Portland or
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is not a $200 hotel. But that is what I had to pay at the time, and yet they still tried to bump me, to the Maxwell. For those who dont know Seattle, this is a dodgy area, the Maxwell Is way out in an even worse area. Staff were pleasant and tried to fix things, but I will never book here again as I cannot guarantee where I will end up. Avoid this place and stick with places that honor your booking. I did eventually stay here as I refused to be bumped, but make no mistake: this is a $69 ramada, if you get it for that then fine, if you pay any more it's robbery.
Don't expect to be warned if you are bumped, I didn't find out till I tried to check in.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Fatveg
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We're very sorry you did not get to enjoy one of our remodeled rooms during your visit in July. Our renovation fell behind and we wanted to accommodate your room quality request by offering a complimentary night at our sister property.

We believe the quality of our hotel rooms are in parity with one another and wanted to ensure that you enjoyed your stay. We're sorry that was not communicated to you more clearly.

The second phase of our renovation is mere days away from completion and we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Marco Baumann