“Stayed at the hotel five in Seattle, WORST experience ever.”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Stayed at the hotel five in Seattle, WORST experience ever.”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed at the hotel five in Seattle, WORST experience ever. Car got broken into in their parking garage. Told the cameras don't really work, almost caught the thief but she managed to get away. bumped into one of hotel staff the next day during checkout, appears to be her, right down to the tat and dreadlocks, although they said it couldn't be here as she lives to far away. Hello. She works there. Manager said she would provide refund due to horrible room, extra charges for having four people in the room without anything being provided for them, uncomfortable beds, car being broken into, now refusing!! Beware! If it is the hotel staff it certainly puts your belongings at risk when you aren't in the hotel.

Room Tip: Book in a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Brewsin509
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to resolving this dispute with you directly. We sincerely apologize that we've left you with with a negative impression of our hotel and service. We consider our guests' security to be of paramount importance. I look forward to speaking with you to clarify.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Five. It is in a handy location, short walking distances from the Pike Place market, shopping, Belltown and the Space Needle/EMP Museum. The hotel is small and modern and stylish with nice touches like free bicycles, free wifi, and free coffee & cupcakes. My room was well appointed and spotless and had a neat view with the monorail at eye level right outside my window, which i thought was cool.
The front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating - happily helping me out when i had stupidly booked my room for the wrong month.
No complaints at all. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank drnorth
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
drnorth,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us! We're delighted that you chose us and hope to have earned your return visit... a special thank you for your observations about our staff. We're proud of them and will share your feedback with everyone! See you again soon..

Marco Baumann
Managing Director
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hotel Five is a pineapple chain (same family as my other favourite Maxwell Hotel), and situated close distance to downtown shopping and attractions. The front desk staff were great - friendly and personable. Afternoon coffee with pineapple cupcakes in the lobby are the chain's trademark. Beds were super comfy and rooms were very clean. Decor is modern. Quarters are tight in some single rooms. You can also borrow one of their bikes and ride around town. All the amenities you need without paying the high prices! Parking is only $15/day and convenient that you can leave your car for the duration and walk easily everywhere; within 5 to 15 minutes you are at the heart of shopping, great restaurants, movie theatres and Pike Place. Walk or hop on the monorail to get to the Space Needle centre.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank O J
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
O J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Pineapple Hospitality, Hotel FIVE, and The Maxwell Hotel thank you for your loyalty to our brand and we are happy that Hotel FIVE hit the mark for you during your stay! We hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE when your travels bring you to the Seattle area again! Be sure to check out our hotel's website for new and current happenings within the Pineapple Hospitality family of hotels!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great deal for the area. They must have a really good PR company , its presented a little more slick than it is. I didnt have anything that I disliked about the hotel, the location was great, the rooms were nice , beds were comfortable , the staff was super friendly ... it just lacked wow factor. but for the price and location it was a great deal overall.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
BWBrooklynNY,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments in regards to our hotel and it's staff! We also agree that it is a "Great deal for the area" and hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE one day soon!

Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The Hotel Five is a unique, hip and convenient place to stay in the downtown Seattle (specifically the Belltown neighborhood). Hotel Five is nearby many very good restaurants. At least 3 Tom Douglas restaurants are located a couple blocks away, and you are within a short walk of the Seattle Center and Space Needle. The walk to the waterfront via Bell Street is only about 10 minutes.

Rooms are rather standard in size. Not huge, but not tiny either. The rooms are well equipped with Keurig coffee makers, and complimentary bottled water. Unlike a lot of other hotels, rooms have plenty of lighting that is well maintained. Two night stands with bright table lamps, a very nice floor lamp located next to a comfy chair with ottoman that is good for reading under and a table lamp on the multifunction desk, dresser. There is also a good hallway ceiling light.

Bathrooms are small-ish but efficient and well laid out. Bathrooms have a stand up shower and a small vanity with backlit mirror. Most of the light in the bathroom comes from the light behind the mirror. There is also a light in the toilet/shower area and directly above the entry to the bathroom. Those two lights don’t provide much illumination, but keep the bathroom from being a dark pit. The bathroom also houses the in-room safe, a decent sized rail for clothes hangers, along with a courtesy umbrella, hair dryer, iron and ironing board.

The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I’ve slept on in a long time. And as some others have commented, the pillows were also the best hotel pillows I’ve ever slept one. I give sleep quality high marks because I truly was comfortable in this hotel bed, unlike just about every other hotel bed I’ve ever slept on.

Floors are all solid surface. The flooring in the entry and the main portion of the room is a click-together wood laminate. Flooring in the bathroom is matte finish tile. There are carpet runners on either side of the bed. The solid floors add to the cleanliness of the room.

Bed linens were crisp and seemed very clean. Likewise, the towels and washcloths were not rags or so thin that you wondered why they hadn’t been thrown out yet. By far some of the nicest linens I’d seen in a hotel of this price level in a long time, if ever.

Parking fees were reasonable, however I still take issue to paying for parking when I’m already paying for a room. Our first night there, when we arrived back at the hotel from being out, there were no parking places remaining in the garage that I could fit the car into. As such we informed the front desk that we couldn’t park in the garage. Without questioning us, they informed us that we would not be charged for that night’s parking and that street parking overnight would not cost us and that we didn’t need to worry about tickets because the next morning was Sunday. We were able to park in the garage on our second night. Be advised that the garage is rather small, that roof height is limited and parking spaces are very tight. Getting in and out of some of the spaces is nearly impossible. The garage layout could be improved with more angle parking in the lower level. The garage does feel secure and the only way in or out of the garage is through the main ramp or up the elevators, which can only be called with your key card. Also, if you don’t like the hotel’s garage, there is a private pay parking lot on the same block as the Hotel Five. I can’t speak to the rates you’ll pay there or if overnight parking is allowed. I did feel safer having my car in the hotel garage than on the street.

We did not eat in the breakfast and lunch restaurant called Max’s that is located in the lobby of the Hotel Five. However there is a menu in each room and the selections all appear tasty and are reasonably priced.

Hotel Five is probably one of the better lodging locations and deals in the Belltown neighborhood and downtown for that matter. We will be happy to return in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are quieter, but there is very little view. Rooms facing 5th Ave and t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
mtgops,

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the surrounding neighborhood as well. Please be sure to check out our hotel's website for current and future promotions. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel FIVE in the near future!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Five in early December from Friday-Tuesday.

My first impression of the hotel was quite good. It was clean, the staff were all very friendly and the location was decent. Max's Cafe was an excellent choice for breakfast.
A few hours later, I noticed a group of 6-8 young guys checking into the hotel. We shared an elevator up to our rooms and they mentioned they were in town for a stag weekend. One of them said, "I feel sorry for anyone else that's on our floor".

Lucky for us, our room was right across the hall from one of theirs.

Each night, they started the party early in their rooms. Drinking heavily and being very loud. They would head out and come back between 1:00 and 2:00am. Each night when they returned, they continued to party in their rooms and in the hallways. They were screaming, had their shirts off banging on doors and were overall just obnoxious. This lasted about an hour and a half. I spoke with other guests and many of them complained to the front desk, but it didn't seem to make a difference. This went on each and every night. Needless to say, getting a good nights sleep wasn't possible.

One afternoon, while coming back to the hotel, I noticed one of the guys talking with the front desk staff. To me it seemed the staff were more interested in being buddies with this group than they were recognizing that these 8 guys were really putting a damper on the weekend for many of the other guests on the floor. To make matters worse, the front desk even provided them a fridge so they could stock up and keep their booze chilled for when they returned each night. This compounded the problem.

When I checked out on Tuesday, I asked the front desk what kind of feedback they received from other guests and she said they heard about the rowdy group. She told me that they were given "a talking to" when they checked out. It was difficult not to laugh when I heard that come our of her mouth. Unfortunately it was too little, too late. She did seem sincerely apologetic.

I don't blame these guys for partying at their buddies stag. I get it. What I can't accept is the way the staff just let these guys disrupt so many other guests stays. I can't imagine another hotel tolerating this. I realize Hotel Five is a boutique hotel and it caters to the younger/hip crowd, but this was brutal. I'd have second thoughts booking Hotel Five again.

I sent Pineapple hospitality an email over 3 weeks ago sharing my experience. I'm disappointed to say I never heard back. For a company that claims it excels at it's customer relations I am disappointed.

I'd suspect that normally this is a good place to stay, but for me, I'm sorry to say it was a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eegnops
Eegnops,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. This is not the impression we like to leave with our valued guests. We tried to contact you via the phone number you provided for your reservation but we may have the wrong number. I would love an opportunity to speak with you, please feel free to call me at your convenience. I can be reached at 206-770-7146. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Vancouver
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Booked this hotel through HotelTonight and was very pleased. Friendly front desk staff, nice room, best pillows I've ever had in a hotel, and located near a nice restaurant and jazz bar. Parking fee was reasonable.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
wrossbc,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to our front desk staff! It is great that you were able to try us out using Hotel's Tonight and we are happy to know that we met your needs! We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Seattle, be sure to check out our hotel's website for new and upcoming promotions!