Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
US$319
US$219
Priceline
1,596 results
All reviewscupcakesmax's cafepineapplespace needlegreat locationtommy bahamawithin walking distancefree bikesfunky decorpike place markethardwood floorscute hotelbottled waterevery afternoonfun hoteleuropean stylewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Had a great experience staying at Hotel FIVE.
My boyfriend and I just returned from our first trip to Seattle, and had a fantastic experience staying at Hotel FIVE. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly and got us checked in with no hiccups.
The room itself was exceptionally clean and updated. I especially enjoyed the laminate flooring in the room, as sometimes carpet can be very dirty. The only part of the room that left something to be desired would be the water pressure in the shower - it was quite low. Everything else was fantastic! The front desk staff even called up to the room about 10 minutes after we checked in to ensure that everything was to our liking (bonus points for that!).
Every afternoon the hotel supplied Starbucks coffee and cupcakes down in the lobby, which was also a nice little treat if you were returning from your daily walks.

The walls were a little bit thin (as other reviews state), so it wasn't hard to hear the people out in the hallway, but this didn't bother me too much, as I have no problem sleeping through noise.

The location of the hotel is also fantastic. It is within walking distance to 1st ave (where you'll find a lot of restaurants & pubs), Pikes Place, Pioneer Square, etc.

All in all we had a great experience with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again! Great value for the price!

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room on the 5th floor (top floor) if possible to reduce noise from those above you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smsavage
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear smsavage,

Thank you for taking the time to give other travelers your feedback on our hotel. We're glad that you were impressed and hope to welcome you back. See you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

It was my first time to Seattle and it was for business. Hotel was immediately interesting when I was finding some information about it, but I did not take care of my reservation. Bedroom and bathroom was perfectly designed and made it easy to work, relax and prepare for the day. Complimentary coffee in the reception was great and pineapple muffins on the side.

Breakfast was not good, so I went to Top Dog Donut half a block away for one morning, another disappointment. If I would come back, I would try to find out if there are good breakfast options in the area before booking again - because I like my breakfast.

Staff was friendly and helpful, were able to step out of their regular routine to accomodate me even better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for having chosen us for your first visit to Seattle! We're delighted that our staff made a good impression on your stay and that we were helpful to you. However, we're disappointed that our Cafe did not meet your expectations. We offer a variety of popular items and hope that our guests are able to find their favorite. If business should bring you back to Seattle, please allow us to share some our personal favorites for breakfast in the area. We'd love to try and win you back with our own Cafe, though.... :)

In the meantime, all the very best and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Let me start off by saying that I would without hesitation stay at Hotel FIVE again, and I would recommend friends and family to stay here as well.

If you are at all familiar with Seattle, than this hotel is a piece of cake to get to. Even if you are unfamiliar with the area it is still relatively easy to find. It is right next door to Seattle's Cinerama and half a block up from Top Pot Donuts, a trendy donut and coffee stop that has made appearances on TV's Food Network. Location wise you will not find a better hotel at this price, or even above in my opinion. My friend and I were able to walk easily to the Showbox at the Market, meander around Pike Place and take a tour of the Seattle Art Museum (SAM).

Of all the hotels in the area this is the best find. They offer complimentary Wi-Fi access and bikes that you are able to use if you really want the hipster Seattle experience. The only fee was for parking which was at an extremely reasonable price, better than many of the lots in the area.

As for the room its-self, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room my friend and I stayed in was extremely clean. I know for myself and possibly for many of you the cleanliness of hotel rooms is a huge hot button. I have stayed in some skeevy rooms in the past and in Hotel FIVE I wasn't even grossed out by the bedspread. Everything smelled fresh and clean. I slept very soundly. At night Fifth Ave is nearly deserted and is quiet. We were probably the loudest people staying on the fourth floor with our late night pizza delivery at 2 am. If anyone was staying there and heard us, I apologize.

To accommodate you paranoid folks, I am a real person. I was not paid or compensated in any way whatever to write this review. My friend and I stayed one night at this hotel on a short jaunt to Seattle to see one of our favorite bands, and we enjoyed our stay and had a great time. Now for those of you who like fresh air, the windows in the rooms do not open, so don't get your hopes up. However, as far as I know nearly none of the hotels in the area have windows that open, so get over it.

Now stop looking at hotels in downtown Seattle and just stay at Hotel FIVE!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Fifth Ave are quiet but don't have much of a view, as its facing up a hill.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NathalieC950

Dear NathalieC950!

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to give the detailed review of your stay with us! We are absolutely delighted to have made such a strong impression on you and your friend! Please come back to us soon! We're proud of our hotel and our staff and your comments really makes our day! Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my stay at Hotel Five. It’s in a great location because it was less than a ten minute leisurely walk away from the Westlake station so it’s great for travelers like myself that rely on public transportation. It’s also a wonderful bonus that it’s literally next door to Top Pot Doughnuts. Getting to Pike Place Market and all the shopping around Westlake center is also really easy from the hotel. I have to suggest eating at some of the nearby Tom Douglas restaurants like The Palace Kitchen and Dahlia Lounge.

Upon arrival to Hotel Five, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had a spacious room with two queen beds and it had a really neat view of the Space Needle. It looked really modern and chic throughout the room and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated that the bathroom had those Tommy Bahama dispensers with soap, shampoos, conditioner and lotions so I didn’t have to use my own. On my first evening in the city, I tripped on a sidewalk crack and grazed my knee. I was very thankful that when I got to the front desk they had band-aids and ointment packets. I also love that they had mini cupcakes and coffee near the front desk, but I do wish they re-stocked the cupcakes more often.

The only suggestion I have for the hotel is to add another computer to their business center. I didn’t have to wait too long to use the computer there but I think it would’ve been great if they had another one too.

Overall, I think Hotel Five is a fantastic hotel and I would be more than happy to stay here again next time I visit Seattle.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room where you can see the Space Needle.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank starbright31
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the hotel and loved it!! I originally chose the hotel because I loved the modern, bright, funky decor!! It was nice to stay in a hotel that was a little different. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It's in a great location!! 10 minutes from Pike Pl. Market. People kept telling us it would take longer to walk but it was an easy walk. Didn't get to use the free bike rental (we were busy site seeing) which disappointed me as that was another reason I booked the hotel.

For people that love coffee and an afternoon snack, I loved how there is free Starbucks coffee and muffins in the lobby each afternoon. I was impressed that the business centre was free to use...even the printer which I did need to use at one stage. There is free wifi in all parts of the hotel and the cost of parking ($15 per day) is very reasonable.

I didn't notice a hairdryer in the room which I assumed all hotels would have. The ballroom products were great - not the usual tacky hotel supplies. This place is definitely a great deal, in a great location.

Room Tip: Don't bother worrying about the view. The monorail and space needle view rooms didn't seem any different to me. The Space Needle wasn't as amazing to look at from our room as I'd imagined and there is a lot of construction happening on that side of the hotel so be prepared to see some cranes...but there was no noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank banany36

Dear banany36,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review about your stay! We're glad you got so see and do so much while you were with us! We're sorry you didn't have a hairdryer in your room. All our rooms should have one, as we place them in a discreet (perhaps too much so) black bag.
We would love to welcome you back soon! We'll keep the coffee hot and the cupcakes fluffy!

In the meantime, all the very best!