“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Seattle”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this hotel using a Travelzoo special. Hotel Five is conveniently located between the downtown area and the "needle". You're able to walk to either location within a few minutes time. They are doing some sort of construction but I honestly didn't even notice it until my traveling companion pointed it out to me. The front desk staff were very friendly and I loved how they greeted me whenever I returned from an outing. It's so important to be acknowledged as a valued guest.

The room was spacious and clean (stayed in 409). My room faced the monorail/tram but it wasn't that loud (to me) and I believe it must stop running after a certain time at night. The street traffic outside my window was minimal (I arrived on a Sunday and only stayed for one night).

There's a cute coffee shop/cafe catty corner to the hotel and I ate breakfast there (will write a review about that later).

So...recommended hotel? Absolutely!

I forgot to mention....I always fall in love when they allow me to check in early and Hotel Five was SO accommodating. I checked in SUPER early after arriving via train from the right coast.

The room is modern and clean - the shower was awesome...nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Seattle. I'm not sure why this location/hotel isn't number 1 on the tripadvisor list...it should be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BlasianGrl
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you BlasianGrl for such a great review!!

I couldn't be more please to see that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. We always try to let our guest check in early if we have the availability and our Monorail view rooms are my personal favorite.
Next time you're in the PNW be sure to give us a call!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Five a couple of nights and absolutely loved it. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and, as I think others have mentioned, checked in shortly after I got to my room to make sure everything was ok. I loved how brightly decorated it was! Definitely my kind of place.

I was able to walk EVERYWHERE! I spent a great deal of my time solo so that was important. It was walking distance to the center of downtown, the rail to the airport, Pike Place Market, the Space Needle - everything you'd want to see in that part of Seattle. It's also just about a block from a tasty donut shop. You can't beat that! There was also an Avis location a couple of blocks away so when I decided I needed a car for a day it was nice to have that nearby.

The room was the perfect size for one or two people, I didn't feel crowded at all. I liked having a shower over a tub. I was worried about the lighting in the bathroom based on another review but I didn't have any issue with the lighting. Though I'm pretty low maintenance I may not be the best judge. The bed was comfy and there were enough pillows that you could easily find one to suit you.

Whenever I return to Seattle I will very likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Amy P

SLPTravelinGirl,

It sounds like you had a fantastic time in Seattle and I'm glad that Hotel Five could be a part of that. Thank you for choosing us as your central hub while you were here and please know that we would love to help with any future travel plans to Seattle, just call us at 866-866-7977.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of April and really liked this place! It's Ikea Chic--colorful modern decor that you know is not high-end, but it's nice. Every staff member we dealt with was very friendly and seemed genuinely invested in ensuring you had a good stay. Our room was very clean. It was maybe a tad small, but not a problem for us. The bedroom area actually kind of felt like a guest room in a friend's house, I liked that. They have wall dispensers in the bathroom for the shampoo, etc. It was Tommy Bahama Coral Crush and while the soaps didn't lather super well, it all smelled soooo good. We wished we could take some home with us! Oh and there are complimentary bottles of water and coffee and tea KCups in your room every day. That's rare. They also have a small fleet of bikes that I think you can borrow for free. We did hear a woman throw up next door like the second we stepped foot in the room the first night (thin walls--yowzers), but I don't recall hearing anything else the rest of the trip. The bed wasn't the most comfortable ever but it was good enough. The location was fine for us, I think it was central-ish. There's a cool, yummy donut shop on the next block and a few restaurants within easy walking distance, including an upscale one (I forget who the chef is, but he's a big name). Oh and parking is only $15 a night, but WOW was the parking garage TINY. Getting our midsize rental parked was no fun (you park it yourself). We would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank amc1217

Hi AMC1217,

Thank you for the very nice review and thank you for mentioning our complimentary bicycle program, we love having that new amenity for all of our guests!
We would love to welcome you back next time you come to Seattle, just give us a call at 866-866-7977.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights. It's teeny tiny, but we didn't care! It's so chic and aside from the thin walls and tight space, everything was superb. I can't give it more stars after staying in fine hotels throughout our travels through the years in places like the Ritz. However, we had no complaints. I would recommend it. We just needed a place to sleep. Bedding is great, staff was excellent, great local. We walked to everything. Try the sushi place, so divine!

Room Tip: Try to get top floor!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melissa S

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the nice review. So glad to hear that you enjoyed everything and found our location convenient for you.
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Seattle!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I just got done reading a ton of reviews for this place. It is obvious that the remodel was a challenge and they have gone through some staff challenges, but my experience here has been wonderful. We were only here one night before leaving on a cruise. When I booked, it was looking for a place that was central to Pikes Place and the Space Needle. If you don't mind walking just a bit, 10 mins to the needle and 10 mins or so to Pikes, the location is great. I also wanted to be able to take the light rail from the airport. The rail ends at Westlake station about 5 easy blocks from the hotel. The fare is 2.75!!

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly man who held our bags while our room was being prepared. He gave up wonderful directions and great lunch options. He was very genuine and service oriented. I will say that if you are expecting the Hyatt or Westin, then you should move on. But, having stayed in places such as that and got snooty service from the $8.00/hr desk clerk, this was a breath of fresh air. Why is it when you go these big chains, they act like it is a privilege they are letting you stay there?

The hotel has a very hip and modern feel to it. The theme they chose is very thoughtful and carried well throughout. I like the clean lines of the bedroom furniture and at least you can see that the laminate floors are clean. Having seem filthy gross stained carpets in other places, again a welcome relief.

The service in the restaurant was really quick and friendly and our meals were really good and inexpensive.

We will stay again in the future.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C

Thanks Michael,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was a short one. I'm happy that our front desk agents were able to help guide you to some of our favorite places while you were here.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

My only complaint about the hotel is that it has very thin walls. That said.. it was in a great location, close to everything, the service was wonderful and the rooms were very nice sized and clean. It was just a bit noisy.. We would probably stay here again though.

1  Thank C B
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

CB,

Thanks for your review! We're glad you found our hotel a great fit for you and hopefully we'll welcome you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was my first time in Seattle and was great. Walking distance to downtown and the space needle. Lovely donut shop just down street and excellent breakfast muffin served across the street. Is a restaurant in the hotel but never ate there. Room was big and spotless and very comfortable although our room had the wardrobe in the bathroom which I am not too sure off for an open wardrobe but it never caused a problem. Having an umbrella to borrow in the wardrobe was a nice touch for Seattle as well. There are bikes to borrow although we didn't have time to use them. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside of the building and it was quiet although the street it is on is not v...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Hi Bluelinerhocky,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm happy we could help make your first trip to Seattle a great one! Hopefully on your next trip you'll have a little time to use our complimentary bicycles.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to Seattle!