Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
  • Restaurant
The Loyal Inn(Seattle)
  • Pool
1,577 results
All reviewscupcakesmax's cafepineapplespace needlegreat locationtommy bahamawithin walking distancefree bikesfunky decorpike place markethardwood floorscute hotelbottled waterevery afternoonfun hoteleuropean stylewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Hotel Five was the best hotel on our Summer 2013 Pacific NW tour. It is in a fantastic Belltown location, five-ten minutes walk from the Space Needle/Chihuly Gardens/EMP, 10-15 minutes walk to Pike Place Market, 20 minutes to South Lake Union (seaplane tours, restaurants).

The rooms were fantastic and didn't seem small at all to me -- we were in 209, looking even with the monorail, and the room was a good size. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Decor was fun and funky, free mini pineapple cupcakes and coffee in the afternoon were a treat. We didn't hear any noise from other rooms.

The hotel was very accommodating - I liked that they sent a "welcome" email before arrival suggesting things to do in Seattle. The staff was friendly - Andrew was very helpful and suggested good routes and places to visit. We didn't use the free bicycles, but noticed other guests did. The parking is conveniently attached to the hotel and $15 per day.

I wasn't crazy about the hotel restaurant, which serves breakfast and lunch, but that's partially my fault for ordering a fruit plate and not a traditional breakfast. Looked like the eggs most people had were good, but my melons were not very ripe (I hoped for some Washington peaches or cherries and should have asked). I highly recommend Local 360 for a fantastic brunch or lunch (walking distance).

I think we paid around $160 per night for the room, which was a steal compared to other places we considered in Seattle. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

heathery,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that Andrew was so helpful and gave you great information during your stay. Glad you found our hotel to be such a steal, be sure to check out our website before your next trip for the best deals offered at Hotel FIVE! See you next time!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Hotel 5 has location and cheap overnight parking going for it; otherwise, I get the feeling that you could get more bang for your buck elsewhere.

Look, this is basically a Ramada Inn with some bright colors and funky graphics all over the walls. That doesn't change the small, cramped rooms; it doesn't make the air conditioner quieter; and it doesn't make the walls any more soundproof.

My room was long, narrow and had no view. The room was so narrow, that they could not mount the TV on the wall in front of the beds, because there was only 18" of walk space in front of the beds. Strange.

In all reality, too, the location was convenient, but the distance between Pike Place and the Space Needle is only about 1 mile. If you're anywhere near Pike Place, you can easily walk the downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CCSconsin

ccs47,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a detailed review. I apologize that you found your stay less than satisfactory, and that you would not recommend this hotel based on your preferences. We take all feedback as a growing platform to better service our guests. If there is anything additional I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me at (206)770-7146.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

When we walked into the lobby - the Hotel 5 already began to live up to our expectations. When we walked into the room, our daughter declared "it's just like our house" which is awesome. The rooms are a little cozy - but we had plenty of room for our family of 3. We had a room on the top floor and two queens. The bathroom was roomy with a tub that we didn't expect- a welcome surprise. Great in room coffee,complimentary bottled water. Great staff & yummy cupcakes in the lobby!
The hotel was ideally located for touristy fun - exactly what we were looking for. Can't wait for a return visit to Hotel 5 or any of the other Pineapple Hospitality properties.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Autumn W

Autumn W,

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was perfect for your family’s mini-vacation! We are glad you got a chance to enjoy some of our hotel's amenities such as the yummy cupcake reception, and coffee set up in your room. Hotel FIVE and Pineapple Hospitality can't wait to Welcome you back and have you as a guest again! See you next time!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for a night recently and was really impressed with the design of the hotel, the comfort of the room & the amenities. The location is perfect - away from the noise of the city, but close enough to everything you need. 15 minutes walk to the Space Needle/Pike Market, 5 minutes walk to the shopping hub. There are a few good eateries right around the hotel too and drink machines on each floor inside the hotel. Free water & coffee, business center & also bikes to borrow - though be up early if you want to take advantage of this. I asked for a quiet room and barely heard a noise from the 2nd floor room, though I assume if you ask for a Monorail view room you will have a lot of noise and not the nicest view. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Griffin83

Griffin83,

I happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are also thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to the Pacific Northwest! Be sure to check out our hotel's website for the best deals when booking your next stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The location...AWESOME: about halfway between Westlake Center (light rail & monorail) and the Space Needle/Pacific Science Center/Chihuly Garden & Glass, so easy to walk everywhere. It wasn't too far to take light rail in from Sea-Tac and walk to the hotel with a rollerbag & a backpack apiece (even with a 10-year old). Super yummy donut shop just down the street & some great restaurants on 4th. If you want to rent a car for a day or 2, Budget is 2 blocks straight up Blanchard on 7th & hotel parking is cheap.

The amenities: can schedule the hotel shuttle to reduce walking even further; daily pineapple cupcake happy hour (great for recharging after several hours out on the street); free bikes, helmets, & locks available.

The room: comfortable bed & sheets, super-hip decor, good quality soap & shampoo, nice fixtures & water pressure, soft towels, attentive housekeeping (I'm a tea drinker & they totally hooked me up on English Breakfast K-cups from day one). The room was small, but I didn't come to Seattle to hang out in the room.

The onsite restaurant: reasonable prices for Seattle and generous portions. Takeout was good, too - high quality jams, etc. Accommodating and prompt service when we were in a hurry.

I've stayed at 4 high-end hotels in Seattle including what I will refer to as the "MountFair" and enjoyed Hotel Five so much more than any of them.

And a shout-out to Riley at the desk for dealing with my last-minute shuttle requests so patiently!

Room Tip: People come in rather late so if you're a light sleeper you'll be happier at the end of a hall away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lisaamoran

Hi lisaamoran,

WOW! It looks like you had a wonderful time with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. It warms my heart that you found us more enjoyable than the other hotel's you may have experience in the Seattle area. The super yummy donut shop Top Pot Donut is one of our favorites as well, we are glad you got to experience that local treat! Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE in the near future!