Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
US$287
US$273
  • Fitness centre
1,596 results
All reviewscupcakesmax's cafepineapplespace needlegreat locationtommy bahamawithin walking distancefree bikesfunky decorpike place markethardwood floorscute hotelbottled waterevery afternoonfun hoteleuropean stylewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a business/personal trip. The check in/check out process was easy and the staff were very friendly. Rooms were modern and clean - they give you an umbrella to use while you stay & use of free bikes. The location is great - it's quiet and clean and within walking distance to almost anything you want to get to (waterfront, space needle, pikes place, downtown shopping). Also, Top Pot Donuts is literally next door - can't beat that!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Mindy M,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your impressions of your time in Seattle. We're delighted that you had a great time and agree that having Top Pot literally next door is quite a treat!

We hope to welcome you back again!

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I decided to do our Pacific Northwest vacation without a car, so I needed a last-minute hotel somewhere close to all the Seattle tourist sites for just one night - the only thing we would be doing is sleeping there. Ended up getting a sweet deal on Priceline for Hotel Five, and I wish I could have spent more time enjoying the room.

The front desk folks were very courteous and friendly. We arrived very late and had not eaten and he suggested a restaurant that was still open and was within walking distance. They were very cool about us bringing our rental bikes inside.

The location is excellent. Almost everything on your list of places to see in Seattle is within walking distance, and the LINK light rail station is just a short walk away if you are coming in from the airport. If you want to see anything further out, the hotel has complimentary bicycles free to use. (I didn't actually ride one, but I did bicycle from the hotel up to Ballard and back on another rental bike.)

I really dig the artsy-modern Ikea look, so I really enjoyed the room. I especially liked the hardwood floor look, plus, I feel like it is much cleaner than having carpeting. There was no bath tub, but a very nice modern shower. Everything was super-duper clean and our room was very quiet. In fact, we liked it so much, we called to see what it would cost to another night, and that was when I realized what a SWEET deal I had gotten on priceline. :)

Not sure if I would stay here at the normal rate that they were quoting, but that's just me as a traveler. A hotel room for me is just where I spend my time sleeping while on vacation, so really, CLEAN is my only criteria. I would stay here again at the rate I got on pricelne (under $150) if I needed to be in this area of the city. It's seriously a great location and a very nice hotel.

1  Thank thePeste

Thank you for your review of your stay with us!
We are delighted that our hotel was convenient for your needs.
We hope to welcome you back and promise to continue offering comparable room rates!
In the meantime, thank you for having chosen us and taking the time to give us your feedback.

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise. Friendly, welcoming staff and loved the rooms. Liked the decor and was well appointed and clean. Good position for shopping area and a short walk to Pike Place nad for sightseeing in Seattle.They were kind enough to allow us to store our luggage for the day on our return from our cruise before an evening flight. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hi Paulww99,

Thanks for the great review! I'm pleased to see you really enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights during our first trip to Seattle, and I have to say I am quite pleased that we did.

It's boutique-ish: with sleek, modern furniture and bold color choices and urban decor. The rooms are equipped with hardwood floors, a Keurig with complimentary coffee as well as water bottles, and my favorite: the Tommy Bahamas soap/shampoo/bodywash/lotion dispensers in the bathroom - so cute and convenient, plus exotic coral smells so refreshing.

In addition, the lobby offers complimentary Starbucks coffee, along with free mini pineapple cupcakes (though these seemed to get gobbled up quickly I noticed). They were a nice little snack to grab on the way out before exploring the city. The hotel also offers complimentary bike rentals, but we preferred to walk.

Which brings me to my next pro: everything was walking distance from this hotel - the Space Needle/Chihuly Garden and Glass, Pike Market Place and The Great Wheel. It was definitely cool to have such a convenient, central location. We even walked here from the airport via the train link. Whenever we got lost, we'd just follow the monorail track to help guide us back.

One con I must emphasize is the thinness of the walls. You can hear everything - doors opening and slamming, the housekeeping, your neighbor's television. If you have wailing babies or plans to get intimate with your significant other, forget it. Everyone will hear you. Also side note: the elevators always smelled different each time we used them.

Overall though, we had enjoyed our stay. Nice little contemporary hotel that's affordable and walking distance to everything.

1  Thank journeybeautiful
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hi MissKatherina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed some of the amenities we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is in a very good location and easy walking distance to both the main shopping area, Pike Place market and the Space Needle.

The check in staff were ok, checked us in and let us be on our way. No recommendations for anything were made or suggestions of where was good to eat. Nor was a map of the area provided.

The room was clean and modern. It seemed newly renovated, but things looked as it they were done on a bit of a cheap, wobbly fixtures and overly minimalistic.

As per other reviews, the wifi is absolutely rubbish. We found that you got one bar of signal if you sat right by the door and none if you moved further into the room.

There are quite a lot of other hotels to choose from in Seattle and I would probably choose to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Londoner_8

Hi Londoner_8,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean and in a good location for exploring the city. I apologize that our wireless network fell short for you; we are in constant communication with our IT department and service providers to try and provide the best service to our guest.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Seattle.