“Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Humble, Texas
“Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We just got back from a quick weekend trip to Seattle for a family member's wedding. Hotel Five was one of the recommended hotels. We did a bit of research here on TripAdvisor and decided to stay at Hotel Five. We are a married couple that prefers the smaller hotels compared to the larger hotels and hotel chains. We were not disappointed with our choice. The price is great! The location couldn't be better. Rooms are modern with all the amenities you need. The staff is friendly. We don't stay much in our rooms when we travel and all we need is a comfortable clean room at a reasonable price that is close to all the things we want to do. If you are looking for a cool hip hotel at a reasonable price, look no further. You will be pleasantly surprised with your stay at Hotel Five.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hello IslandLovers1004,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hotel Five. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and our city on your quick trip.
We hope to see you again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

First off, I want to talk about the hotel that my boyfriend and I stayed at during our 8 days, 7 nights getaway. We were stuck between two hotels: Hotel Five and Red Lion. The reason why we chose Hotel Five over Red Lion was the location that it was at.

We had planned out all of the tourist locations we wanted to visit including malls, Space Needle, Woodland Park Zoo, and Pike Place Market. With that said, we decided to stay at Hotel Five, which was probably one of the best decisions we had ever made.

The moment we landed, we realized that we would be late in checking into our hotel. Check-in starts at 4pm, which is later than what I am used to given that most places allow you to check-in by 12 noon. Given that it was nearly midnight by the time we got there, we were greeted by staff members at the reception desk (they have a 24-hour service, so you can never be too late in checking in - sweet!).

I had already pre-paid for the hotel through Virgin America (trying to rack up some Elevate Points for mileage) and was worried about the secret charges that some hotels unfortunately do. As though the staff member knew what I was thinking, he kindly passed me two hotel key cards and told Richard and myself that the coffee, tea, and water were complimentary. My ears must have heard wrong because in any other place that I have ever stayed at, using the coffee machine or drinking water from the water bottles in your room would be considered a bar charge to your hotel room. FREE was what I heard, and FREE was literally what it meant. FREE.

The bed was comfortable, there was ample lighting, you had a choice between a sun screen or to completely block out peeping bystanders at the window, there is a complimentary umbrella in your closet in case it ever rains, the stand up shower was spacious and the bathroom was a perfect size. Also, free wifi. Let me say that again: Free WORKING and FAST wifi. Everything was perfect about the hotel and the next few things made it even better:

1.) Free rental bikes. Yes, I said it. Free rental bikes. They were charming yellow-painted beach cruisers that you can take throughout the city of Seattle, where there are actually bike lanes.
2.) Free pineapple cupcakes and Starbucks coffee every day at 3pm. "Yes, you can take as many as you want. We have more in the back," they said. What did I do? I took four and I did not even feel judged.
3.) Free shuttles to the Woodland Zoo, Space Needle, and Pike Place Market. In fact, the shuttle can take you to other places too. My boyfriend and I did not take the shuttle because we really wanted to see if we could walk everywhere (to which we mostly did). But the fact that there is a shuttle to take you places is amazing enough.
4.) Upon checking out of our hotel, we did not have any secret fees to pay. It took me less than 3 minutes to check out and I could not have been happier.

Will we stay at this hotel the next time we visit Seattle? You bet we will. At $900 (includes tax) for 8 nights, 7 nights it was basically a steal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle H
Hi Michelle H.,

I couldn't be more pleased that you and Richard enjoyed your experience at Hotel Five so much! Thank you for highlighting all of your favorite amenities and for the fabulous pictures! Give us a call next time your headed to Seattle, we'd love to help with your reservations. 1.866.866.7977

New Jersey
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Loved the hotel! The rooms were very unique, although a little tight on space. We did not have a lot of luggage or bags so it was not an issue.

Check in went smoothly all of the staff were very helpful, professional and cheerful. Our room was immaculately clean and the shower was amazing. Great water pressure!!

The hotel was hip and fun and would definitely stay there again! Parking was only $15 which is half the price i have paid at other downtown hotels! The lot is pretty tiny so I'm sure it fills up quick so get there early! Also i had a hard time pulling my SUV out of my space but I also may not be the best driver!

would highly reccommend!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hi Lilemoevie,

It's great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I'm glad everything worked out so well for you and we hope to see you again soon!

Salinas, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Very awesome place. One of the highlights of my trip was bike riding through the city. If you want to rent out bikes be sure to get them early! Friendly staff. Very clean rooms. Hardwood floors are nice and clean. Perfect location. Our room was stylish and lobby was posh. Parking cheap compared to other places. Wifi was good. Amenities were awesome. Stay here!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Jflo8,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed everything and that we could be a highlight of your trip. Great pic of the bicycles, we'll forgive the SF 49ers flag :)

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Clovis, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded for free probably due to it being mid week and being completely empty. Loved our room and bed was very comfy. Considering the location, we barely heard any traffic which was nice. Would certainly go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hi Kristin,

Glad you enjoyed the comp up-grade!! Hope to welcome you back to Seattle soon.

Mountain View, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. Great location as we walked from Seattle Center (Space Needle), to Belltown for dinner, to Pike's Place and the Olympic Sculpture park. We (two gals) felt very safe walking in the area. The hotel staff answered all our questions and provided dining suggestions. We enjoyed an easy and delicious breakfast at Max's Cafe two mornings.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room and stayed in a room facing the parking lot and it was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Karene L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it's great to see that you both enjoyed your experience with us.
We hope to see you again in the future!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights during our tour of Canada/America and it was one of my favourite hotels of the trip. Really nice decor and attention to detail. Cupcakes in the lobby, bikes to borrow, umbrellas in your room should you need it and a good coffee machine in the room.

Could not recommend highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Catherine2311
Catherine2311,

It's great to see that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Five and that we could be one of the highlights of your tour. Thanks for the great review and we hope to see you again!