“2nd time staying here”

Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Baldwin, Wisconsin
“2nd time staying here”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here in Oct 2012 and again just now in late april/early may 2014. The rooms are fairly modern, but very clean and comfy beds with lots of pillow choices. We were put in a room next to our friends, very close to an ice machine and with a fridge- all which I called ahead to request & they took care of without issue. Heads up- i think the ice machines are only on every other floor (it is just a freezer with bags of ice, not an actual ice machine, but it works just fine). Since Oct 2012 when I first stayed they added a complimentary shuttle service which runs about 8-530 daily. You do have to let them know you want to use it but it was never an issue as it only seems to service one other hotel downtown. It goes to specific spots like Pike Place (which we used it for many times), Seattle Center and Westlake Center. Our driver Sat 5/3/14 was so great! He took us and all our luggage to Westlake so we could save some $ and take the Link Light Rail back to the airport, he dropped us off right at the elevator and gave very specific directions as to what we needed to do from there, it was GREAT! This added service will keep me staying at Hotel 5 every time now (I previously tried a hotel about 2 blocks closer to Pike Place which i liked the location of better - mainly b/c of the walk but with this shuttle bringing us right to all the hot spots it was GREAT and this is a lower priced hotel so I can spend my money on seeing and doing things in the city rather then on a room I only use to sleep in. The staff at the front desk was GREAT and a young man there was excellent at recommending a bar one evening (2 Bells) as well as a great place for breakfast IN Pike Place the next morning (Lowells). They also offer free mini pineapple cupcakes every every afternoon/evening in the lobby which is a nice little treat after a LONG day of walking before venturing out again for the evening. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a fun place in downtown seattle!

Room Tip: Ask to be near an ice machine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shanna b
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello shanna b,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are glad that you were able to use our shuttle to get to all the spots in the city that you wanted to enjoy. We hope to see you back at Hotel FIVE in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Truckee, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel in a great location. The staff was friendly and the bikes to borrow were super convenient. My gripe with this hotel might seem petty but here it is. I was traveling alone and had a room with a single (very comfortable) queen bed. The only mirror in the room was the mirror over the sink (being short, I could only view myself from about the shoulders up). The wall next to the bed was completely void of any decorations so it would seem logical to have a mirror on that wall. What hotel has no full length mirror? I inquired with the front desk about the possibility of getting a mirror in my room, and, at first, this seemed to be a reasonably easy request. However, it was not to be. No mirrors were "available". It would have been a very easy "customer service" move to go to home depot or other like store and pick up a full length mirror for temporary use.
And, with Seattle, as a coffee loving town, the hotel should consider providing complementary coffee in the lobby...just sayin'

1 Thank truckeedenise
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello truckeedenise,

Thank you for your review of Hotel 5. I understand your concern in regards to not having access to a full length mirror for your room. I will defiantly take this into consideration and will work on finding a good solution. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and our team members treated you well. I appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back in the near future.

Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after looking at the Trip Advisor reviews. Easy walks to everything downtown. The Hot Pot donut shop on the next block was great, Whole Foods and Walgreens are close by for groceries -- not that we needed them, happy hour deals were great and close by. The food trucks by the Toyota dealer two blocks over are a must try.
Room was incredibly clean, bed was comfy.
Will definitely stay again and recommend highly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank leftblanknow
Hello leftblanknow,

Thank you for a great review of Hotel 5. I am glad you were able to enjoy the doughnut shop, which is a favorite of the staff here, and some of the other great dining options in the area. Next time you visit us please take some time to talk to our new Pineapple People to get some more good spots for food and entertainment ideas in the area. We hope to see you back in the near future and thank you for choosing Hotel 5.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great location, great staff, super comfortable bed in a very nice room.
Definately look into borrowing one of the hotel's free bikes to explore the area.
This hotel is near everything you want to be near.
Even with the monorail right outside my window, the room was very quiet - and I never heard traffic or the monorail (my room was on the 5th floor, facing the street).
The free bottles of water in the room are a nice touch, also.
Towels are much softer and fluffier than most hotel towels.
Two things to watch out for: when you flush the toilet, it is so efficient and fast - and loud - that you may be surprised the first time you flush it. The other thing: the lighting in the bathroom is very dim... even the lighting around the mirror is dim. I can shave in the dark if I have to, but I think anyone trying to put on makeup in such dim lighting may have a problem... a flashlight might be useful!
If you're used to having a small nightlight in the bathroom (so you don't go crashing into walls trying to find the bathroom in the middle of the night), this room doesn't have one. Your best bet is to either turn on one of the (dim) lights in the bathroom (which will probably be too bright to be a nightlight) and close the bathroom door most of the way, or bring your own nightlight. Or... just use that flashlight you may need for applying makeup!
Overall: a great hotel, great staff, great location. I definately look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hi tvphotog1,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Five. We are currently re-evaluating some of our light fixtures and energy efficient bulbs to create a brighter finish that is still an energy saver.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I found Hotel Five through Trip Advisor. I can tell you I wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and the need was comfy there was even a Kurieg machine in the room for that morning cup of coffe . The delicious pineapple cupcakes served in the afternoons were such a treat. They have a little restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch we went there twice and everything we had was delicious. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The neighborhood was nice it is within walking distance to everything and if you don't feel like walking you can borrow one of their many bikes they have available. I am definitely going to be staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia G
Hi Alicia G,

Thanks for the great review of Hotel Five! We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in Seattle and check out Hotel Rose in Portland for another piece of Pineapple Hospitality.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location in relation to tourism in Seattle. We were a few blocks from the Space Needle and a few blocks from Pikes Market, and a few blocks from Lake Union. Have I mentioned the great location yet? The rooms have been recently updated and a quality job was done. The bathroom was spacious as well as the room for my wife and I. There was plenty of parking at a cost of $15/day, but where in Seattle won't you pay for parking? There was plenty of options for public transportation, being the monorail from Westlake Center to Space Needle cruises by right out front on 5th. We borrowed the bicycles the hotel offers and went sightseeing around downtown, that's definitely a perk not many hotel offer, but we had a blast. Overall, we'd stay here again based on quality of room, price paid, an most important the location. One last thing, don't forget about the little pineapple cupcakes served in the lobby every afternoon, a must have!

Room Tip: Pick a room with an even number, that'll put you facing the parking lot and not the streets out...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mlewis311
Hi Mlewis311,

Location, Location, Location! :) We're glad it made for an easy home base while in Seattle, no matter what your method of transportation might be. We'll be sure to hold some of our signature pineapple cupcakes for you next time you're headed this way!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Clean, fluffy towels; comfy, fresh bed linens; restful nights' sleep; pineapple muffins and fresh, hot coffee; shuttle service; cheerful, professional, attentive staff = HOTEL FIVE.
I highly recommend this downtown Seattle hotel that's right on top of bus routes, minutes away from fabulous coffee places and amazing restaurants. Going to Seattle? Stay at Hotel 5, you'll be glad you did.

2 Thank Denise P
Denise P,

Thank you for such a great review! We're so pleased to have exceeded your expectations and we thank you for choosing Pineapple Hospitality and Hotel Five!

We look forward to welcoming you back again.