“Simply Great”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have only good things to say about this place. It is new, reasonably priced, clean, and the staff is great. Did I also mention that they offer free cupcakes every day in the afternoon at the lobby? I guess the only "negative" thing was that the flushing mechanism in our toilet was extremely powerful and loud. We're talking loud enough to wake up someone. At least you didn't have to worry about it getting clogged. Jokes aside, I highly recommend this place. It's within walking distance to downtown, the Space Needle, the waterfront and the market. Will happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello WideBodyroga,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Five from June 5-10th. We arrived to the hotel early on June 5th and was very pleased that they had a room already available for us to check into.

I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. The room was always clean, and towels replenished.
I thought there could be better ventilation in the bathrooms, and I didn't care for the closet space to be a part of the bathroom as well, but either way the room was fine.

The hotel provides a shuttle service that did not start until about 8 -8:30 am and ran till 5:30 pm. We had inquired about the hotel for a 7 pm drop off for Victoria Clipper sight seeing cruise, and they did not run for that time. We also was hoping for a pick up later around 7pm or so after the cruise, but they only ran until 5:30pm. I would have loved to have been picked up considering how tired I was feeling after our journey and did not wish to pay for a taxi. We ended up walking back, and with those hills can be a challenge.

My only suggestion is to run the shuttle service a little earlier or offer early drop off for sight seeing cruises where you have to be there early to check in and run at least until 8 pm.

Overall we had a nice stay and I appreciate the enthusiasm and cheerfulness of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Alyssia S,

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel FIVE. We appreciate your input regarding our shuttle service and we will review our shuttle service hours. We appreciate our guest input and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don't typically write reviews, but my experience deserved one. I stayed recently for three nights for business. The hotel is in a great location and reasonably priced. Here's the downsides - my room didn't have a remote for the TV, when requested, I had to call an hour later to say that I cared more about getting some sleep than the remote. The next day, when I requested a remote, they gave me one from a drawer and said, "well, we have lots of different remotes so hopefully this one works." It didn't, but that really didn't matter because my room had no electricity when I arrived back to it. The front desk sent someone immediately to check on it, and called down to someone to say "it's the same problem" and asked did I want to switch rooms. Uh, really you have to ask? So they gave me a new room. This one had electricity and a remote, but no trash bin in the bathroom. The wifi also didn't work all the time. All this to say that it wasn't awful - I'm not so pretentious to think you NEED a remote or electricity or full service, but they certainly need to get their act together. There was no call from the manager, no ask about my stay when I checked out, none of the standard stuff you get from any hotel establishment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello JTravelerD,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize that your experience was less thank expected. We use reviews like yours to make sure that we correct any issues that arise so we can make our hotel better. Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel Five in Seattle offers more than the usual free amenities at a reasonable price.Free amenities include;internet service, bicycle and a shuttle to manny of the nearby attractions.The only drawback was the dim lighting in both the room and bathroom. Staff are very friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Despite the monorail running parallel to the hotel in the 5th Ave. it is very quiet and do not affec...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 966Nomad
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello 966Nomad,

Thank you so much for you review of Hotel FIVE. We are aware of the lighting in the bathrooms and are currently working on a solution. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our complementary amenities and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a boutique hotel, more funky than fancy. My wife and I stayed there our first night in Seattle and returned (unplanned) for our final night. If you are looking for serious pampering, luxurious accommodations, and lots of amenities, this is not your hotel. However, if you're looking for good value, a clean room, and an overall fun/artsy vibe, give this hotel a good look. It's close to downtown and, if you don't mind a healthy walk, within walking distance of most of the major attractions. It's a bit of a hike but we walked to Safeco field from the hotel as well. I found the staff to be welcoming and eager to assist. There is a monorail that runs down 5th Ave but I did not find this to be a disturbance. Within a couple blocks are some fine restaurants and a very good doughnut shop. All in all, a good value and we would return to Hotel 5.

Room Tip: If you're worried about the monorail, ask for a room at the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello Yatter,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights . Its located in the downtown area very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.The rooms are small but clean and the staff is very friendly. The hotel offers complimentary bikes with helmets to get around the downtown area. All the places we wanted to explore was easy to walk to from this location including restaurants and shopping. We could see the monorail outside our window which was great. The green trees and sense of calm made this an enjoyable vacation. My only complaint is the small cafe in the hotel closes at 1pm so you have to go out for dinner but there are many places close by.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello mizgbh,

What a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to get out and enjoy what Seattle has to offer. We are currently exploring ways to improve Max's Cafe to accommodate our guest better. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend and I came for a concert last Friday and from the moment we got there the staff was so very friendly! Everytime we came down they asked how things were going and were very friendly. We loved the room it was very modern. Nice fluffy towels. Great water pressure. Everything during our stay was wonderful. They even offer a shuttle that goes to many places. We got up and went to Cafe Max the next morning. Another great experience. The food was great and the staff was so friendly! My friend and I will for sure be back to stay at Hotel Five. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Antoinette K,

Thank you so much for your great review of Hotel FIVE. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoyed our amenities as well as their stay. We hope to see you back in the near future.