“Great Location and Hotel”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle
“Great Location and Hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days while in town for a wedding and the hotel was great. The location was near all the key Seattle icons and provided a great home base while out exploring. The hotel staff was great and the hotel was clean and quiet. After staying in many other Seattle hotels this was a great value for the room, location and service received. I would recommend it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FLARoadWarrior
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
FLARoadWarrior,

We appreciate your wonderful review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our property and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in May 2013
Funky updated hotel with good hospitality. The updated style hotel reminded me very much of the vibe chain in Australia just “funkier”. Free pineapple cupcakes and Pike Place roast in the afternoons had me sold on check in!
2 queen beds and a relatively large bathroom with shower/tub combo. Monorail runs out front but almost easier to walk as the hotel is right in the middle of the two stops. Easy walk through downtown to Pike Place or the other direction to Space Needle.
Great in house café with Max’s next to the lobby. Had breakfast both mornings there, and wasn’t a wallet breaker! Top Pot Doughnuts just down street
Easy check in and check out. Friendly Staff

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello Drewsnaps,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad you took advantage of our complimentary coffee and cupcakes. It sounds like you were able to get out and enjoy Seattle. We appreciate your review and hope to see you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was a guest at this hotel as a leisure traveler while my boyfriend attended some business meetings. I wasn't aware of where we were staying until we literally pulled up to the door.
Our checkin at the hotel was fantastic (they are going through some construction but had adequate signage to point us in the right direction) Despite our very late arrival, the gentleman who checked us in was very attentive and welcoming. He gave me some great advice on things to do since it was my first stay in Seattle and got us into our room quickly.
Walking into our room was glorious! It was a large suite with a beautiful sitting room and very comfortable bed (it didn't have a refrigerator which surprised me but wasn't a deal breaker since we planned on eating out). The room did have a few housekeeping issues that seemed pretty obvious to me which I communicated to the front desk upon leaving the hotel. Each and every housekeeping employee that I came in to contact with was extremely friendly! It was great to see them all smiling as they went through their day.

The next morning, I left my room for a day of exploring and encountered some pretty lackluster customer service from pretty much every employee I encountered (with the exception of housekeeping as well as one bellstaff(?) employee in a yellow shirt the day I checked out. He greeted me without me having to say hello first and seemed genuinely interested in my questions and gave great recommendations) Every front desk agent I encountered made me feel a little bit awkward about asking questions or even saying hello. I strolled my way through the lobby the morning after checkin and said hello to the front desk agents and each and every one of them actually paused and looked at me like I lost my mind. Only one of them returned my hello and it seemed like a forced attempt at being professional.
One employee in particular did not impress me at all, every time I would walk through the lobby she would stare at her computer and barely glance at me, let alone acknowledge me. The only time I actually saw her interacting with someone who was not actively checking in was when she was speaking with her coworkers. At no point during my stay did an employee behind the front desk make eye contact with me, say hello/how was your day without me having to say it first or even crack a smile. Not to be brought down by negativity I did make it a point to interact with a young man in a yellow shirt who tried his best to help me find a few touristy things I was looking for.

Once I left the hotel to explore Seattle my mood lifted. I actually encountered the nicest person working at the hotel....it happened to be one of the construction people!! He said good morning and asked how my day was going which of course prompted a lengthy conversation about Seattle and what to do! Anyway... the hotel is very close to the science museum, great restaurants and just a quick jaunt to Pike's Place.
There is an Indian restaurant called Kastoori I stumbled into on the way to Pikes which was an amazing find!!! Even the locals my boyfriend works with didn't know of it and were blown away!

All in all my experience at this hotel left me with mixed feelings....hence the title of this review. The accommodations were beautiful but the customer service was beyond disappointing. I am currently a front office manager at a resort with 10 years of hotel management under my belt (6 years of that managing front office) and would not in any way, shape or form take pride in a staff that performed consistently the way I witnessed. It is one thing to hire employees who can do the job but another entirely to hire people who take pride in a job they do well and portray that in the service that they give. It costs nothing to acknowledge your guests and show that you appreciate their business. It costs nothing to look up from your pile of paperwork and ask someone how their day is going. Very disappointing.

I strongly recommend from a professional standpoint that the hotel management take a good look at the service their employees are providing. I truly hope others did not experience what I did and it was a one time fluke during my 2 day stay. It was this customer service I encountered that was the deciding factor in my not returning to this hotel as well as the rating (which was teetering between 2 stars and 3 stars) I cannot say that I would recommend this hotel outright to anyone who asked but I would not deter them from staying either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello duggiesmom2014,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. Here are Hotel FIVE we take our guest service very seriously and I appreciate your critique of or Staff. We do our best to make sure our guest have a good stay and feel welcome at our property. It is reviews like yours that help us grow as a team and also make our hotel the best that it can be. We appreciate your review and we hope you will come back soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was amazing! The staff was very friendly, location was awesome, and the rooms were very modern yet comfortable. Everything from the space needle to the market is within walking distance. There is also an amazing donut place right next door as well. We were so happy with our choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello JandCB2013,

Thank you for your kind review of Hotel FIVE. We are always pleased to hear when a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have only good things to say about this place. It is new, reasonably priced, clean, and the staff is great. Did I also mention that they offer free cupcakes every day in the afternoon at the lobby? I guess the only "negative" thing was that the flushing mechanism in our toilet was extremely powerful and loud. We're talking loud enough to wake up someone. At least you didn't have to worry about it getting clogged. Jokes aside, I highly recommend this place. It's within walking distance to downtown, the Space Needle, the waterfront and the market. Will happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello WideBodyroga,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Five from June 5-10th. We arrived to the hotel early on June 5th and was very pleased that they had a room already available for us to check into.

I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. The room was always clean, and towels replenished.
I thought there could be better ventilation in the bathrooms, and I didn't care for the closet space to be a part of the bathroom as well, but either way the room was fine.

The hotel provides a shuttle service that did not start until about 8 -8:30 am and ran till 5:30 pm. We had inquired about the hotel for a 7 pm drop off for Victoria Clipper sight seeing cruise, and they did not run for that time. We also was hoping for a pick up later around 7pm or so after the cruise, but they only ran until 5:30pm. I would have loved to have been picked up considering how tired I was feeling after our journey and did not wish to pay for a taxi. We ended up walking back, and with those hills can be a challenge.

My only suggestion is to run the shuttle service a little earlier or offer early drop off for sight seeing cruises where you have to be there early to check in and run at least until 8 pm.

Overall we had a nice stay and I appreciate the enthusiasm and cheerfulness of the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Alyssia S,

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel FIVE. We appreciate your input regarding our shuttle service and we will review our shuttle service hours. We appreciate our guest input and we hope to see you again in the future.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I don't typically write reviews, but my experience deserved one. I stayed recently for three nights for business. The hotel is in a great location and reasonably priced. Here's the downsides - my room didn't have a remote for the TV, when requested, I had to call an hour later to say that I cared more about getting some sleep than the remote. The next day, when I requested a remote, they gave me one from a drawer and said, "well, we have lots of different remotes so hopefully this one works." It didn't, but that really didn't matter because my room had no electricity when I arrived back to it. The front desk sent someone immediately to check on it, and called down to someone to say "it's the same problem" and asked did I want to switch rooms. Uh, really you have to ask? So they gave me a new room. This one had electricity and a remote, but no trash bin in the bathroom. The wifi also didn't work all the time. All this to say that it wasn't awful - I'm not so pretentious to think you NEED a remote or electricity or full service, but they certainly need to get their act together. There was no call from the manager, no ask about my stay when I checked out, none of the standard stuff you get from any hotel establishment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello JTravelerD,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize that your experience was less thank expected. We use reviews like yours to make sure that we correct any issues that arise so we can make our hotel better. Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE and we hope to see you again in the near future.