“We LOVED our stay!”

Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Denver, Colorado
“We LOVED our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was perfect. The staff was very helpful, friendly and polite. When arriving back from our daily jaunts, they always asked how our day was. They also gave us suggestions regarding local eats. The room was perfect but could use a refrigerator and microwave. They have microwave popcorn in the snack machine, but no microwave. The hotel was walking distance to everything. We loved this hotel. THANK YOU hotel 5 staff for everything!

• Stayed June 2014
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello Janice j,

Thank so much for you review of Hotel FIVE. We love to hear that guest are enjoying all the great stuff Seattle has to offer. Our staff pride themselves on knowing all the hotspots in Seattle. We appreciate your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, walking distance from the Westlake station (end of the Link Train line from SeaTac) and an interesting neighborhood around it that seems to be in transition from a bit dodgy to trendy. The 1962 World Fair monorail runs right by -- I looked directly out at it from my 4th floor window -- but it's very quiet, definitely less noisy than the street traffic below. A cool view for transportation nerds. There are a few restaurants and cafes in the area, and a small deli/grocery about a block away. The restaurant and room service in the hotel are not open for dinner or the evening, but you can walk out to a number of places locally.

Fast, efficient and friendly check-in by Brandy, I was on my way in about 1 minute with all the information that I needed.

Funky decorative touches in the public spaces as well as the rooms, and well-appointed rooms. I like the dispensers for soap/shampoo/lotion in the bathroom, since there is so much less waste than individual bars and containers that are discarded after one use. Keurig coffee maker with coffee and tea K-cups provided, plus coffee in the lobby if you want it. Free bottled water in the room. Instead of an ice machine in the hall, there was a small freezer with pre-packaged bags of ice. The air conditioner was noisy, I turned it off since the night was fairly cool and I didn't need it, but that means little air circulation. In general, I find the HVAC units in hotel rooms to be the biggest bother and noise-maker, and I often end up turning them off overnight.

My room was across from the soda machine and near the elevator, and I could hear both of them -- the doors are not very good at sound insulation. The windows are not great for noise insulation either, but the street was quite quiet at night.

I was only here for one night, but will definitely try it again when I visit Seattle. I see in other reviews that the back side of the hotel is quieter, I would request that as well as asking for a room away from the elevator and soda machine.

Stayed June 2014
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Sandy K,

Thank you for such a great review. We appreciate your feedback so we can make our hotel the best that it can be. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I arrived in Seattle for five days and did not discover this gem of a hotel till day two. Oh, but how fortunate I was because this is the most hip hotel I have ever stayed in. Service is exceptionally good with a highly professional Staff. Rooms are 'chique' and modern. Views are spectacular with the elevated railway zipping right by your window in absolute silence. Very stylish hotel. I am a connoisseur and highly recommend this one. I will definitely be staying at Hotel Five once again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the elevated railway.-
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello EdwardMuller2014,

What a great review! We are glad that you enjoyed our stay at Hotel FIVE and we hope that you will come back in the near future.

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days while in town for a wedding and the hotel was great. The location was near all the key Seattle icons and provided a great home base while out exploring. The hotel staff was great and the hotel was clean and quiet. After staying in many other Seattle hotels this was a great value for the room, location and service received. I would recommend it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FLARoadWarrior
FLARoadWarrior,

We appreciate your wonderful review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our property and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in May 2013
Funky updated hotel with good hospitality. The updated style hotel reminded me very much of the vibe chain in Australia just “funkier”. Free pineapple cupcakes and Pike Place roast in the afternoons had me sold on check in!
2 queen beds and a relatively large bathroom with shower/tub combo. Monorail runs out front but almost easier to walk as the hotel is right in the middle of the two stops. Easy walk through downtown to Pike Place or the other direction to Space Needle.
Great in house café with Max’s next to the lobby. Had breakfast both mornings there, and wasn’t a wallet breaker! Top Pot Doughnuts just down street
Easy check in and check out. Friendly Staff

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello Drewsnaps,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad you took advantage of our complimentary coffee and cupcakes. It sounds like you were able to get out and enjoy Seattle. We appreciate your review and hope to see you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was a guest at this hotel as a leisure traveler while my boyfriend attended some business meetings. I wasn't aware of where we were staying until we literally pulled up to the door.
Our checkin at the hotel was fantastic (they are going through some construction but had adequate signage to point us in the right direction) Despite our very late arrival, the gentleman who checked us in was very attentive and welcoming. He gave me some great advice on things to do since it was my first stay in Seattle and got us into our room quickly.
Walking into our room was glorious! It was a large suite with a beautiful sitting room and very comfortable bed (it didn't have a refrigerator which surprised me but wasn't a deal breaker since we planned on eating out). The room did have a few housekeeping issues that seemed pretty obvious to me which I communicated to the front desk upon leaving the hotel. Each and every housekeeping employee that I came in to contact with was extremely friendly! It was great to see them all smiling as they went through their day.

The next morning, I left my room for a day of exploring and encountered some pretty lackluster customer service from pretty much every employee I encountered (with the exception of housekeeping as well as one bellstaff(?) employee in a yellow shirt the day I checked out. He greeted me without me having to say hello first and seemed genuinely interested in my questions and gave great recommendations) Every front desk agent I encountered made me feel a little bit awkward about asking questions or even saying hello. I strolled my way through the lobby the morning after checkin and said hello to the front desk agents and each and every one of them actually paused and looked at me like I lost my mind. Only one of them returned my hello and it seemed like a forced attempt at being professional.
One employee in particular did not impress me at all, every time I would walk through the lobby she would stare at her computer and barely glance at me, let alone acknowledge me. The only time I actually saw her interacting with someone who was not actively checking in was when she was speaking with her coworkers. At no point during my stay did an employee behind the front desk make eye contact with me, say hello/how was your day without me having to say it first or even crack a smile. Not to be brought down by negativity I did make it a point to interact with a young man in a yellow shirt who tried his best to help me find a few touristy things I was looking for.

Once I left the hotel to explore Seattle my mood lifted. I actually encountered the nicest person working at the hotel....it happened to be one of the construction people!! He said good morning and asked how my day was going which of course prompted a lengthy conversation about Seattle and what to do! Anyway... the hotel is very close to the science museum, great restaurants and just a quick jaunt to Pike's Place.
There is an Indian restaurant called Kastoori I stumbled into on the way to Pikes which was an amazing find!!! Even the locals my boyfriend works with didn't know of it and were blown away!

All in all my experience at this hotel left me with mixed feelings....hence the title of this review. The accommodations were beautiful but the customer service was beyond disappointing. I am currently a front office manager at a resort with 10 years of hotel management under my belt (6 years of that managing front office) and would not in any way, shape or form take pride in a staff that performed consistently the way I witnessed. It is one thing to hire employees who can do the job but another entirely to hire people who take pride in a job they do well and portray that in the service that they give. It costs nothing to acknowledge your guests and show that you appreciate their business. It costs nothing to look up from your pile of paperwork and ask someone how their day is going. Very disappointing.

I strongly recommend from a professional standpoint that the hotel management take a good look at the service their employees are providing. I truly hope others did not experience what I did and it was a one time fluke during my 2 day stay. It was this customer service I encountered that was the deciding factor in my not returning to this hotel as well as the rating (which was teetering between 2 stars and 3 stars) I cannot say that I would recommend this hotel outright to anyone who asked but I would not deter them from staying either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello duggiesmom2014,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. Here are Hotel FIVE we take our guest service very seriously and I appreciate your critique of or Staff. We do our best to make sure our guest have a good stay and feel welcome at our property. It is reviews like yours that help us grow as a team and also make our hotel the best that it can be. We appreciate your review and we hope you will come back soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel was amazing! The staff was very friendly, location was awesome, and the rooms were very modern yet comfortable. Everything from the space needle to the market is within walking distance. There is also an amazing donut place right next door as well. We were so happy with our choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello JandCB2013,

Thank you for your kind review of Hotel FIVE. We are always pleased to hear when a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.