“Awesome Awesome Awesome!”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed three nights at Hotel Five and each one was a treat. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice, and the location is pretty great, although a little bit away from the main downtown attractions (about 10 minute walk to Pike's Market which wasn't bad for us). I can't say I have any complaints about my stay here. I'll probably stay again when I come back to Seattle one day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

SpookyFries,

Thank you so much for your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment I stepped into this fantastically unique hotel and spotted the pineapple yellow beach cruiser bikes (which you can borrow for free as a guest btw!), I knew I was going to enjoy my super fast stay of just one night. I like unique, and this hotel is just that.

I was traveling for work with my boss. The front desk was very accommodating when I requested to be put at the opposite end of the hall as my boss. I spend enough time on work trips with them, I need my time away! The front desk also pointed out it was cupcake happy hour to which I quickly smiled...because you can't not smile holding a cupcake. Two delicious mini pineapple/coconut cupcakes that did not last long as you can tell by my pic. They also have fresh pineapple infused water available all day (yum!). Off I go up the elevator to enjoy my cupcakes and scout out my room.

I was on the 3rd floor facing the street. Very bright and modern room. I was delighted to have been informed that the bottles of water and Keurig coffee in the room were complimentary. No hidden charges to worry about at checkout! Since it was a quick one night business trip, I chose not to bring my own shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion figuring I could make do with whatever was in the room. I was so happy to find Tommy Bahama dispensers for all of that in the bathroom. The shower is roomy with good water pressure (the water pressure is always important to me as I have really thick long hair). The bed that night was very comfortable. Even though the room was facing the busy street, I barely heard any sound. I was up early and decided to hit the gym downstairs. It's small but clean and had what I needed to get in a workout: treadmill, elliptical, bike, bench & free weights. On my way out, I stopped at the front desk to ask for another bottle of water and was happy to be handed a nice cold one.

The hotel is located a short walking (or bike ride!) distance from Pike Place Market. There are plenty of places to eat, drink, shop & sight-see close by. I can't wait to go back to Hotel Five for a long weekend for fun.

(One of my best friends is planning on staying there over Labor Day Weekend after my recommendation. She loves the idea of exploring the city on the bikes with her 5 daughters...talk about a great photo opp!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello mozerdoodle,

WOW! Thank you for such a great review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you can come back soon so you can take advantage of those yellow beach cruisers. We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Loved staying at the motel. Great customer service and an easy walk to all the great Seattle attractions. We stayed on the 4th floor facing the monorail and never really noticed any noise from the monorail. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the complimentary cupcakes and coffee daily was great, and the cafe located in the hotel had great food! The fitness room is very nice too (although I would add a couple of mats to the fitness room) and had nice equipment!! Great experience!! We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Amber R,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. It is always nice to hear when a guest is able to enjoy all of the amenities that we have to offer. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I only have good things to say about this hotel:

Excellent customer service
Urban suite is enormous
Impressive bathroom
Free bikes
Free shuttle to certain destinations
Free ice, water and coffee
Decent gym
Central location
Free wifi

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello EKGK,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at Hotel FIVE and we hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

On our first trip to Seattle area we chose Hotel 5 as our anchor place. Jasmine and ALL of the staff were incredible. They made sure our needs were met and accommodated us in every way. The room was nice and clean and the bed was really comfortable.

Would we stay here again? Definitely !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

natlchamps91,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. We are always happy to hear when a guest enjoys their stay and also enjoys our team members service. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

the building looks bit odd, the yellow t-shirted staff behave a bit odd, the diner looks a bit basic, but don't judge a book by its cover. I'm sure there are nicer hotels in Seattle, but the Five was surprisingly good. The diner served a delicious basic breakfast, at an amazing price. The bright yellow umbrella in m y room was a hie touch. And I slept like a log.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello skimeld,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a surprise! After spending quite a bit of time looking for an affordable downtown Seattle hotel and only finding rooms in the $300 - $350 range I chose to take a gamble with this Hotel which had rooms for $200 a night. I was a little skeptical due to the difference in price but boy was I mistaken. First, the parking is easy, although small. (Parking is a reasonable rate of $15 a day -- I am use to $35 - $40 in Chicago). Then, you are greeted by a small, intimate lobby. There is also a nice, small café off the lobby with affordable prices. Although the clerk was new, she was friendly and helpful, offering us a room prior to the checkin time.

When we opened the door to our room, what a surprise to see they had up graded us to a King Suite! The room had a large sitting area and large bedroom (although there was not a door between the two rooms). The bathroom was a nice size with a large shower that had three shower heads. We especially liked the blue tooth capable mirror and listen to our iphone while showering. (I did think it was unusual that there was not a separate room for the commode.) I am not sure I would want to pay $375 for the suite, but it certainly was nice. (I agree with an earlier comment that the room was a showplace for Ikea).

Then the best treat of all was the big yellow cruising bikes they had available. My wife and I enjoyed riding around Seattle on these fun bikes. We looked a little silly but had a blast. In Seattle you are allowed to ride on the sidewalks. We were able to go all over town and were able to ride on bike paths along the waterway and along a nice park. (It helps that we were there in perfect weather -- which I guess is highly unusual).

The location of the hotel is very good. It is located on 5th Ave. next to the monorail -- which we did not have a problem with whatsoever. City Center (Space Needle and museum area) is only 4 -5 blocks from the hotel. It is a nice walk to City Center through a nice part of town. We then took the monorail to the shopping area and walked down hill to Pike's Market. The walk from Pike's Market back to the hotel was more difficult since it was uphill. The hotel said they could provide shuttle service to these three locations but we preferred the bikes and to walk.

We highly recommend the glass blowing museum next to the Space Needle (Chuhuly Musuem I think).

In all, we had a great stay.

Room Tip: See if they can upgrade your room to King Suite. They have continuance fan switch on the air condit...