“Great, Unique Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Austin, Texas
“Great, Unique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I only stayed one night at Hotel Five, but found the overall experience worthwhile. I knew I'd be tired by day's end and specifically asked for a high floor room in a quiet part of the hotel which I was glad they were able to accommodate. For lighter sleepers, some may still find some noise issues with being close to street level, doors that slam loudly and somewhat thin walls, but I didn't find any of it particularly troublesome. What's really great is that this hotel provides free wifi, and it isn't even of bad quality. Lots of hotels seem to be hit or miss when it comes to providing this small convenience, but this hotel covers it great. The room itself was spacious with a comfortable, clean bed, and the bathroom was also well-equipped with a fantastic rainhead shower. They could use a little bit more counter space and overall space for storage though. Even as a solo traveler with one check-in sized luggage, I found some difficulty finding a place for some of my things, particularly toiletries. Overall though, Hotel Five is a great, unique property that shouldn't be overlooked if you're looking for an affordable, quality stay.

Room Tip: The hotel itself isn't much of a high-rise, so you can expect some street noise. If you're e...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
2 Thank Brad C
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello Brad C,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. It is always great to hear when a guest enjoyed their stay here. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
Gibsons, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately the rooms fell short of my expectations however the staff and location made up for it. This hotel has a funky feel and goes out of it's way to make you feel welcome. My biggest complaint about the room was the noisy air conditioner which kept us awake for two nights and when we tried turning it off, the room became very warm. As mentioned, the location could not be better, a 10-15 min. walk to all the highlights. Do yourself a favour and eat at the Palace a few doors down, the best burger and Appies of the whole trip. Overall I would return only if I had a reasonable rate, $555.00 for two nights was a lot for the quality of room.

Room Tip: Even though we were overlooking the monorail we could hardly hear it go by.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello stokolas,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations but we are glad that you still enjoyed your stay in Seattle. We do our best to go above and beyond for our guest to assist them any way we can. We appreciate your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Hotel was ok, but not as superb as described. Just a standard hotel. Hospitality? Yes, the "Concierge" in the yellow T-Shirt was friendly and gave us some good hints, but not at all the staff at the front desk. The lady was unfriendly and harsh already when we checked in. Unfortunately I forgot my rain coat in our room the day we left to travel further. When I went back a few hours later to fetch it I was told to come back the next (!!!) day, because only the Management had the key to the store for forgotten objects and would not be back at the hotel until the next day. I was insisting and got my coat back, but in such a rude manner, I would never return to this hotel.
Caroline

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello Caroline O,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. It is unfortunate that your stay was not as expected but we do appreciate your feedback so we can address any issues and make our hotel better. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to email me directly at llee@hotelfiveseattle.com.

Kind Regards,
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

First off, I'm not young (54). Not hip (rarely wear black. or is it orange now?). Don't usually go out of my way for "boutiquey". Nevertheless, my , wife, 16 yr. old daughter and I enjoyed this hotel immensely. I read with interest the recent negative posting, and our experience couldn't have been more different. I found the hotel staff to be extremely helpful. The front desk folks were not the best people to ask for detailed suggestions- that's why they have these guys dressed in yellow who spent lots of time with us to make sure we found what we needed. They were friendly, patient and informed- and led us to some very good choices.
The hotel itself was very upbeat. A good vibe throughout. We liked the decor, the beds were extremely comfortable and the location was perfect. Much better than many of the same old, same old hotels.
Check out their website to see if the feel of the place fits your interest.
But I wouldn't hesitate to book if it does- even if you are an old fart like me.

Room Tip: we stayed in a one room suite with a separate living room with fold out couch. Perfect for our 16 y...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chickyskids
Lucas L, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello chickyskids,

We appreciate your wonderful review of Hotel FIVE. We do our best to go above and beyond to ensure our guest are comfortable and informed about the city. We are glad you had a good stay and we hope you were able to enjoy everything that Seattle has to offer. Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Chatsworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me & my son recently stayed at the Hotel 5 before our cruise to Alaska. We flew in a day early so we could checkout Seattle. Our flight got in early, we were met by our driver that Hotel 5 had arranged for us. We were met with warm welcoming smile and was able to check in our room at 10:00 AM. The room was very nice and clean, the bed were comfortable! The front desk staff were always ready to help you with any questions and I forget the guys name that help us ( he worked in the lobby) with recommendations but he was the best!! It is in a good location right in the middle of downtown with easy walking to Pike's Market or the Space Needle. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone and if we're ever back in Seattle again we will definitely stay with Hotel 5 again! Oh and can't forget the pineapple cupcakes served in the lobby daily :)

Room Tip: safe location & in the middle to be able to walk to everything
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
gagenie2014,

What a great review. It is always good to hear when one of our guest had a good stay at Hotel FIVE. We do our best to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you like small hotels with a unique or hip vibe this place is the perfect choice. In a sea of traditional hotels Hotel Five is Easy, comfortable, convenient, small, clean, unique, not "fancy", not "trendy," updated, good for young people, not hipster just hip, safe location and affordable.

Room Tip: It's in the city and most rooms face the street so.....welcome to the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Shelly_6012,

We appreciate your review of Hotel FIVE. We take pride in being a little different than most hotels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked Hotel Five through Hotwire on either end of my trip to the San Juan Islands. The first two days I got a corner room on the fifth floor and then a corner room on the second floor. Both rooms were small, but the amenities were nice: bottled water, coffee, free internet, hair dryer, and vending machine on each floor. The decorations were funky cool. I found the people at the front desk welcoming and helpful. They called a cab for me and a town car to the airport when I needed it. I especially liked the pineapple infused water and the daily mini cupcakes in the lobby. The free bike check out was a nice touch. I wouldn’t say it was located in the center of the city, but you could walk to the waterfront in 10-15 minutes. I actually took the light rail from the airport to the Westlake stop and walked the 3 blocks to the hotel lugging my 45 lbs. luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello leo28,

Thank you for your review of Hotel FIVE. It is always great to hear when guest enjoy their stay with us as well as some of the great perks our hotel offers. We hope you enjoyed the San Juan Islands and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.