“Adequate, Wouldn't be my First Choice in Seattle”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I had a group of 18 high school students on a school trip. I usually like staying at properties close to the Seattle Center, which the Four Points is. My normal hotel that I like staying at was sold out due to a conference.

I found the rooms to be comfortable, but small. They were recently renovated. Beds were comfortable. You are only three blocks to the Seattle Center, one block from a grocery store (QFC) and a few blocks away from the center of Queen Anne's numerous restaurants. I found the front desk staff to be really friendly, helpful and accommodating.

While I was more concerned about my group making noise, my group complained about the noise. There was a concert going on in the area and the hotel was fully booked with people wanting to party. When the concert finished and bars closed, the hotel was very loud with noise carrying into the rooms, doors slamming, etc.

Rooms were on the small side. I would have like to have a refrigerator in the room and had to rent one instead. Upon checkout, I found they waived the charged, a nice touch. Bathroom was nice, but just had a shower.

I had problems with my bathroom. My toilet leaked, but was promptly fixed. There was a one inch gap between shower door and the shower. Every time I showered, I had water all over the floor.

Housekeeping was not consistent. Used towels, coffee cups, creamer and coffee were not replaced. This happened on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor at one of the far ends of the hall. Otherwise, you will likely hear...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Room 406 of average size and noisy as looking onto the main road and just above the lobby area (open mezzanine at the side of the room looking down to the lobby). Breakfast took a while to be served by some loud staff. Not the standard expected from a Sheraton hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I was here a month ago for a business meeting for 3 nights. Somehow my points dint transfer to my account and their was no record of it; Really! The hotel is nice looking and food was okay not great. And parking should be free. Paying $15 bucks a night is redundant. There is no curtsey whats so ever...... Not coming here anymore or any four Points.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Companymeer
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome, so we regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we want to make this right. Please reach out to me so I can make sure you receive your Starpoints® and so we can discuss your review further. John, GM Four Points by Sheraton Seattle, john.mark@fourpointsseattle.com

Reviewed 4 June 2013

If you're looking for a good value place to stay in downtown Seattle, this would be a great choice. Got the 2 bedroom suite at a great price. Rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. There is a fee for parking in their garage, but you can easily park on the street for free.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Thank John Christophe... B
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and location in Downtown Seattle. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the city!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The locaton is great, right near Seattle Center and the opera house, and there is an excellent supermarket (QFC) and great restaurants within a block.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable, and the room was very nice and quiet, although the air conditioning was so noisy it woke me up every time it turned on.

Be warned: There is no complimentary breakfast. The buffet is $14.50 and is not very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MadrugadaMistral
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to Seattle Center. It has been upgraded since it change from Comfort Suites to Sheraton. The rooms seem crowded, but the beds are comfortable and it is quiet. Parking in the underground garafe is $15 a night. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, but rather chose to walk 3 blocks to QFC which is a full service grocery store which is open 24 hours.

While I appreciate the efforts to go green, there are a few kinks to work out. Instead of the wasteful trial sized bottles of shampoo and soap, there is a wall mounted dispenser. Unfortunately, the conditioner came out in pea sized drops which it made it difficult to use.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear our hotel met your expectations for your trip to Seattle. We will continue to improve our new Make a Green Choice program. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Take care!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful and accommodating for the duration of our trip. We arrived early and although there was not a room available for us, they still gave us access to the parkade and our room became available before the expected time. I really appreciated some of the "green" elements to the hotel. If you wanted your room cleaned they would do the full deal, or you could keep the same sheets and towels if you chose too. If you wanted to leave the room as is you could hang a thing on your doorknob notifying the house keeping staff and you received either 250 Starwood points or a $5 voucher to spend in their restaurant. The rooms were comfortable and the bed was great. Lots of pillows and great sheets.

The location was also great. It was a 5 minute walk from the Space Needle, Science Center, EMP Music Museum and the Tram. There is also a 24 hour grocery store 1 minute walk away.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends