“Great hotel in a great location for a great experience”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #51 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Toowoomba, Australia
“Great hotel in a great location for a great experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spent 3 nights here in mid August and from the time I walked through the doors at check in, the staff were sensational. Polite, friendly and attentive. The room (we had an executive double) was very well appointed, comfy beds and nice and quiet. Had breakfast and dinner on each of our 3 night stay and the food was sensational and very we'll priced. The location is 5 minutes from the space needle, giving you access to both the city trolley and monorail, making access to downtown so simple. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Can only talk about our room on the side of the building which was perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Garry D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,235 helpful votes
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was only here for one night for business. The check in took a bit longer than expected, although the check in staff were very pleasant.
I asked for a room away from the lift, which I got but it was miles away. It was however very quiet and I didn't hear anything during the night.
Bed were comfortable, bedroom was a decent size, bathroom was a little small, toiletries were not great.
It's an OK hotel for a quick business stay but I wouldn't stay here for a personal trip or a longer stay

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Orange County
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Lots of construction going on in this general area, so while it's a great hotel, keep the traffic and the hassles of construction in mind. Busy hotel but they did a good good keeping everything neat and clean. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank get5150
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay with us regardless of the construction near our hotel. While we cannot do anything about the construction, we have made extra strides to ensure each guest enjoys a care-free and relaxing stay. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Relative to the City Center (Space Needle, EMP and Science Center), it's great. Beware, there's a good deal of construction going on nearby. I didn't hear much of it in the room, but it was a challenge to get there. Nice room, smart idea to eliminate the bath tub in lieu of the shower. Nice TV in the room. It's a little small, but acceptable. Elevators are slow, and self-parking is $15/night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked the Four Points Sheraton as we had concert tickets at Key Arena 8/8/14, and the room we reserved most closely fit our needs based on hotel availability in the area. My husband and I were staying two nights with our 14 year old niece so we chose a suite with a separate bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the front room. This is the first time we've stayed at this hotel as we usually stay at the Best Western or the Warwick, but those hotels didn't have a room that had the same layout so we booked here.

The Plus Side:
* Comfy King bed
* Quiet that afforded great sleeping conditions
* Powerful shower head
* Friendly front staff
* Affordable (for Seattle) garage parking
* Walking distance (1/2 mile) to Key Arena and the monorail/Seattle Center
* Room layout great for our needs (we had bedroom; niece had living room; closed door between)
* Fridge, microwave, and small sink
* Two LCD TVs with decent cable
* Free Wi-Fi

That said, we won't stay here again. As a prelude to why, I would like to say that I work in customer service, even having worked in hotel housekeeping before, and always try to be forgiving and patient, often looking the other way. It's hard work, and I appreciate that. In other words, it takes a lot for me to leave a bad tip, so to speak.

As to why we'll stay elsewhere going forward...

The main issue is housekeeping. We got back from our Key Arena concert at 11:30 p.m. Friday night. About midnight, I pulled the bed out of the sofa so my niece could go to bed. It was obvious the bedding hadn't been changed from the previous guest (wrinkled sheets and the blanket was in a ball). As it was late, we were tired, and there weren't any screaming health issues that I could see, and my niece didn't notice (for pete's sake, don't tell my sister), I pretended it wasn't the case and quickly made the bed.

Then I went into our room and swiped one pillow out from under my husband's sleeping head as there was none available for the sleeper sofa. Now granted, at the front desk when I (finally) checked in, the woman said to just let them know if we needed any extra pillows and blankets, but I didn't think they meant for the sleeper sofa - I made an assumption that there would be such in a closet overhead as most hotels have. I was mistaken.

The next morning, after realizing that only three packets of decaffeinated coffee were available in the room (and I am much better prepared for the day with a bit of caffeine), I hastily dressed and walked from our room at the end of the hall to the front desk.

At that time, I requested the caffeinated coffee for today as well as making note that the sofa bed needed changing (and why); caffeinated coffee needed to be left for the next day; and we needed additional pillows and blankets (as my niece slept in her hoodie on the pre-used sheets the night before). I also requested an additional pad of hotel paper as the one left in the room only had two sheets of paper left on it which I'd already used.

The front desk staff member was friendly, accommodating, apologetic, and made a point that all would be handled. We agreed that when we left the room on Saturday it would work if I let them know at the front desk we were leaving so housekeeping could attend our room. In addition, two extra blankets and two pillows were delivered to our room within ten minutes.

After I got back to our room, I had my coffee, got formerly dressed, and killed a medium-sized spider while it traipsed across the bathroom floor.

When we did leave our room for the day on Saturday, housekeeping was right outside our door. We let her know it was okay to go in to clean and, after she entered the room and we were a couple yards down the hall, she hollered "Hey, hey, hey!" and came out to get our attention. I went back and she pointed to the items we left in the closet.

She understood, from what I could tell, no English whatsoever (and I've worked many years with English-as-second-language adults so am usually pretty darn good at making some communication work). After five or more minutes, I gave up and still have no idea what she wanted to tell us. My best guess is that she didn't know we were stay-over guests. After our interchange, she left the room and closed the door without cleaning it. I let the Front Desk know we were headed out for the day and about our confusing interchange with the housekeeper.

We arrived back at our room late Saturday. The sofa bed was changed and re-made. There was no pad of paper and no caffeinated coffee (although the note requesting such was gone as was the $5.00 tip). Another trip to the front desk for coffee. But the main issue - the sheets - were changed.

If it hadn't been for unchanged sheets and no caffeine, I wouldn't mention the items below....

I know and understand why early check in can't be guaranteed. No problem. My niece and I arrived early (ballpark 1:30) and checked in, parked the car, stored our luggage, and chilled in the lounge area on the comfy couches. I periodically (about every 30 minutes or so) and politely checked on room status. Again, friendly front staff.

They explained that there were only four rooms in the hotel in the layout we reserved, and only one was available, no. 138 (all other already occupied). They requested a "Rush" be put on it's cleaning priority.

Nevertheless, I'm guessing it's cleaning didn't start till ballpark 2 or 2:30. Now maybe it's just me, but if I was in charge of housekeeping, and I knew that one room (out of four already occupied) had an early-check in request, I would've had that one cleaned first (check out is noon). But again, I know that early-check in isn't guaranteed and understand why.

At 3:10 (check in is at 3:00), I went to the Front Desk to ask about room status (it was busy). I was told, during a friendly interchange, if I wanted, it was okay if I wanted to check on room 138 myself to see if it was ready. It was right down the hall.

I'm pretty plucky, but it seemed a bit of an odd suggestion that a guest should be doing this, especially after check in time. But I did. Again, the housekeeper (a different one) right outside no. 138 had no idea what I was asking and kept pointing at the room directional sign. I gave up and went back to the desk when I was then told it was ready.

Our luggage arrived within ten minutes of being in our room, with one item missing. It arrived another ten minutes later after asking for it. There were fingerprints and a rather long hair on the back of the bathroom door. Part of the wooden curtain overhang in the King bed room has separated from it's connection.

We've been fortunate this year to stay at several Seattle hotels (we live 30 miles north and have been in town for various events). Our experiences at The Moore, The Warwick, the Best Western on Taylor, and the Watertown in the U-District have all been just wonderful.

Truth is, we expected a lot more from a Sheraton room priced at close to $300/night (including parking). Next time my niece comes from Boston, I'll spring for adjoining rooms elsewhere.

I mean, for pete's sake, at least change the sheets.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KimBB418
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback and providing us with the opportunity to improve our hotel and services. We are truly sorry for your recent experience. We understand your frustrations and assure you that your comments regarding check-in, housekeeping and extra pillows have been addressed by our team so that they will not be repeated. Again, thank you for your review. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Take care.
ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice room with a view on 32 floor. This included Clubroom, pool. Nice view, nice lap pool. Could have been warmer. Do Not Use Shuttle Express to get anywhere. They stink. We arrived early, but they checked our luggage and called us within 45 minutes.

Room Tip: Go to upper floors. Swim late - not so many kiddos
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I only stayed at this Four points for one night, but I must say they are definitely my favorite hotels! The comfiest beds ever! I didn't have any complaints. It was very spacious, the bathroom was enormous!! The hall ways made me kind of iffy about my reservation, but the rooms surprised me! IT was very modern. It was not exactly "downtown," it was a few blocks away from the space needle, but if you're a walker like I am, I did not mind. Its just not exactly at the middle of every landmark. Other than that, it was quiet there away from city noise and very comfy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family