“Cozy”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Cross street: Blanchard
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Cellar's is in what looks like an old service garage with giant garage doors that can open in the summer to connect with the sidewalk seating. It is relatively small and cozy. The service was average, the food good, prices reasonable.

1  Thank Judy L

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stopped in while out for a walk (looking for ice cream!) Sat at the bar and got to know the bartender, Jose. He was quite a guy! Hardworking, flashy, charming bartender who could have his own TV show. He satisfied my ice cream craving then made us fabulous cocktails. The food going by looked great too!

1  Thank lambermom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Walking around Seattle, we chose Cellars on First Avenue for Happy Hour. We enjoyed the patio seating, where we could catch the sun and people watch. Great prices on drinks and appetizers. We ordered the calamari and the mussels. The waiter explained that the mussels would take awhile as they were being picked up at Pike's Market. Fresh and delicious, worth the wait.

1  Thank HomeSweetOmaha
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Thought we'd try this place based on happy hour/food reviews as it appeared upscale and quiet place, but it was not like represented. Very loud and crowded, looked like a pizza place with a few nice tables off on one side of one big room. Looked like fun for the college crowd, but not what we were looking for.

1  Thank Maile Q
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I now know why they had a special with a Groupon! I won't buy another one (Groupon) unless I am familiar with the restaurant. Cellars may be a good bar... but it is a REALLY Bad resturant. Again... a sign should have been the fact that there were only5 other diners.
We had just gone to the theater and thought this would be a great time to use the certificate. I should have known better but I ordered the claims.. they taste like they were in dirty water. Then te bread came. I went to dip a piece in the "Dirty claim juice" and I saw something crawling around. I went to show the waitress and she jumped when she saw it. (A normal reaction) She then told the manager on duty and he seemed to care less! He offered to pay for a round of drinks, and I hadn't even been drinking. He said it was probably a "fruit fly" from the fruit, bar, and hte club that they operate over the weekend.
I DONT CARE! A bug, is a bug. While the rest of the meal was bg free it was not very good at all.
I will never go back to this resturant and would NEVER recommend it either.