“Great zoo”

Ranked #22 of 461 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nationally award-winning Woodland Park Zoo is a 92-acre zoological garden dedicated to the conservation of wildlife. Featuring more than 1,000 animals representing nearly 300 species from around the world, a visit to Woodland Park Zoo will make your day and a difference.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 September 2007

This is a very nice zoo to go to. Make sure you allow 3-4 hours to see it. We had to skip a few small things since we had to be somewhere right after. This is definitely worth seeing if you are in the area.

2  Thank Jessi9260
Write a ReviewReviews (1,710)

Reviewed 18 July 2007

Plenty of parking since there are three entrances to the zoo.

What I liked was that we never really had to compete with anyone to watch the animals.

There are several vantage points at the various exhibits to see the animals.

The zoo takes about 2 hours to see everything and almost every animal you could think of was here.

My favorites were the gorilla, orangutan, and bald eagle exhibit.

4  Thank sctrojan1
Reviewed 4 April 2007

I have been to many zoos around the world and I must say that this is one of the better ones. The animals are not enclosed in cages like a lot of zoos, they are placed in a more natural habitat that mimicks the wild. They also have a very unique indoor night animal exhibit which is very cool. Athough they may not have as many animals as the San Diego Zoo, I prefer this one because of the way it is set up.

5  Thank zrc
Reviewed 15 February 2007

We spent a few hours at this zoo and it was the best one we've ever been to. We didn't get a chance to see all of the zoo and we definitely plan on returning next time we go to Seattle. The animals are beautiful, the setting is nice and spacious. We went during the winter so some exhibits are closed, but you also pay less to see the zoo during this time. My only advice is to pack a lunch - the onsite restuarant is overpriced ($7 for a kids meal).

8  Thank eolian
Reviewed 7 August 2005

My husband and I live in the Seattle area, but just recently went to the zoo when some visitors came to town. Searching to entertain 2 children ages 4 and 8, we went to the zoo and had a great time. Big hits included the butterfly garden, the aviary (although these exhibits have a separate admission price once you are in the zoo). The only thing we wish we had done differently was to bring a picnic lunch. We came in through the north gate, and shortly after entering, we saw a large grassy area where some people were having picnics.

10  Thank Kirkland_Traveller