“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 430 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pacific Science Center in Seattle is Washington's leading institution for fun and engaging learning for children, families and guests of all ages. Explore hundreds of interactive exhibits, wander among fluttering tropical butterflies, touch live marine animals, explore distant galaxies and immerse yourself in a giant-screen IMAX film. Get set for ran unforgettable day of fun and exploration! Every visit to Pacific Science Center is unique, engaging and fun for the whole family. In addition to our daily live science demonstrations, IMAX films, planetarium and laser shows, we feature traveling exhibits that vary throughout the year. Coming up we'll feature The Art of the Brick (May 28-September 11, 2016), The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes (October 15, 2016-January 8, 2017) and Terracotta Warriors: Guards for Eternity (spring 2017).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I had only been here previously for the Titanic and the King Tut special exhibitions. This time we went to see the other exhibits as we had complimentary tickets.

Pro: the butterflies are amazing... one even hitched a ride on my buddies hat!

Con: the exhibits are dated by comparison to other museum type things I have been to, hiwever if it sparks a young mind into science, all the better

• Korean first
Edmonds, Washington
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A trip with the Kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The kids had the day off from school so we decided to make a day of it at the Pacific Science Center. The added excitement was that the Spy Exhibit was showing, too.
Here, I have to note that my "kids" age from 16 to 22. This will make a BIG difference to anyone that is planning a trip. My kids and I LOVED the Spy Exhibit. And, since the younger ones had never been in the museum, they had a great time exploring.
One thing that anyone MUST know before going ~ if you are planning on viewing a special EXHIBIT ~ CALL FIRST, you have to have reservations!!! The ONLY reason I knew this is because I was online searching for Center Hours. The prices were also listed there and, to save money we actually ended up purchasing a family membership.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“You can't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A great place to visit. Specialy with children. A funny way to get close to science for all the family. If visiting Seattle, a must place!

Visited June 2013
Issaquah, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Just not quite there ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We decided to visit this museum as my daughter was DYING to see the spy exhibit. First, as far as the spy exhibit goes, WE (the adults) loved it, but I think it wasn't hands on enough for kids. Given that the museum is definitely geared to younger kids, I would've expected there to be some sort of fingerprinting or something to help engage the kids. The few things they did have were mobbed as there just weren't many things for kids to grab on to.

Now for the museum in general. To start, it's SUPER pricey. I was really shocked at the price (especially if you combine it with parking).

Now for the museum. The lay out is very funky. Clearly, it's an older museum trying to adapt to limited space, but we found it tough to navigate.

We did NOT do the planetarium nor the iMax, so those may take this place up a star or two, but, given what we did, we felt it was very lacking. They have all the typical exhibits you find at these sorts of places. The butterfly exhibit looks to be the EXACT one as in the NC Museum of Science (except that museum is free) .... they have a little tide pool, but it's small and most of the cool stuff is down in the "resting area" where the kids can't tough, there was a toddler area that looked cool, but our 10 year old was definitely to old for it.

The Dinosaurs were very cool ..... probably my personal favorite.

I suspect, if I brought younger kids and had not been at other museums of this ilk, I would've liked it more. But for this price point, I really did expect more.

Worth a visit, after you've done other things, but probably not worth a re-visit.

1 Thank meliachia
South Dakota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lots of interesting exhibits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a great place for kids to burn energy. It also provides a lot of interesting exhibits to keep older kids and parents interested. Highly recommended.