“Ali Baba's Cavern”

Ye Olde Curiosity Shop
Ranked #18 of 200 Shopping in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Not just tourist trinkets but, for starters, shrunken heads and pigs with three tails this curiosity shop is sure to whet your curiosity for the bizarre.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I actually went there cause it's a shop, so entrance is free ! And I was amazed !! More interesting than the Art museum if you ask me :)
it's really packed with ...curiosities ! A couple of mummies, various animals parts and stuffed animals that you've never seen before.
Then of course, you can buy stuff : and once again, there's so much to choose from !

Reviewed 8 January 2014

While spending time in Seattle we heard about this place that had a museum, traveling road show, curiosity shop tourist attraction type store. It was an amazing store or as I like to call it, a living working museum. It is really a curiosity in and of itself. The owners have amassed quite a collection over the span of years (100+) they have been in business. There is something to see in the rafters and about every nook and cranny in the 'shop'. They have authenticated male and female mummies that are named Sylvia and Sylvester. Sylvester is one of the most perfectly preserved mummies (with a bullet hole) on record. It has all of its internal organs. They have a working player piano and a Military band coin operated organ that can be found on YOUTUBE. There are items that most tourist shops don't have and reasonably priced. ...and they also sell a variety of hand made fudge. You can literally spend hours and not see everything. The employees are more that happy to show you around the place and are quite knowledgable. While in Seattle I found myself going back several times. There is no entry fee.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Curiosity Shop is a perfect name for this wierd shop along the Seattle waterfront. My friend and I went in to look around while walking the waterfront area. I liked the strange items in this shop/museum. My friend found some cool earrings and I bought a nice shoulder bag. The staff was friendly and they have lots of unusual soveniors.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Tons of cool and creepy goodies to look at. I have been here multiple times and love coming back as there is always something random I find that I didn't notice the time prior. A great place to take people visiting from out of town or the local Seattlite who never branches out.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Take the kids--there are many display cases like a museum so it's educational and you can get your souvenir shopping done all in one spot.