“Waste of Time”

Ye Olde Curiosity Shop
Ranked #19 of 177 Shopping in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Not just tourist trinkets but, for starters, shrunken heads and pigs with three tails this curiosity shop is sure to whet your curiosity for the bizarre.
Seattle, Washington
225 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Waste of Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

If you're passing by, stop in but it was a complete waste of time. There were a couple cool things on the walls and in cases but it was mostly comical junk for sale, not unique things to see like I had assumed. I thought it was a museum... Not the case.

1 Thank Layla W

Seattle, Washington
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Musty and crowded with items. Dont bother.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The place isnt worth the hype. Its just a big junk yard of oddities. Poorly displayed and the shelves were crowded. Wouldn't go back in. It was musty and smelled weird and the lady working there kept creeping over my shoulder as if i was going to steal something. Really? Oh well. The place was dusty and looks like no fresh air has came in, ever. Kinda gross if you ask me. Don't bother puzzling through the harbor looking for this shop.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Christine L
Calgary, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ye Olde Curiosity Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We took the ferry across from Seattle to Bremerton, and in Bremerton I picked up some pamphlets on Seattle and the area for the ride back. I saw this shop in one of those, and it sounded so intriguing, I had to check it out for myself. They had souvenirs of course, but they also had things on display like freaky animals in jars (a freak pig, a four-legged chicken), they had a 2-headed calf, some petrified humans (and a dog), some shrunken heads to name a few. I just thought I'd stop in and check it out quick before heading back to Canada, but we ended up staying in there for almost an hour.

If you're in the area, I definitely recommend checking this shop out! So cool!!

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
420 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“a very curious place for sure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We ducked in here mostly to get out of the rain shower and ended up staying to investigate all the curious displays and off-beat items for sale. A very interesting place and the staff were entertaining and helpful whether we were just looking or buying.

Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Interesting artifacts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited this place 15 years ago and again during this trip. Lots of artifacts and interesting stuff.

Visited March 2014