“Kayaking on Lake Union”

US$99.00*
Seattle Seaplane Flight from Lake Union
Ranked #53 of 461 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: This large, recreational lake is great for renting an electric boat, kayaking and admiring the Seattle skyline. The new South Lake Union Park is open and easily accessible from downtown by Streetcar.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Yesterday rent Kayak from Northwest Outdoor Center, and Kayaking on Lake Union, the views around the lake is really nice, the weather is great. Also there are many boat houses along the shore.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

One mile from Springhill Suites to lake, 6 miles around lake then one mile back - perfect for my 8 mile run, right? Well by the third day armed with a map and glasses, I managed it. But it is tricky to NOT end up running along the canal (I was smiling at the sun rising over the city and Needle before I realized...) then when you try to correct it and end up on Campus you can ask 4 people and nobody knows how to get back to Westlake or even Eastlake road. Finally tourists helped me once they were sure I was not begging for $. That Freemont bridge is the clue. My shins still ache from an unplanned 12 mile run.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very busy area but full of attractions. Went on a duck tour had a load of fun. The tour guide was very entertaining

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed near U District and spent an entire day in NE Seattle. We biked to Gasworks Park and enjoyed sitting on the hill overlooking Lake Union towards the skyline. Once we saw the kayakers we wanted to do that also. On the North side of Lake Union, the only kayak rental place we saw was a short bike ride away east of Gasworks Park. It was a Mexican Restaurant/Kayak rental place. It took us an hour of moderate to intense paddling to get to the middle of Lake Union next to Gasworks Park where we were originally and back. We passed under a bridge, got to see the bridge raise up for a boat, and saw all the boat houses along the shore. Too bad I did not do my research and figure out which houseboat is the one from Sleepless in Seattle.

Fun way to see other parts of the city.

3  Thank Dabanales
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Typical boat cruise, Informative, enjoyable, saw a few things you normally do not see while cruising on a lake, seaplanes landing and taking-off, large amount of houseboats + other items of interest