“Brilliant tapas menu for incredibly low costs!”
Review of Root Table

Root Table
Ranked #763 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The food here is fantastic! Great flavors and prepared very well. The atmosphere is pleasant, and-although an additional server would've been nice-the service was extremely pleasant.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Tucked away off of Market street in the Ballard neighborhood you will find the eclectic Root Table restaurant. Set back from the street the decor and mood is set by literal 'root tables' crafted out of rustic chairs and tables made of slabs of highly charactered wood. The Thai fusion menu has many unique items to tempt your taste buds. The corn fritters are crispy and light, served with a standard hot and tangy sauce. Entrees sampled by our family included Bollywood Yakisoba Curry, Burmese Curry Noodle, Cashew delight and Ménage-a-Thai curry sampler, each is nicely portioned. The Cashew Delight was ordered with tofu, and was refreshingly light and savory. The Yakisoba was spicy and one not to miss. The bar and non-alcoholic beverage menu offers many unique concoctions to quench your thirst. Two appetizers, four entrees, two drinks and two cocktails = $75 + tip.

1  Thank Mitch_K2012
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Every time we visit Seattle I must eat at Root Table. I've tried just about everything on their menu and it is all wonderful. My 2 favorite entrees are the Ménage-a-Thai and the Super Green Beans. But trust me the rest of their menu is just as delightful. Oh, I'd also recommend the Root Fries and the Chicken Satay for apps, soooo good.

That's about all there is to say, I can't wait to come back to Seattle and have Root Table again!

Reviewed 15 December 2012

This tiny restaurant offers beautifully plated food, with the small plate tapas being an excellent meal. Entrees are reasonably priced and also beautifully presented. I found some of the dishes too mild in flavor - grilled eggplant and baked mushrooms could have used more spices. Offering condiments at the table would solve this problem. There are only 10-12 tables, with several only seating 2, so it can feel a bit crowded; dont expect much privacy & you will be fine. The staff are accomodating, and lighting warm. I will be returning here often; this is also a great place for lunch.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had to change our reservation 3 times (size kept increasing and time kept changing), and the person who answered the phone was always so friendly and patient with my ever-changing reservations. When we go there on a rainy night, the staff smiled and welcomed us to a unique table looking like it was made from a tree trunk. The atmosphere was unique and fun--the tables on the side of the restaurant are intimate and cute for dates and the large table in the center can hold a group up to 10 (that was us!). We ordered pretty much every tapa on the menu and shared among the 10 of us, so that was great because we got a sense for the range of the menu. Lots of vegetarian, seafood, and meat dishes to please everyone---loved the flavors and tastes that blended many different types of asian cuisine...from thai, to chinese, to japanese, to indian, to malaysian--we could taste aspects of all. Even our friends who do not usually like asian flavors found great things to try. Definitely coming back!

Highlights to order:
Roti and Curry: Enough for 2-3 people to share as an appetizer---great curry and warm rotis to dip the sauce in...really comforting.

Corn Fritters: If you love corn, they have nice big chunks of corn and are friend. I thought they were a bit too greasy, so probably wouldn't order them again because there were so many better options--but good if you need something vegetarian and filling.

Papaya Prawn Salad: So fresh, crisp, and refreshing--great to order as a complement to the spicier foods--definitely cools you down!

Root Fries---much better than regular fries---so flavorful and unique and different--you're out--eat something different than the norm! :)

Sweet Pumpkin Tempura: it's fall..and if you love pumpkin, this hits the spot.

Sweet Basil Mussels: favorite thing on the menu--the sauce is amazing--order extra bread so you can dip and finish up all the goodness in that sauce!! :)

My only complaint was timing--dishes came as they were ready--which was fine in the beginning...but there was a 15-20 minute break between the tapas and some of the larger entree dishes we ordered so most people had finished up or realized they were full...and then we just weren't really into the momentum to eat the entrees---looking back though, I would have been perfectly happy with just the tapas...the entrees were ok--but being able to try a variety of things and enjoy tapas with friends was great!

Enjoy! Definitely coming back!