“Treated like a King”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just to echo what others have written here, Plaka is where I go in Seattle for fresh, hot, authentic Greek food. Plaka will make you forget you are in the heart of historic Ballard and transport you Athens (without the expense of a plane ticket). Looking to impress a date who loves Mediterranean food without breaking the bank? Bring her here.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I don't think I'm the biggest fan of Greek food (don't hate me), but their service was so helpful and you can tell they really enjoy working there and their proud of their food, that it makes up for my lack of desire Greek cuisine.

The food is really authentic and I did find some things that were delicious! We shared family style:
*Lemon Roasted Potatoes
*Amazing fall-off-the-bone ribs (can't remember the name)
*Gyro
*Baklava
*Fruit, pastry roll

This was a great intro to Greek cuisine for me and I am planning on coming back to try other items on their menu.

Bottom line: authentic with excellent service.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The food here is really up to a greek standard.
I was brought here by a fellow greek, and altough hesitant in the beginning it played out really good.
Katerina and Giannis, the owners are really friendly and the food is prepared with ingredients imported from Greece.

Really worth it.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I can only reiterate what the other reviews say... If you like Greek food, you'll like Plaka Estiatorio! Know that the menu rotates a little by season, so what you had last time may not be available, but just try something and you 'll no doubt enjoy that too! I love that it's a family restaurant, with fresh, well prepared Greek cuisine. It's the kind of fun, relaxed spot where you'll go back again and again!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. Everything we ate was delicious. We tried a tomato, cucumber, onion, olive and feta salad, a Souvlaki plate with skewers of lamb and chicken, and three of their dips with warm pita wedges. My favorite was the red pepper dip and I'm normally not much of a bell pepper eater. My husband shared a "meat plate" with one of our friends and it was too much for them to finish. It was more than we typically spend for dinner, but it is fun to splurge on a place like this every once in a while and nice to feel like you are supporting a small family business. We certainly could have gotten by for cheaper, but chose to try several things from the menu.