“What a GEM!”

Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
NORTH VANCOUVER
“What a GEM!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights over Spring Break with my 3 kids (sans wife).
We loved this new found Hotel.
Location with kids is great. Right behind the Needle.5 minute walk to Pacific Science Center.
Queen Anne is right there with a great choice of many restaurants.
Large grocery stores to the left and right.
5 Point Cafe to name just one great eating spot.
Parking is free, that is one reason we gave up our old haunt, they started to charge for parking.
So about the Hotel. It is a Boutique, part of the Pineaple Group.
The rooms were so clean, trust me leave all your pillows at home.
Laminate floors in the room. A small broom and dust pan would have been nice.
Nice comfy beds, flat screen tv with dvd player. Keurig coffee makers and free bottled water in the rooms.
Huge bathrooms,walk in showers.
The pool area is great, small enough pool that if I didn't want to go in, I felt the kids were safe enough and well with in reach.
Complete gym as well.
Free newspapers and shuttle to almost anypart of the city.
Coffee and pineapple cupcakes in the lounge in the afternoon.
Lots of different areas to grab a chair or couch and just relax.
Free bicycle rentals.
The Rock restaurant in the Hotel had great food.
My son wanted the chicken strips......HEHE... they were dipped in batter and deep fried, the best I have ever had and I ordered them for dinner the next evening for myself.
The front desk staff were very courteous and professional.
Housekeeping staff were very polite as well.
I stayed here 3 days after this trip with just the wife (sans no kids) so she could shop in peace. She loved this Hotel as well. Sorry Quality Inn, you just don't cut it anymore and this place is much more reasonably priced.
Looking forward to our 4 night stay in September.

Room Tip: I would choose the back of the Hotel as the character houses in Queen Anne are gorgeous
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank flyfishn
Tyler S, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay(s) at The Maxwell Hotel. We are happy that you found the hotel to be a good fit for a kids get-away as well as a get-away-from-the-kids stay.

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the Rock - Wood Fired Pizza while you were here as well. We were very excited to partner with them and help bring a new and exciting restaurant to our hotel guests as well as our neighbors in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future!

Tyler Suddith,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Wonderful stay! Loved the rooms and the staff was so helpful and professional. The rooms are modern and spacious. Not your average hotel room, in a good way!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Oaminloo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Booked the Duet Queen Hill room here for $99.00 a night. We stayed here for 6 nights. It was a very modern and artsy hotel. The lobby had a table with complimentary coffee and cute bite sized pineapple cupcakes! It also connects to an AWESOME restaurant, The ROCK (Try their Brown Sugar Mozz Bread! Addicting!)

I'm not sure if we just went during a bad season because the hotel was quite empty. I didn't understand why because it's such a nice boutique hotel but I'm assuming the reason might be that it's not within easy walking distance to the city on the map or something. But you can catch the monorail at the EMP for like $2.50, which is a 5 minute walk from The Maxwell. They also offer complimentary bicycles! We walked and caught the monorail most days. If you don't mind walking and the weather is good, I recommend you walk to the city. You get to know your way around and may see something cool and interesting. It took us about 30 minutes to get to Pike Place? Mind you, it was our first time there and we followed our handy dandy GPS on our phone. The parking lot is in the back. And very easy to access. Even if there were more people in the hotel, they have a lot of stalls.

The room was really cool! The colorful deco, art and modern feel followed throughout the hotel. There was a flat screen t.v., heater/ a.c., DVD player, mini fridge, Tommy Bahama toiletry and OH! A KEURIG! The shower was a little strange because there were no curtains or doors and every time we showered the water would splash onto the bathroom floor. No big deal but one huge complaint I had was that the water only got slightly warm the first 3 days. After a cold, cold adventure outside all I want to do when I get back is take a nice HOT shower. The next morning I informed the front desk receptionist and he had told us that a couple had complained about that as well the OTHER DAY and will let the janitor know again when he gets in. (-__-) When he gets in? Really? But it's all good, they FINALLY had the heater fixed that night. And the nice young man was actually very friendly and greeted us the three times we saw him.

The bed was average. Pillows were fluffy, but the comforter was kind of stiff..it could use a spin or two in the dryer with 4 sheets of bounce fabric softener. But other than that, I will definitely book this hotel again when we go back to Seattle for snowboarding. Still a great hotel, I just had some minor issues.

P.S. There's a convenient 24 hour supermarket and a drug store within a short 3 minute walking distance. While you're walking there stop by a good restaurant McMenamin's. Their clam chowder is seriously delicious! And they have a good organic ketchup they get from Portland..just do it.

Hope this helped a little. Have fun!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank KBelleH
We can't stop blushing! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave such wonderful feedback and photos of your recent stay. We're very happy that you enjoyed yourselves while staying with us.

I do apologize about the hot water issue and was happy to see that we were able to get it corrected for you during your stay.

We really appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back when the snow starts to fall again this winter. Please do feel free to visit before then if you'd like! Seattle is quite nice in the Summer as well.

annandale, va
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here three separate times over the course of a week and a half. Encountered nothing but good service and clean rooms. i really liked: the ambiance, the "feel" of the hotel (modern, clean, just short of luxurious), the single cup Keurig coffee maker in the room, big bathrooms, comfortable beds.
The restaurant/bar downstairs is a little too collegey for my taste, but had a decent crowd most evenings.

Somebody mentioned the noise. I remember the wind, but didn't think anything about it. I'm a heavy sleeper though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LL_in_NoVa
Tyler S, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Family! That's how we feel after three separate visits in such a short period of time. Thank you for being a wonderful repeat guest. We're very happy that you found us to be both comfortable and a "Home-away-from-home" on your travels to the Pacific Northwest.

We hope to welcome you back to The Maxwell Hotel on your next trip to Seattle. Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Maxwell Hotel is very convenient in regards to location, restaurants and more.
The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel also has an underground parking area.
The staff are helpful and knowledgeable.
Definitely higher standards at a reasonable price.
I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DWE13
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I looked at all the hotels close to the Seattle center and Belltown area. We stayed April 8th and 9th for Radiohead that was playing at the keyarena . This Hotel looked clean and modern . It had plenty of appeal and a great price. When we arrived we were so pleased at our room. We took advantage of the bikes they had to ride around. We used the free shuttle to go to Westlake mall and swam in the pool. So many great things about this hotel , coffee in the room was good, bed was extremely comfortable and it was a good sleep with no noises. One block from the Key arena and right across the street are 4 places to eat, including pho that was to die for. The best part was the staff. One gentlemen especially made this a great trip for us . I woke up on the 9th and got an email saying that I would be charged for not showing up to the hotel the night before. I instantly realized we double booked . I went down and talked to the man at front desk. He was so polite and assured me that we would not be charged for my mistake. Anytime we go to Seattle again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: i like our room 252 cause it was far from the elevator , which i think helped with any possible nois...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica R
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went down to Seattle for the night for the Mariner's game and was very impressed with The Maxwell hotel. The front staff were friendly, young, and knowledgeable. No problems checking in or out, LOVED the free underground parking and the rooms are very clean and modern (dark hardwood floors, mounted flat screens, bright colours). Close enough for an 8 dollar cab ride into the city, and far enough from the crazy sports crowds. Will recommend this hotel and definately stay here next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Erin M
Go M's!

First, thank you for staying with us. Secondly, thank you for commenting on it! We value all of our guests feedback, good or...not so good. We're delighted that you had a great stay!

I will be sure to pass on the kind words to our staff. We take great pride in providing each of our guests with their own unique experience. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed yours!

The Mariners have 65 home games to go, so please come see us again soon. We're ready to welcome you back with our brand of authentic hospitality, as well as our pineapple cupcakes.

Cheers!