“Best hotel choice”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Miami, Florida
“Best hotel choice”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at the Maxwell Hotel because I was going to the NFFTY 2012. Front desk was friendly. Basically everyone that worked there was really friendly plus you get complementary cupcakes.The room had a fun decor, the beds were extremely comfy. It's location is great, the Space Needle is just 10 minutes away. If you're going to Seattle, it's definitely a place where you want to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Tyler S, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for taking a few moments to comment on your stay at The Maxwell Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed being one of the host hotels for NFFTY 2012. While we love all of our groups, this group hold a special place in our heart as they were the first group to book with us upon opening the hotel in 2010!

We're glad that you were able to enjoy your stay AND our cupcakes! We hope that you come back and stay with us for NFFTY 2013.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is best place to stay. Great Staff.. Everyone was so helpful. Went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and successful. The front desk was friendly and made certain that we had everything we needed. Rooms were very clean, beds very comfy. It was just a great place to stay. Location is fantastic because you are right by the Seattle Center and the Space Needle. The Monorail is there for transportation into town and then you can walk about anywhere you want. The Maxwell also provides free shuttle service too Jason, thanks for all the help. We had a good time in Seattle thanks to the Maxwell. (The Rock Pizza is fantastic and inexpensive to eat at.)

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I spent lots of time reviewing the various hotel websites for where to stay for the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon. After deciding on The Maxwell Hotel, I went to the online booking portion through their website and was able to see which rooms were available, however, when I tried to book one the link was broken. Several attempt to call the hotel resulted in the phone lines being out. After attempting for 3 days to book online unsuccessfully, I called to make the reservation, since the online link was still not working, and the front desk person informed me that they have no more rooms for that group code. While I understand they are selling out of rooms, I was trying to understand why after trying for several days to book the room online and call and being able to see online that there were rooms available, why her system was not showing any. I kept getting the generic answer they are full and she seemed very irritated that I was even asking about why their website wasn't working. I am disappointed, I was really looking forward to staying there, but annoyed at how unhelpful they were. I happily took my business somewhere else.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank cab123576
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I chose to stay at the Maxwell for our anniversary because it's only one block from Teatro Zinzani, where we enjoyed the fabulous dinner and show. The Maxwell was perfect for an evening like this, with its' great color and style. It's a must see for the design alone. The stunning use of color make usually ordinary spaces, elevators and hallways seem like art installations. Our room was comfortable and spacious. Not much of a view, but with an interior like this, who cares?

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Happy Anniversary! With all of the options you had available to you, it means a lot that you selected The Maxwell Hotel to be a part of your special evening.

Thank you for your comments on our hotels design and decor. I'm happy that you felt comfortable while you were staying with us.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in Seattle!

Manzanita, Oregon
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We found this place on hotels tonight. It was a great value for what you get. You are close to ecerything and public transportation. The free parking was a bonus. the rooms and lobby were new and nicely decorated, very modern. The restaurant in the lobby is a must, especially happy hour. Their pizzas are delicious which is rare to have a good restaurant next to a hotel. It is also very convenient that it is so close and you dont have to worry about finding a restaurant. the service was decent, I just thought they could be a little more efficient, and helpful with their accomodations, as far as what they offer instead of reading about it. Going to your room and lobby a lot of friendly staff, always saying hello. That was nice. Never had that happen. The pool was disappointing, it seemed bigger. They were better off with just a hot tub instead of a pool. Our room faced some apartments, which I thought I read that the rooms had city view. That was a little misleading. Early in the morning there was a lot of noise from other people and or staff opening and closing of doors, and a lot of talking. It was a bit annoying, especially when you are still sleeping. It was not even warm to get in and it had a lot of chlorine in it. Other than that it was a great stay and will be back.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great, it would be nice to have a room that faces the city not apartm...
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was the first hotel we stayed in our west coast road trip and the best one of our holiday! All necessary amenities are available (unfortunately we didn't get around to trying out the pool), but loved the big bathroom with hairdryer, fridge, complimentary water bottles, coffee machine, free wifi, and free newspaper! Parking is also free (that's an exception to the rule!) and the location is excellent, only a three minute walk from the Space Needle and monorail. The hotel bar (The Rock) is nice for an evening drink or midnight snack (love the garlic bread!). Our room faced the parking in the back, which was not a problem, except the generator was pretty loud. However, when it came time to go to sleep, it actually did not bother me so much at all. The room itself was big, modern and clean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of The Maxwell Hotel as well as The Rock: Wood Fired Pizza! I am glad to hear that you found both to be enjoyable! We feel we've made a great partner with the Rock and are very interested in what our guests have to say about them!

I am sorry that you were unable to make use of our pool on this visit, but that just means you will have to come back and stay with us again!

Happy travels!

Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We love this hotel! I was looking for someplace in the downtown core but when I realized they charge $38 to $40 per day for parking I started looking elsewhere. This was a great find and parking was free. Everything about it feels new and fresh with a fun and funky design. The rooms are a generous size with some great appointments... hard surface floor, large walk-in shower, soap/lotion/shampoo/conditioner dispensers (none of those silly little plastic bottles). It had a Keurig coffee brewer, a microwave with popcorn and refrigerator for your stuff (not an over-priced mini-bar). They also have umbrellas in the rooms to use on those frequent rainy days in Seattle.

It's in a great location a block from Seattle Center and the monorail, in the Queen Anne neighborhood. There are lots of restaurants within just a couple minutes and it's a nice walk to Pike Place Market.

2 Thank HaveOmaWillTravel