“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ok, the hotel was quite a nice surprise. The neighborhood wasn't the best. Seems kid friendly, but maybe too kid friendly? While hanging in the lobby three young kids, maybe 6 to 8 yo, totally unsupervised with not an adult in sight were allowed to play paper airplanes (two of the kids got some good air loft) for twenty minutes running throughout the lobby (one airplane barely missed a man sitting in a chair). They ran and jumped up and down the stairs, throwing airplanes down to the lower level through the stairwell. Seemed sort of dangerous, not to mention the liability for the hotel. The frontdesk just ignored it (I saw the lady turn and make a face at them) and there was no security in sight. Makes me wonder a little.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a nice review. We definitely are kid friendly but should have been more concerned if they were upsetting our other guests or being careless. I'm sorry that this didn't occur. We hope to see you soon and please let us know when you are coming back and we will take great care of you.
All my best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mesquite, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Needed a room before taking the Clipper to BC and the Maxwell was relatively close to port. The price was great, so we took a chance. It was great! The employees were fast, friendly and really helpful, the room was clean and adorable, AND it came with FREE PARKING! Even the restaurant in the hotel, The Rock, was very good. This hotel is just 2 blocks from Space Needle, so the area might be alittle sketchy for the faint of heart, but even the few strange homeless folks didn't bother us. There's also a fabulous neighborhood market very close that rivals Whole Foods. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WyomingPam
We are really grateful for the review and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and all of the complimentary offerings. We want each and every one of our guests to have this kind of stay!
Please come back and see us again soon.
San DIego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

What a Jewel! A delightful stay, wonderfully located to Seattle Center. From the time we checked in, right through until I got back home and resolved my lost property problem, every individual staff member we encountered was outstanding in their customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate hearing from you and definitely aim to please. I'm so happy that we could get your lost and found item back to you. It always feels good to return an item to its rightful owner. Please come back and see us again soon.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We loved this hotel! It was close to the Seattle Center and had a view of the space needle. We needed a crib and it came complimentary and they had a complimentary shuttle to main attractions which runs every half an hour. We used it to go to Pikes Place Market and the driver was friendly and entertaining with some history of the city during our short ride. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and very reasonable. One side was more like a bar and the other was a family restaurant. Complimentary pineapple cupcakes and Starbucks coffee in the lobby everyday from 3-7. There is a small pool and exercise room that was adequate. 24 hour supermarket and drug store 2 blocks away. They also have complimentary bicycles, which would be great if it was just me and my husband. This time I was with my son and his wife and my granddaughter. It suited us all very well. I would recommend this hotel. The room was so lovely and spacious you didn't mind spending time in it as the little one was an early bedtime. The staff were all friendly and welcoming, always with a smile and a hello. I come to Seattle a few times a year and will return here for our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for bringing the whole family to the Maxwell. It sounds like you all had a blast! The friendly staff and I will greet you warmly when you return next time.
Seattle-Tacoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

For our 13th wedding anniv., I booked a room through an auto club for Nov. 15 Friday night Michael Buble concert and Saturday "just for the fun of it." The hotel is close to Key Arena (so we could walk to the concert) and the interior photos looked interesting and fun, so off we went.

WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME! The room was large and new looking, with 2 queen beds, +40 inch TV with DVD player, small fridge, complimentary bottled water and Keurig machine with K-cup coffee. The free Wi-fi was great...very responsive. Geez, everything you'd expect in a top of the line hotel...for under $100 p/night (with advance reservations).

Housekeeping: excellent job and always busy. The room, hallways...everything was clean. And I handle facilities maintenance for my company in Federal Way, so I scrutinize these things a bit more.

Floors: laminate with a large clean rug under the beds. The bathroom was very open and clean with a walk-in shower large enough for a wheelchair (thought the tile threshold makes that impractical.) Shower was ok, though hard to control the hot (which was odd since the faucet at the sink was ok.) Speaking of the sink, that appeared to be black granite...was large...and like the shower, had Tommy Bahama-branded wall mount dispensers for all things "soapy".

AC: thermostat on wall. When we arrived, the room temp was 71. Never got below 69 in two days with heat "on" and my setting the thermostat to 65. Temp stayed very consistent...not too hot nor too cold. AC unit below window was actually quite quiet, even with the fan on "full-time" (I like the fan running.)

Two things I was worried about (from staying downtown before):
- noise...both inside and out. No worries...no noise! We were in Room 223 and facing north, which meant we looked down upon the enclosed swimming pool and the "overflow" parking.
- crappy mattress (saggy or hard): the mattress we had was firm, but not too firm that it caused a problem. We sleep on a memory-foam at home and we still got full, peaceful, restful sleeps.

Parking: there was plenty. Saved me $30 over two days. It was first come-first served but arriving at 3:30 pm Friday, there were no worries. It was very secure and, surprisingly, had a good mix of compact and regular (yes...really regular) car sized parking! Our Subaru was safe and secure.

Food: There is an "in-house" espresso stand/breakfast sandwich "shop" where you "grab and go." This is good for getting a mocha or drink before leaving for the day. But if you are looking for lunch and more, then another nice feature is "The Rock" restaurant "attached" next door. They have a deal that "Rock" patrons can use the restrooms on the main floor and the "Rock" gives hotel guests 15% off their meal! Can't beat that! And there's no real worry about security, because the elevators won't go up unless someone inputs a valid guest keycard. Yes, someone could "piggyback" up, but I don't think its too big a worry.

The lobby is always manned...24 hours a day. The personnel were always pleasant and easily approachable. At 3 pm they put out small cupcakes and coffee for guests to come down and mingle. This works well with the varied lobby seating they have all around, with tables and "great chairs". It all works so very well...we were very pleased.

Some things we saw but didn't use:
- shuttle bus to take you to various venues (location was so close that we walked down to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park...as well as other places!)
- exercise room and swimming pool (exercise room had stair-stepper, bike, weights, treadmill, etc...all in good order.)
- two large conference rooms as well as a desktop PC for guests to use to check email
- either rental or loaner bicycles (we're walkers, so that's what we enjoyed doing.)

The other recent reviewers captured it so well: this is a gem of a hotel and worth the stay! I'm glad others have already commented so positively on this hotel...you may not have believe me! I'm not sure I would have either.

Room Tip: The two queens still allowed enough "space" to bring in some camp chairs and a card table...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary. Buble must have been fun. We are happy to have taken such great care of you!
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love this hotel! Great rate, super service, fantastic staff, and convenient for business travelers.... I will use this hotel next visit to Seattle for sure. I also felt comfortable powerwalking the neighborhood alone early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your amazing review and for staying with us. We hope that you come back and do some more powerwalking!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel for the night of a concert at the Key Arena. For the great 21 day ahead rate we received I was crossing my fingers it was a decent hotel because I have paid more in other places for a rundown, dated room. When we arrived the lobby was very nice and we were pleasantly surprised to learn the parking garage is included for free! When we got to the rooms we were blown away. They were nicely decorated with a modern look and all kinds of amenities. Keurig machine with both coffee and tea (I'm a tea drinker and rarely get tea provided when coffee maker in rooms), big High Def TV with high def channels and a DVD player (we NEVER find a dvd player where we can watch what we want in a hotel), microwave, fridge, bottled water, safe, iron board and iron. We only stayed overnight so didn't get try out the other amenities (small pool, free bike rentals, free shuttle to major sight seeing spots in seattle). But, we walked to a great Queen Anne restaurant, then walked to the concert, then walked home. So convenient to everything. Then we walked to a great little crepe place for breakfast. We really enjoyed this hotel and would highly recommend it. I'm thinking of going back for a fun Seattle weekend of shopping/sightseeing. The only negative was the walls/floors were a little thin so we could hear a little from other rooms but not enough to bother us at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TacomaDawn
Thank you for coming to see us and we are glad that you were pleasantly surprised. We are definitely here to impress. Come back soon!