“Great Boutique Option ”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We grabbed a great rate off Orbitz, and it did not disappoint. They poured effort into details with the room. My only complaint was the lobby restaurant, which we were told was an area chain, but it was hideously out of place in the hotel. I think the restaurant theme was Hell, literally--we stayed clear.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that you found a great rate. Call us directly next time and we will take great care of you. I hope that you found alternate dining options. Our staff act as fantastic concierge as well so we can help you find a restaurant that is more to your liking. Hopefully we will see you again soon. All my best, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a Seattle getaway. It was very nice. They have a small pool. They have cupcakes and coffee every afternoon in the lobby. They also have bicycles you can use. My only drawback is the large TVs in the lobby. We were there having cupcakes in the middle of the afternoon and one patron was watching super inappropriate programming on the big screen TV and I had to scurry my child off so he wouldn't see it (scary zombie people). They did have a kids pack they gave us at check in with crayons and such.

Room Tip: I have no helpful room tips
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

It's always nice to have our Northwest friends come up for a staycation. We are proud to offer the cupcakes and coffee every afternoon and I'm glad that you enjoyed them. We only have the one TV in the lobby which we mostly use to offer Seattle weather and the like. Please let the front desk know if someone is watching something inappropriate and we will address it.
Thank you and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Walls are a little thin but the decor is cool. The free bikes are an excellent perk. The cupcakes after work were delicious. The location can't be beat if you are checking out downtown Seattle. Free parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Smillie-girl

I'm glad that you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer including the free cupcakes and parking. We aim to please! I'm sorry for the bit of noise and I'm glad that it didn't make your stay less enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was deciding between a VRBO condo in the Capitol Hill neighborhood and the Maxwell downtown. It was my first trip to Seattle so decided to stay in the downtown area to be close to the tourist attractions. I'm so happy I made that choice! Even though we were there during a cool month (early Nov), we were able to walk all over the city. The hotel location was very close to the space needle which made it really convenient. We did have a car which I would highly recommend so you can take day trips during your stay and the Maxwell had a free parking garage which was great! We never had trouble finding a spot, but suggest getting a small car or you'll have a hard time fitting in the small spots. The rooms were very clean and modern. The only disappointment was the lack of movie channels or on demand movies.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Maxwell and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We our proud to offer complimentary parking, shuttle service, bicycles, coffee and cupcakes, water in the rooms, keurig coffee and tea, and so much more. I'm sorry for the lack of on demand movies but we do have DVD players in each of the rooms and some complimentary movies at the front desk. There is also a Redbox within walking distance. Come back and see us again and we'll head out and rent you a movie!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 November 2013

It was a perfect location to the major attractions! Just as important, I loved this modern hotel and its amenities (free parking, clean rooms, free shuttle to various attractions, spacious/funky bathroom). My only suggestions for the hotel would be for it to add movie channels because after a fun-filled day of walking the city, it would have been nice to relax with something to watch other than CNN. I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Tip: Select a room that does not overlook the parking lot up the hill. Immediately outside the rooms...
1  Thank Nancee M

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the lack of movie channels. Call us at the desk next time and we can create a movie watching solution with either the DVD players in the room or the proper channel listings to find a good movie on cable.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

There are more exciting neighborhoods to stay in while visiting Seattle. There were lots of snafus and mistakes made at check-in and with my reservation, which was a tremendous hassle. While at first the faux-wood floors in the rooms look nice, they amplify every step the people in the room above take, making it sound like an elephant lives upstairs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Idahoan1

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a great first impression at the front desk and overall had a poor stay. We aim for each and every guest to enjoy the Maxwell Hotel and I'm terribly sorry that this didn't occur. We did choose to have hardwood floors and occasionally this can create some noise as it did with your neighbors. We definitely want our guests to enjoy peace and quiet so please call the desk next time and we will find you a quiet room if possible. Please contact me at wbraden@staypineapple.com if you would like someone to listen to any specifics where we fell short. All my best, Woody Braden

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed here one night after a concert at Key Arena.
It was far better than I expected!
The room was clean, with hardwood floors, mini-fridge, microwave, safe, desk, big bathroom and comfy bed. The room was quiet and had good blackout curtains.
The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom had shower gel instead of soap.
They have free, secure underground parking.
When we checked in they had complimentary coffee, but the next morning when I walked down to get it, it was not there, but they did have a "Pineapple Espresso" stand in the lobby.
Overall, it was a super cute hotel and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I hope the concert at the Key Arena was amazing! We put out cupcakes and coffee from 3pm to 7pm every evening so I'm sorry that you didn't find it out in the morning but we also have complimentary Keurigs in the rooms. Come back and see us again soon!