“Loved it!!”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am still recovering from my stay in Seattle to see Pearl Jam! My boyfriend and I stayed here over the weekend and it was a lovely hotel! We loved everything about our stay at the Maxwell. The location to the Key Arena was as close as you could get! The hotel was gorgeous and the staff was great. The rooms were quite cozy...the bed was insanely comfy and we had a great view of the Space Needle. Thanks The Maxwell for allowing us to check in very early! Also loved that there were full length mirrors in the rooms....huge bonus!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

It was great to have you and I heard that Pearl Jam was amazing. We are definitely blessed to be one of the closest hotels to the Key Arena and we will continue to aim to take great care of you.
All my best, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was extremely happy with our stay at this hotel. It had a real nice ambience and the room was of really top quality for the price. By far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, rivalling even my own bed at home. The pillow top mattress was a dream, as were the pillows, which I always find difficult when staying at a hotel. Complimentary parking and Internet wi-fi were a real bonus. The hotel shuttle to take us down town was also fantastic as we found parking signs in Seattle really confusing, so it was great not having to worry about that. 24 hr pharmacy and grocery store were also convenient and within walking distance. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all of the complimentary offerings and the comfortable beds! We aim to please. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I found this hotel to be perfect for business trips. It is situated very close to the center of the town so you have access to the main attractions of this city. However, the area the area where this hotel is located will amaze you because it is so quiet and nice.
The room was very big and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The WI-FI runs smoothly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the review Marisa! We truly appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Date 30/11/2013 ( sorry you yanks ya still do the date wrong way round ) just got back from a 4 night stay at the maxwell.the rooms I liked plenty spacious,and facilities that were available were all good.every member of staff from the front dest to the courtesy driver and the room cleaner girls were all more than polite an helpful . We booked thru expedia and got a very competitive rate.The rock restraint and bar connected to the hotel were both below par.We did it one night and then no more.i would'nt hesitate to recommend it or stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't know we just took the room we were given 431 and it was fine
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for making the trip over from England and enjoying some of our hospitality. I'm sorry that the Rock wasn't to your liking but I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall. Come back and see us again soon.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed at The Maxwell Hotel for 4 nights and it was a great base for seeing the city. My room was huge and very comfortable. Nice touches like a coffee maker, free water and popcorn. Very well located close to the monorail but even then, it was possible to walk into Downtown Seattle in around 15 minutes. There are some very cool bars and restaurants in the Queen Anne area too, as well the Space Needle, IMAX and EMP museum. My only minor criticism was noise from upstairs most evenings (thumping on the floor) and when I tried to order room service on Saturday night it was difficult because of how busy the bar/ restaurant was.

I plan to go back to Seattle and will definitely stay at The Maxwell Hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the spacious rooms. I'm terribly sorry that you had a loud neighbor and that the Rock was too busy to assist with room service. We are certainly looking to improve this service. Come back soon and enjoy more of our complimentary offerings.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The room was HUGE and had fun, quirky decor... we could really spread out given the size, and we appreciated the fun patterns and touches in the room. The bathroom was especially enormous, with counter space, which is nice. We ended up in a room near the elevator and were a bit worried, but we didn't have problems with noise at night.

Check-in was efficient with very friendly staff. We parked in the basement parking garage, which was fine and included in the price. Just note it is a separate elevator for the parking that doesn't go up to the rooms. There were free snacks in the lobby, which was a nice touch.

We also appreciated the location--we walked all over Queen Anne and to the Space Needle (from there we took the monorail to downtown/Pike Place Market). There were lots of nice restaurants and coffee shops in the area, and we ended up eating all our breakfasts and dinners in the vicinity of the hotel. Public transport was fairly accessible--we sometimes walked 10-15 mins to get to a particular bus line we wanted to take, but it was pretty easy to get around from the hotel.

Overall, this hotel was a great mix of style, service, and location. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiekins570

Thank you for the wonderful and expansive review. We hope to continue to impress you more and more with each and every stay.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We grabbed a great rate off Orbitz, and it did not disappoint. They poured effort into details with the room. My only complaint was the lobby restaurant, which we were told was an area chain, but it was hideously out of place in the hotel. I think the restaurant theme was Hell, literally--we stayed clear.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that you found a great rate. Call us directly next time and we will take great care of you. I hope that you found alternate dining options. Our staff act as fantastic concierge as well so we can help you find a restaurant that is more to your liking. Hopefully we will see you again soon. All my best, Woody Braden