“Location, location, location”

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Palo Alto, California
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

If you are a tourist and looking for a nice, clean hotel to stay in Seattle and if it is within your budget then stop your search an just book it. It has an awesome location 10 mins walk to the space needle and the EMP museum and 3 mins walk to the PNB (we watched the nutcracker). It has a unique and stylish decoration. They serve free fresh brewed starbucks pike place coffee in the lobby. They also have a mini espresso shop. They dont offer breakfast but happy to help you to find one. They lend free bikes. Parking is free and free high speed internet present. The room was clean. The staff was nice and attentive. They have courtesy shuttle to downtown but you can also take the monorail from EMP. There is a bar on the ground level that you can get late night food and drinks. Overall we were very pleased and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank msmsk
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We are thrilled that you were pleased with the hotel and the surrounding area. We love offering freebies and it looks like you enjoyed all of the amenities. The Pacific Northwest Ballet does a tremendous job and is only a block away from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Very best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I just stayed at this hotel the past two days. I chose it through Hotwire.com where I got a great deal. One of the criteria I used to choose the hotel was the on-site parking. Once I was at the hotel, I learned that the parking is very limited with an underground garage available on a first-come first serve basis. I was not able to park there the first night. I felt disappointed. I let the manager know about my experience and he immediately responded and helped me find a parking. I was impressed at the level of service from both the management and from the front desk personnel. The hotel is magnificent and the room is simply one of the best rooms I have stayed lately. It is classy, with elegant touches all over. The room had wooden floors, colourful walls, a huge bathroom, all the amenities, it is just an amazing hotel. Despite the parking situation during the weekends, I was told it is rare to find a hotel in Seattle (almost across the street from the Space Needle) which offers some kind of parking. I would highly recommend this hotel both for its beautiful rooms and its high level of service. I would certainly stay here the next time I am in Seattle.

Room Tip: Plan carefully for parking if the onsite parking is unavailable. There is parking around the area fo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm so happy that I was able to take good care of you and get you all set up in regards to parking. We definitely don't like running out of parking so we provide it to our customer for free! It only fills up on busy weekends and concert nights as we have eighty or so spots. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and it was our pleasure taking care of you. We hope to see you back with us again soon!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is a very comfortable Hotel. Very friendly staff all the way around. Spacious, inviting lobby. coffee and cupcakes in the afternoon. Lobby decorated beautifully for Christmas! Indoor pool room off the lobby in one corner near the elevators.The pool is not heated but the room was warm. No jacuzzi! We had a room on the top floor facing the Space Needle which allowed for some nice photos with the lighted tree on top for Christmas.There is a hotel shuttle that runs until 5pm and you need to reserve a time appointment for it as well.On Saturday, however, the shuttle stopped at 3 because their driver said he had to go to his other job! Ok. The room was nice and cozy, not huge but this is a Boutique Hotel. Large shower with no door, without a tub.Nice place to sit in different areas of the lobby.One area by the gas fireplace where we would land after our days activities in town while re-grouping.There is a popular wood fired pizza joint right off the lobby. Walking distance to the Needle and several good cafes and restaurants.For a quaint spot with great breakfast I would reccomend both the Mecca Cafe and The Citizen. An easy several block walk in either direction from the hotel. Overall, I would stay here again when returning to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor facing the Space Needle and a view of Downtown Skyline.Gorgeous!
1 Thank chext57
We are glad that we could be your home away from home! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay, the hotel, and the surrounding area and restaurants. Please come back and see us again soon.
All my best, Woody Braden
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We visited Seattle for a "weekend away in the big city". A coworker had suggested the Maxwell, and so I tried it. I was VERY satisfied with the recommendation. It was everything a major city hotel could be. It is located just across the street from the Seattle Center, within walking distance of many interesting sights. Our room had a view of the Space Needle disappearing up into the low clouds over Seattle. Getting to the hotel by car was easy. Parking was ample. The desk staff were friendly and welcoming. Complimentary coffee and mini-cupcakes were available in the lobby. The rooms were nicely designed (we LOVED the shower), clean and spacious. Room, hallway, elevator, lobby style was elegant but not overbearing. The housekeeping staff were polite and efficient. The beds and pillows were comfortable, WIFI was free and fast. The hotel had a restaurant on the main floor (The Rock) that had excellent food and great service. We were pampered.

So, what's not to like? My only issues were that the street noise was a bit loud even up on the 4th floor (late night revelers and motorcycles on the street), something that a set of comfortable earplugs fixed. The hotel really has no great views. The view we had of the Space Needle also included the parking garage for the Seattle Center. Breakfasts are not included. There is however a small espresso are in the lobby that sells coffee and pastries in the morning.

Still, it is a reasonably priced hotel that I would certainly stay at again on my next trip into Seattle.

As a tip: If you will be attending a show at Teatro Zinzani just across the street, look on the Zinzani website for a 15% off Hotel Maxwell discount code. This is something I saw only after I'd booked and paid.

Room Tip: 4th floor room has less noise. Rooms not facing Roy Street are quieter, but don't have a city vi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Great review! Thank you for taking the time to provide as much detail as possible. We truly appreciate it as do fellow travelers I'm sure. We would love to have you back and please call us directly and we will look at getting you the best possible rate.
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Woodinville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel itself is wonderful (on-site parking, large rooms, clean, appealing decor), but the employees are the shining star. They seem genuinely happy to help, and most importantly, they are polite/respectful/professional without being pretentious or condescending. Truly the best hotel stay we've had in years!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the shining staff.
Please come back and see us again soon.
All my best,
Woody Braden
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to visit Seattle and attend the Gonzaga basketball game. We selected the Maxwell based on reviews on Tripadvisor. We asked the woman (unfriendly) at the front desk if it was possible to have a very quiet top floor room. She snapped back that she has not made a selection yet. In the room (506), we experienced extremely load noises next door, in the morning and in the afternoon. We realized the first evening that our room was adjacent to the housekeeping room! The banging was probably the carts moving in and out. and the banging of a laundry chute door. The front desk clerk could not have given us a worse room. Why would she deliberately do that? We were friendly and nice to her. We were too tired to consider complaining the first time this happened. We should have because the next day we were woken by load noises, singing, and talking in the problem room and hallway. It was incredible; our bedside lamp would shake on the nightstand as they repeatedly smashed the chute door closed. We went to the front desk to complain, but the same clerk was there. We decided to tolerate it and wear earplugs. Otherwise, it was a very good stay. I may try this hotel next time we are in Seattle. I would be more careful inspecting the room. I would probably revise my rating to five stars given a satisfactory experience with the front desk.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you settle in.
2 Thank TimandCami
Hello TimandCami,
I so sorry to hear that you weren't treated with the proper respect and care. We certainly would never deliberately put you in a room that is noisy. I will definitely speak to the housekeeping team about the noise levels up on the floors. The fifth floor is the highest floor so the agent was just trying to honor your request for a high floor room. I have spoken with her and she definitely did not try to be rude at all. I'm sorry that this impression was given and we certainly want every guest to enjoy their stay with us! We would love to have you back and please call the hotel and ask for Woody and I will take great care of you.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at The Maxwell Hotel. The staff were all friendly, the rooms were huge with super comfy beds and the free shuttle was so useful. The location is also a major pro - we were able to walk most places (and when we couldnt we just jumped on the shuttle). The little extras like the coffee machines and popcorn in the rooms, and the afternoon coffee and cake in the lobby made our stay a great one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that the friendly staff took such great care of you. The extras are designed to make your life easy while you are with us and I'm glad that you took advantage of them. We hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards, Woody Braden