“Good location. Standard Facilities”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good location. Standard Facilities”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The room was large though the absence of a cupboard was felt. The iron was a big plus. The front office staff was nice and helpful and even provided a car for dropping to the airport (flat charge).
The internet was fast and the lobby had a comfortable ambiance.
Unfortunately, no provision for having breakfast...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PPStays
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for making the trip all the way from Switzerland. We love having international travelers! Unfortunately, we don't include a breakfast in the room rate but we do have a wonderful little cafe that has breakfast items as well as a few top-notch breakfast spots within three or four blocks.
All my best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel based on the positive reviews and it did not disappoint. The staff was nice, the shuttle was really accessible, and the rooms were decent for the price paid. The tiny drawback was the thin walls (I had a hard time sleeping due to some people next door that were up at 6am) and the gym (not a place where you can really get a work out in). The pros really outweigh those cons though since there were free bottles of water every day, free coffee in the room, and it's clear that the hotel is managed very well.

Room Tip: I got a room facing the parking lot. I would ask for a room with a view if possible
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
We are glad that you enjoyed all of the free amenities and found the shuttle accessible. We really try to make it work for everyone. Sorry about the loud, early neighbors. We definitely want everyone to have a nice night's sleep. See you soon!
Very best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at the Maxwell for 4 nights in December 2013. This is a great small hotel and right from the beginning, the staff made me feel welcome. Parking was fine, not that tight (I had a rented Toyota Corolla) and even for the proverbial woman driver I didn't find it that hard. An SUV or truck be another story! Had a hill view room on the 4th floor and it was cute beyond words, very clean, and quiet. The hill view was fine, I enjoyed looking at the funky neighborhood and holiday lights on the homes and antennas on the hill. The lobby is welcoming with folks hanging out and working on computers. There is a small concession stand with snacks and coffee but with somewhat limited hours. I ate at the attached restaurant twice, food was great (I'm gluten free by necessity) and I was well fed and treated with courtesy, I would definitely stay here on a return trip to Seattle. I booked through TripAdvisor and got a nice discount on my room as well. Great job! Loved the Keruig machines in the room. And I could walk to the Space Needle in under 10 minutes. I just loved it here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
It is great to hear from you and I'm so happy that we took such great care of you! We truly hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Spacious room with microwave n complimentary popcorn and coffee machine in room.there was free mini cupcakes n coffee in lobby. The hotel is very nice n didnt get chance but the rock restaurant downstairs

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brian w
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed all of our complimentary offerings. We appreciate your feedback and would love to have you back with us.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very close to everything, Bumber Shoot, space needle, cool restaurants, shopping, walks etc. Parking was tight but worked. Rooms were modern, clean, quiet and Romantic.. We are from Canada and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Great to have our friends from across the border stay with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I often stay at the Maxwell for business travel and I love it. The staff is very friendly, and it's a friendly, nice and easy place to stay. The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. It's great value for the money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for continuing to stay with us and please know that we will make every effort to continue to take the best care of you. Please come by and say hello the next time you are with us.
Prairie Village, Kansas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here mid November 2013 after making our reservations via Booking.com. We requested a room on the top floor with a great view and also made this request several times before arrival. When we checked in, our room was on the top floor (there are only 5) but we had a view of the neighborhood houses. After talking to the Manager on duty, they did move us to a 3rd floor "suite" room with a view of the Space Needle but we had to look up to see it. Later, when we checked out they tried to bill us for the difference in price between rooms.

Overall, staff was friendly, informative and attentive. Transportation can be a problem if you do not have a car or are not willing to take the train to other Seattle locations. They do have a shuttle but it runs certain times during the day and not after 5:30 pm. They do have a small area in the lobby which has breakfast offerings but there are many restaurants/coffee houses in the area with much better fare.

There is a huge grocery store a few blocks away with lots of choices for in-room meals (including liquor). Citizens coffee is within walking distance and has one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a coffee shop. Toulouse Petit is also a few blocks away with exceptional food and staff.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the 5th floor with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl528
Thank you for the great review and for staying with us. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback. I'm thrilled that we were able to get you the view that you requested after you checked in and I'm sure that the rate difference was accidental. The system we use changes the rate automatically when a room type is changed so the agent must not have caught the automatic change. It sounds like we were able to fix it upon departure but I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have you back soon.
Warm regards, Woody Braden