“Loved our stay here!”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, WA
“Loved our stay here!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We loved our stay at the Maxwell Hotel. I wanted to stay at this hotel for a long time but needed just the right excuse. A show at Key Arena in December 2013 offered just the right excuse, and now I'm looking for another...

Location: This hotel is located in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood. It's convenient to upper and lower Queen Anne, Seattle Center (where you can grab the monorail to Westlake and be right downtown), and very close to Key Arena. There are lots of interesting restaurants and bars in walking distance to the hotel. I'd say the only con about the location is that traffic in this area can be rough on the weekend at certain times, but...hey, welcome to Seattle. And even better that there is so much in walking distance of the hotel.

Hotel: The hotel seems quite new. There is a Rock pizza restaurant next door with access from the hotel lobby. The common areas are nice and modern, and there is a coffee shop with snacks in the lobby. Parking was included in our room rate, which seems incredible given that the hotel is in a high-premium parking area. Parking in downtown Seattle can cost you up to $50 per night, so free was a huge bonus. (It seems possible that the lot fills up quickly, so you might want to arrive early.)

Room: Our room was spacious, modern, and comfortable. I loved the style of everything in the room, and especially liked the dark wood-style flooring. The beds were really comfortable. The bathroom was also modern and spacious, with a nice separate shower. We booked pretty far in advance and got a great deal. I don't know if it was specific to our rate, but we did not pay more when we changed the occupancy from 2 to 3 people - loved that!

Service: The service was friendly and helpful. On the day that we checked out, the desk staff helped us arrange a taxi and gave us advice about traffic and how long it would take us to get from point A to point B. I notice that the hotel offers a shuttle too.

Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelingPenguin
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review! The hotel is four years old but our engineering team works hard to make it look new every day. We are thankful to have them. We hope that you can find that excuse to come visit us again soon!
Very best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
oxford
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Best value for money, great place to stay near Space Needle. Rooms very clean and nicely decorated, comfortable beds, tea coffee making, room safe, plenty of towels, nice shampoo and shower gels. FREE PARKING.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbarapagesmith
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed the amenities and the great value that we offer. We truly aim to please. We aren't going anywhere so please come back and see us again soon. Warm regards, Woody Braden
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was perfect for my little families weekend getaway! The place was beautiful inside and out! Such a big lobby area with beautiful furniture! Check in was so easy with Jacob, he was so polite and well mannered! He even reminded my boyfriend and I when to expect cupcakes which I have read nothing but good things about :) Free parking at the Maxwell, but also first come first serve. It isn't promised OH! and by the way if you have a large truck don't bother at the garage you will not have space! Our room was on the fifth floor, room 501 it was so well designed the bed was large and soft also the bathroom was spacey. The bathroom products by Tommy Bahama is to die for! It smells so amazing I barely used any of the products I brought from home! After settling in we moved down to the lobby to check out the pool, it's very tiny as deep as 4 feet, but still very enjoyable. Towels available by the pool and showers available for use also down there. Check out this morning was also very quick and easy. I cannot wait to stay here again!!! Pineapple hospitality is the best!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a pleasant review. We truly appreciate you and I'm glad that Jacob took such great care of you. He goes above and beyond for people and we can't thank him enough. Thank you again!
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was visiting Seattle on business. The hotel was not far from my meeting venue. The choice of restaurants within its vicinity was convenient. I recommend this hotel for those on business or holiday. Staff at the hotel are well trained and professional in everything that they do.

1 Thank Nodumo D
We truly enjoy having international travelers and it's such a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. Thank you for taking the time to leave the review and good luck in your future endeavors. We are here for you if you return to Seattle.
Warm regards, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nice hotel and good room amenities like a Keurig machine. Excellent beds and pillows. Loved the free shuttle just wish it had expanded hours of operation and distance that it would go. Needs a breakfast spot nearby. Floors are thin...get a top floor room or you will really hear your upstairs neighbor. Street noise too. We were on the third floor. Large shower and bathroom by like most places needed more towels.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the review JimmJay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the amenities like the Keurig machine and the complimentary shuttle. We keep the shuttle heading to the local areas so that we can provide more runs and accommodate as many people as possible. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have enough towels. Please let us know by calling the front desk if you ever need more of anything. Towels, free waters, free coffee, free popcorn, etc. etc. We aim to please!
London
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Mostly excellent and very well located. The main negative was that the wifi was very unreliable, which is hopeless if you're travelling on business. My room was at the back and a little dark (and even at night the lighting in the room was poor). But the staff were very helpful and friendly and the room otherwise great- a good size, nicely decorated and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for joining us here at the Maxwell! I'm sorry to hear that the WiFi was unreliable. Our terrific IT team has worked hard to make sure that the hotel is completely covered and working properly. If you have a moment, please email me the room that you stayed in and I will work on the lighting and the WiFi issues. wbraden@staypineapple.com. Thank you for the review!
Newton, Kansas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I made reservations based on other reviews of the Maxwell and so glad I did. This little gem is not only beautiful inside, it is close great places to eat and just minutes away from the office building where we had a meeting scheduled.
The bed is THE MOST COMFORTABLE bed I've ever slept in. Typically, I struggle through the night with a mattress that is either too hard or too soft. Not so here. Coffee in the room was awesome and single brew.
The desk service was friendly too. Just loved the place and would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank juliev1953
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We truly appreciate you staying with us and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed all of the room amenities including the soft bed, the location, and the friendly staff. Come back soon!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager