“Modern and noisy”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Dublin, Ireland
“Modern and noisy”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A nice 3 stars hotel located in a quiet and safe area of the city few steps away from the Seattle center. My room was impressive, modern and clean with a small "coffee station" as a free extra that compensates a breakfast that could be improved. Great wifi signal and a professional and nice staff complete the pros of this hotel. What about the cons? I found the hotel quite noisy and my sleep was disturbed several times by some other guests having a chat in the corridor or by the housekeepers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea D
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for joining us all the way from Ireland. We appreciate the kind comments and are glad that you enjoyed the hotel. I'm so sorry that you didn't get very good sleep. We definitely want each of our guests to experience our comfortable beds and certainly get a some rest. We hope that we can have you back and put you up in a nice quiet room.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A little pricey, but well worth it especially considering parking was free. I've stayed in other comparable hotels in Seattle and always had to pay about $30 a night to park. It was free here, they offered shuttle service, and complimentary bike rentals. The room was clean and attractive. comfortable beds, nice tv, microwave, mini fridge, and even a Keurig. Can't go wrong! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cnmccurry
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Cnmccurry! Thank you for taking the drive up I-5 to see us from Oregon. I hope that your time in Seattle was terrific and we truly appreciate the review and kind words. We know that Seattle can get a little pricey in the late Spring and Summer but we try to have plenty of complimentary offerings to add some real value. Thank you for staying with us!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When booking our hotel in Seattle we chose the Maxwell based on location and images of the bedrooms. On arrival we were incredibly impressed by the reception area and fantastic service received. Our room was perfect and certainly rose above our expectations. Our bedrooms was large to say the least with a view of the iconic space needle. The bathroom was perfect including he fabulous shower along with the complementary toiletries.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grace B
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for joining us all the way from London! We truly appreciate you staying with us and are happy to have taken such great care of you. We hope to keep pampering our guests with complimentary amenities and great service for many years to come.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Right in the heart of Seattle Center. Clean, modern, comfortable and surprisingly affordable. Staff are helpful and there's a free shuttle to the infamous Pikes Place. The area has some nice cafés and restaurant
S.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill H
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for joining us all the way from Chicago! We love the review and we truly appreciate you staying with us. We will continue to do our best to take great care of you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I hate to be a sourpuss, but last night at the Maxwell was a nightmare. I have stayed here before, and it is a nice, kind of quirky place that is all about "pineapple power".

But last night SUCKED. The fire alarm woke me up in my 4rth floor room at 11:15 p.m. - excruciatingly loud. After a half hour I learned it was a false alarm affecting both the 4rth and 5th floors. But I learned this only because another customer told me. I went into the hall and the firemen were there, saying not to worry. I went back to the room, and the fire alarm continued!

At 12:45 I called downstairs to learn that they had no way to turn the fire alarm off. They told me to come down and change rooms. I packed, went downstairs, waited in line for another 20 minutes, only to be told that there were no more rooms.

Finally I took a taxi over to a sister hotel, the Five, and collapsed to sleep at 2:00. The hotel staff never contacted those of us who were on the affected floors, and were completely overwhelmed. They said that their fire alarm system had been sabotaged, and that was why they could not just turn it off. I felt bad for them, but this was a nightmare hotel experience for me. It makes me wonder how prepared this hotel would be for an actual emergency.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank joshhoytchicago
wbraden, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Mr. Hoyt,
We are terribly sorry for all of the trouble that night! Our emergency plan and systems functioned properly and the Fire Department responded right away to our system. The issue wasn't hotel safety but was a malfunctioning system as the Fire Department's approved silencing of the alarms did not work as planned. The issue is now corrected and this was a one time error. Once again, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience and we can understand how upsetting it was to you. We certainly only want our guests to have an enjoyable stay and we are extremely disappointed when this does not occur. Please contact me directly so that we can talk more about the issue and so that I can put your mind to ease about the Maxwell Hotel's safety protocols. wbraden@staypineapple.com.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is close to everything. 24 hour QFC and half a mile to the Space Needle. The rooms are spacious and I was a fan of the Keurig inside the room! Wonderful place to stay and the staff was awesome, also can't beat the underground garage. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AleSal2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay and I'm glad that the team took such great care of you. We definitely enjoy giving away free parking and Keurig coffee among other things. Next time come back and partake in our complimentary shuttle around town as well.
Bodicote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Maxwell was a great stay, staff were very friendly, room was in excellent condition, clean felt fresh, bed very comfortable, location is close to Space needle, and getting into Downtown is easy, neighbourhood is clean and we felt very safe walking around the area. Personally I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Trust the staff, they will not let you down!!