The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Carmel, Indiana
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this week and was very impressed with the service we received. The front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The room decor was modern and very clean. The hotel's location is great. It's walking distance from the Space Needle, Chihuly Museum (a must see!) and several other attractions. The hotel has a shuttle service that will take and pick you up from certain locations which came in handy. The complementary pineapple cupcakes are delicious! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Linda J
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Great review! Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind words. It sounds like you'll be back and we will definitely try our best to take great care of you.
All my best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Maxwell Hotel in Seattle for 3 nights at the start of May and were delighted with not only the hotel but also the excellent service provided by the staff.

We were booking last moment for an impromptu trip and discovered that if we booked with an external provider by credit card the price would be cheaper. As we prefered to pay on check out we called the hotel to see if they would match this. They matched the price and also deducted 10% for our trouble. I hate asking for stuff like this but the guy on the phone was super friendly and helpful and made me feel like a valued customer.

On arriving at the hotel (early) check in was quick and we were able to check in straight away. There were plenty of staff on hand to answer any questions in spite of it being busy with guests checking out.

The room was immaculate with free tea/coffee and microwave popcorn. A fridge and a microwave in the room which were also spotless and a HUGE kingsize bed that was possibly one of the comfiest beds i've ever slept in. We had a nice view of the space needle in spite of being on a lower floor and the room had a charming and quirky feel to it.

The free shuttle was really handy with one leaving every half hour and we only once couldn't book the time we wanted. Every day at around 3:30 there was free coffee and little pineapple cakes in the lobby which i thought was a really nice touch too.

We ate in the bar and the service in there was just as good as in the hotel and the food wasn't bad either.

All in all a really positive experience, I would definitely stay here again/recommend this to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this great review and I'm thrilled that the team took such great care of you! It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we definitely love to hear this. We are here for you if you ever decide to come back to Seattle.
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed here three nights on our road trip to Seattle. The price was perfect for a place that is a little different than a regular hotel. Somehow, I was got the responsibility of booking everything so my Husband had no idea what to expect and was really really happy. I love the bag of popcorn in the room as a little extra touch. We rented movies from the front desk and had breakfast everyday at the little kiosk cafe. I had the best yogurt parfait I will ever have from that cafe. The Rock, the attached restaurant, my Husband loved, and I disliked, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the hotel.
The room was super cute and the bed was really comfortable. In fact, I never got to watch the movies we rented because two nights in a row I fell asleep ten minutes in. The staff were friendly and I would definitely stay again. The only issue I have was with the view. We stayed in the Aria King Suite which boasts that you can "relax and enjoy views of Queen Anne Hill" as per their website. We were on the second floor so my "view" was eye level with the Thai restaurant next door. I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment. But it was still a wonderful stay and we would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: If you want any type of view with your "room with a view" be sure to request a higher floo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad that you were pleasantly surprised and that you enjoyed the hotel and the super comfy beds. Let me know when you are coming next time and I'll get you up on a higher floor to get that view.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

So hotels are sometimes just hotels. BUT when we stayed here on our 6 day Washington ---> Oregon extravaganza trip, the hubster and I kept noticing the special touches that seem to set this hotel apart from other hotels. So here they are (in no particular order):

1. They have super cute yellow bikes that you can borrow for free.
2. They have free parking (AND free wifi).
3. They have coffee and cupcakes in the lobby in the afternoon.
4. There is a giant yellow umbrella in your room for you to use (because it's rainy in Seattle. Except not during our trip. Even though I bought rain boots just for this trip. Come on weather.com.)
5. They have a microwave (AND microwaveable popcorn) in your room.
6. Speaking of the room, there was this truly adorable chandelier wall paper on one of the wall. Kinda cheered things up a bit.
7. Speaking of cheeriness, the hotel was nicely designed - kind modern, but... Well, cheery.
8. Other stuff: Keurig in the room (I know everyone does this, but I like it, ok?), fridge, safe
9. Oh, and check-out was at 12! And you don't even have to ask for late checkout. It's just later.
10. Location was great. We walked to Chihuly. We walked to EMP. We walked to the needle. We walked to Toulouse Petit. And! They had a shuttle! Which we didn't use. But they said they could take you places if you want.

Basically: the price was right but the details were great. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matanitravels
Thank you for this wonderful review. We truly appreciate it and we are glad that you enjoyed all of the complimentary services and offerings. We hope that you make this an annual trip. We'll take great care of you!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A nice 3 stars hotel located in a quiet and safe area of the city few steps away from the Seattle center. My room was impressive, modern and clean with a small "coffee station" as a free extra that compensates a breakfast that could be improved. Great wifi signal and a professional and nice staff complete the pros of this hotel. What about the cons? I found the hotel quite noisy and my sleep was disturbed several times by some other guests having a chat in the corridor or by the housekeepers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea D
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for joining us all the way from Ireland. We appreciate the kind comments and are glad that you enjoyed the hotel. I'm so sorry that you didn't get very good sleep. We definitely want each of our guests to experience our comfortable beds and certainly get a some rest. We hope that we can have you back and put you up in a nice quiet room.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A little pricey, but well worth it especially considering parking was free. I've stayed in other comparable hotels in Seattle and always had to pay about $30 a night to park. It was free here, they offered shuttle service, and complimentary bike rentals. The room was clean and attractive. comfortable beds, nice tv, microwave, mini fridge, and even a Keurig. Can't go wrong! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cnmccurry
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Cnmccurry! Thank you for taking the drive up I-5 to see us from Oregon. I hope that your time in Seattle was terrific and we truly appreciate the review and kind words. We know that Seattle can get a little pricey in the late Spring and Summer but we try to have plenty of complimentary offerings to add some real value. Thank you for staying with us!
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

When booking our hotel in Seattle we chose the Maxwell based on location and images of the bedrooms. On arrival we were incredibly impressed by the reception area and fantastic service received. Our room was perfect and certainly rose above our expectations. Our bedrooms was large to say the least with a view of the iconic space needle. The bathroom was perfect including he fabulous shower along with the complementary toiletries.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grace B
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for joining us all the way from London! We truly appreciate you staying with us and are happy to have taken such great care of you. We hope to keep pampering our guests with complimentary amenities and great service for many years to come.