“The small details”

Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
durham, nc
“The small details”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I knew I'd made a nice find when I saw the complimentary microwavable popcorn alongside the selection of coffees and real half&half being chilled in the refrigerator. Unfortunately, the guests in the room above me are heavy walkers and the uncarpeted floors in the rooms provided me with an early walk up call. The staff are helpful, the rooms clean and the location convenient. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Perhaps not one that runs alongside the street ...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank buster2210
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello buster2210! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we are definitely proud to offer great in-room amenities. I'm truly sorry about the noisy guests above you and please let me know if you plan to stay again and we will put you up on a higher floor.
Very best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights, great location, everywhere walkable, so didn't need the shuttle service.
Super size room overlooking the Space Needle with good quality amenities. Did have an issue with the fire alarm going off at 6.30am with the normal question of whether it was for real or not which took a time to relay back to the guests. Thankfully a false alarm, but apparently they had been having previous problems that as yet hadn't been sorted. Sadly too late by then to sleep again, but hey, an early start to explore the lovely city of Seattle !
Would recommend having breakfast out as the offering in the lobby is somewhat limited. But all in all would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the tremendous review. We are glad that you explored the city and enjoyed the quality amenities in the room and hotel. We are terrible sorry about the false alarm in the morning and we have since corrected the issue.
All my best, Woody Braden
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights. There is off-street parking (for free - but not many spaces) and they allow pets in certain rooms for a cleaning fee. I had two small dogs. The hotel is walking distance from all of the attractions near the Space Needle and not too far from the area near the water. I use a manual wheelchair and I am able to push around to the many restaurants nearby. There is just about everything. also very close to the bus that can take you to the University area. I have stayed in Seattle many times and this was a great spot. It is relatively new construction. The only bad thing is that the rooms are not as sound proof as I would expect. The folks above us were doing gymnastics and mad a lot of noise. There is a brewpub in the hotel and one next door. I thought it was a good deal for the $$. Folks at the desk were great and helpful with anything. The handicapped accessible room I had was excellent - with a nice shower.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for joining us from Portland and I'm glad that we were able to take great care of you. It sounds like the ADA room suited you well and that it was easy to get around town from our location. I will thank the front desk for being great and we certainly hope to see you again soon.
All my best, Woody
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at the Maxwell five times now and have never been disappointed.

Check-in is a breeze, I love the free parking garage, and the lobby is fantastic.

The rooms are beautiful, colorful, and huge for a city hotel (or any hotel, actually). The beds and bedding are very nice, upgraded and comfortable. The bathrooms are oversized, with nice towels and great bath products. Each room had a Keurig machine with coffee and tea options and they bring you a complimentary water bottle each day of your stay.

The hotel does a coffee and cupcake happy hour, has bikes you can rent, umbrellas you can borrow and a free shuttle van to the tourist areas.

I love being in Queen Anne. A short walk to everywhere, even downtown or the waterfront. Really great restaurants in the area (Toulouse Petite and Paggliaccis come to mind), very nice grocery stores if you need something. I feel so safe in the area--it's beautiful. A quick 3 block walk to the monorail station and you're at the mall downtown in just a few minutes for about $2. But again, the shuttle is free to the exact same location.

• Stayed May 2014
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
We are so happy to keep you coming back and excited to stay with us. We will continue to do so!
All my best, Woody Braden
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room was spacious, very clean, and modern looking. Lovely decor. Everything looks new in the room, which was nice. I like the fact that our room had a Keurig machine, complimentary popcorn and k-cups. Nice touch.

Service was great. The staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. We had a few hiccups but the problem was fixed promptly without any inconvenience to us.

Location wise, it is not super because it is far from Pike Place Market and downtown restaurants. It is within walking distance of the Space Needle though. But if you like staying in an area where it is quiet, not too busy, and close to restaurants, this hotel is perfect for that. There are multiple restaurants in the vicinity with a great variety of food - Thai, Japanese, American, Indian, French, etc. It's also not busy or crazy like downtown or Pike Place.

They do have a shuttle bus service that runs every half-hour. It takes you to and back from major locations downtown. The shuttle service runs till 5:30 pm so not super great if you want to stay out longer. On the positive side, the hotel is within a 5-8 mins walking distance from the monorail, which runs till 11:00 pm. We took it often and didn't find it to be a terrible hassle.

The shuttle bus driver, Eric, is just an awesome guy. He is friendly, funny, and very knowledgeable. He is one of those guys who takes pride in knowing the city well. He is also one of the reasons why I'm rating this hotel well because he goes out of his way to provide great service for the guests taking his bus.

Overall, we had a good experience. Service and cleanliness of the hotel (and Im extremely picky when it comes to that) went beyond my expectations. The hotel had a cozy feel to it. I would definitely stay in this hotel again the next time we visit Seattle!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler_MC33
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room, the friendly staff, and the great shuttle driver, Eric. I will make sure and personally thank him for his kind and helpful service.
All my best, Woody
Spokane, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family of 4 stayed here over Memorial weekend and booked 2 rooms. We travel a lot and have stayed in Seattle many times. The best part about this hotel is the friendly, helpful, and polite, employees (from the maids, to the front desk workers, to the shuttle driver). I have found that the way I am treated influences my perception of a whole hotel and how I view the area I have visited. The Maxwell did a great job!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JMom_13
Thank you for the great review! It makes me happy to hear the staff get so much praise and that you enjoyed your stay. It truly is our number one priority. Enjoy your summer!
Warm regards, Woody Braden
New Mexico
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a rental car so I called ahead of time and asked if they had parking I was told the hotel has free parking and thered be no problems with parking. Reality, the hotel has hundred+ rooms and maybe 40+- parking spaces. So I get there with this rental car and there is no promised free parking. Parking in Seattle is a nightmare, had to use a parking garagr away from hotel that charged $20.00. Next off hotel refused to imburse me for parking charges. This hotel is really clean and has a great location, thats literally all I can say it has going for it. I felt like I was stranded with a car I couldnt put anywhere and a room I couldnt get to because I was stuck driving around looking for parking. The hotel staff lied about parking to get my business like scam artists, if they were honest theyd of said more than likely we wont have parking spaces. Then I walked through and observed vehicles without parking passes and I was told by staff that they went through lot and all vehicles had passes. I tried their coffee shop once too and it was bad. For the price it was horrible.

Hello ShakoNM. I'm terribly sorry for the lack of communication about the parking. We are one of the few hotels that offer complimentary parking and we do so at a first come, first serve basis. Other hotels in Seattle charge as much as $50 per night for parking. We have over 80 spots for our guests but on busy nights, especially weekends, it can get full. I'm so sorry that we weren't able to take better care of you and I'm truly sorry that you felt like someone lied to you. This would never be our policy or customer service standard. I would be happy to work something out with you to make you happy. Please contact me at wbraden@staypineapple.com.
My regards, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager