“Great location, excellent service”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful 3 day stay at this hotel. The location was perfect for us - within walking distance from Seattle center and Queen Anne eateries and on a quiet street. Staff was helpful, efficient, and friendly. Having also stayed at other comparable hotels (Mariott ) during this week, I can vouch for the quality of service and level of hospitality at Maxwell as top notch. We are sure to come back for a future stay here.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sanji D
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments and great feedback! We truly enjoy hearing how fantastic each guest's stay was and we want to make each stay better than the last.
All my best, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was traveling with a large group from many different countries. From the moment we walked in the door, we received friendly and helpful attention. Not easy, with so many people and so many different needs. Some of us were initially hesitant about the hotel's location, but quickly saw how convenient it is to both downtown and the great neighborhood of Queen Anne. We appreciated being close to the local scene and a bit out of the rush of downtown. All of the staff I came in contact with, from house-cleaning and maintenance to the late night front desk manager, were all personable and helpful. The hotel is clean and well maintained, bed was comfortable, refrig and microwave in rooms, free wifi, lobby with lots of seating and some free parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WideWorldGirl

It's great to hear from you! I'm glad that the staff went above and beyond to take tremendous care of you. We truly strive for excellence! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

While in Seattle before heading on a cruise, we stayed at the Maxwell Hotel. The location was super convenient since it was just a few blocks away from the Space Needle and Monorail. The hotel was very stylish. I loved all the colors and patterns throughout the lobby and the rest of the hotel. The staff was very friendly. The room was very comfortable. There is a good restaurant downstairs attached and a little coffee/pastry counter in the lobby.

My only complaints are very minor. The first is that we were placed in a handicap room. The only problem with this is in the bathroom. Each time we took a shower water ended up all over the bathroom floor. There were plenty of extra towels, but I felt bad using most of them to soak up the water.

The 2nd complaint is that HGTV and Food Network didn't come in very well on the TV. We don't have cable at home so I like to indulge a little before bed when staying at a hotel. But out of all the channels they offered, those two did not have good reception. Like I said...not a major complaint.

The hotel offers both bike rentals and a shuttle service. We didn't take advantage of either, but it was nice to know it was there just in case.

1  Thank Kristen T
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We are always thrilled to have pre and post cruisers stay with us. I hope that the Alaskan cruise was all that you thought it would be! I'm sorry for the water on the floor in the ADA room. It's a roll in shower to make it accessible to a wheelchair and please feel free to use the towels. We want to make it easy for you and we have plenty of conservation efforts in place to counterbalance this. I'm also sorry for the TV channels not coming in properly. I'll look into this immediately.
Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Overall the hotel is great. Location, 5 minutes walk to space needle and pacific center. You can even have 30 minutes walk to downtown through 4th avenue if you wish to. Around the hotel got plenty of options of restaurants.

Hotel provides shuttle bus to downtown tourist spots like Pike Place Market, Wesk lake center. On the day we check out there was traffic jam that their shuttle bus could not return to the hotel on time to pick us up, and they eventually called us a CAP and paid for the CAP fee. Impressive. Hotel staff are helpful and friendly.

Room is clean. We had been arranged a big room which with disable facilities i believe. PROS for this room is big enough..but CONS is the bathing room... after you took a shower half of the floor will get wet in the washroom... that because nothing to separate the shower place and the rest of washroom but only a curtain.

Another CONS for the room is we can totally heard peoples talking in the next room, and their baby crying at night make us awake.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! We are glad that you enjoyed the area, the large room, and the complimentary shuttle. I'm sorry for the issue with traffic but I'm glad that we were able to pay for the taxi. I'm also sorry for the noise from the crying baby in the room next door. We know how important a good night's sleep is.
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I would suggest requesting a room with a view. We had a high floor room with a view of the space needle. Staff was very helpful. I would single out the shuttle driver as exceptional. He was always friendly and willing to help in any way.

1  Thank gscs76
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for the letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. The view rooms are definitely worth the little bit extra. I will personally thank the shuttle driver for his exceptional service.
Take care! - Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2014

People staying here ask "What kind of bed is that?" so often the information is kept at the front desk. A good night's sleep is THE most important part of a hotel stay and that is well done at this hotel. Add in an excellent location, clean, comfortable rooms, and accommodating, service and this is as close to perfect in downtown Seattle as you can find. They even have a free shuttle (Although it is an easy walk) to take you to the space needle and other attractions within a limited radius of the hotel. Keep in mind though, the shuttle should be reserved and if you arrive late as we did, not all times will be available. The only improvement I would suggest would be moving the yummy little pineapple coconut muffins offered in the evening to being moved to part of a small continental breakfast in the morning. The little snack shop in the lobby doesn't cut it. The town car company that works with the hotel made getting from the airport to the hotel and hotel to pier very easy and convenient. I only wish we had time to stay longer.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and found it to be very quiet that way.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMaven2u

We love to hear how comfortable the bed is! Thank you for leaving the review and for your comments. We are here to take the very best care of you and I'm glad that we succeeded.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I really wanted a comfortable, boutique hotel with a Seattle vibe for my family. I got that and so much more. Location was great too!
Our room was large, two queens and a pull out couch. Perfect for my family of five! The beds were incredibly comfortable! I don't think I've written those exact words, ever, for any hotel review!
The hotel had a very cool vibe to it! The room, lobby and interior were well appointed! The amenities were bountiful. An indoor pool, a gym, complimentary afternoon cupcakes and Seattle coffee. A shuttle service handy for sightseeing, and covered garage parking.
Attached was an excellent pizza restaurant in which we had lunch one afternoon. The surrounding neighborhood was quaint and very close to the Needle. Fabulous hotel personnel, who were very helpful in making our stay
fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mh3boys
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the vibe! It sounds like you loved the stay and we would love to welcome you back anytime.