“Very Good”

Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Would recommend for visitors to Seattle. Service is good and with a smile. Rooms clean, Parking free. WIFI free. Attached restaurant is great for a family dinner. Its location is good, right next to the Seattle Centre / Space Needle etc. Plenty of pubs and bars in the locale. I would give 4.5 but there were a couple of niggles (1) Rooms can take until 5pm to be serviced if your on a multi day stay. Wasn't told this until I enquired at reception and was promptly told if I wanted my room prioritised I should have spoken with reception! How could I if I didn't know? (2) Free shuttle bus is a great idea but I tried twice to book my family on it the night before travelling and couldn't get on it to mid-morning when half the day was gone. (3) Pretty limited breakfast service. That's no big deal , but, its not obvious from the website or literature. Some may assume that the adjoining restaurant will be open for breakfast? (4) Asked for our sofa bed to be made up for my daughter on the first night, housekeeping turned up and handed me the bedding. DIY!!

I don't want to focus on the negatives, just offering some thoughts to get that final half star.

Its a great hotel..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for the detailed review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry for the late housekeeping service. The team works a normal 8am to 5pm day so we just meant that if you wanted the service to be at a specific time then please let us know and we would take care of it right away. We just wanted to make it easier for you!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
La Crescenta
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights. Both of our large rooms included two very comfortable beds! The front desk staff (Lakeisha?) was extremely helpful as we checked in after our cruise. Hotel is only a few blocks from the Space Needle and other attractions. Rooms were very nice and included a coffee maker and other nice items. We took the free shuttle to Pikes Market! Would definitely go back to the Maxwell!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! I will personally thank Latesha for her hard work and for taking such great care of you. We love taking care of our pre and post cruisers!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great hotel, great location. The hotel itself is great, clean, good service. Free wifi that actually works. But to find a hotel in the city that actually includes free parking? That is almost extinct. Nice to stay in a place that isn't trying to double your room rate one amenity at a time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alice J
Thank you for the review! We try to offer as many amenities on a complimentary basis and I'm glad that you enjoyed them. We hope to have you back with us soon!
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely and clean accommodations in a convenient location for sightseeing although those with a car will have to endure some major traffic construction/congestion. We especially appreciated the free wi-fi (no connection issues for us) and free on-site parking as we were there 9 nights. Noise was only an issue one night when teenagers were running up and down the hall after midnight; otherwise it was very quiet and we slept soundly. Our bathroom was huge and the room spacious (2 queen size beds). We didn't use the pool or exercise room so I can't comment on those. My only suggestion would be to add space for a simple breakfast. There is a coffee stand in the lobby that sells a few assorted pastries and bagels, but the poor barista is completely overwhelmed when the pre-cruise folks try to use it as a full-service breakfast spot, particularly if it's grandparents traveling with several young grandchildren. The line was long and the wait for a simple cup of coffee was 15-20 minutes several days of my stay. There is a wonderful cafe a short 2 blocks away that I wish I would have discovered sooner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rs37064
We are glad that you enjoyed the lovely accommodations and the large room. We aim to please!
I'm so sorry to hear about the wait for the Pineapple Espresso stand. We have Keurig coffee makers in each room with complimentary regular and decaf coffee and real cream in the refrigerators so that our guests can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee on us anytime.
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Maxwell for the first time and loved the ambience and great service. We had a great view from the room (requested based on TA recs!) and there are so many things to see within walking distance of the hotel. The restaurant/bar has a great selection if local brews and fab pizza. The hotel was immaculate and pet friendly, which is a must for us. Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed June 2014
We can't wait to have you back with us! Thank you so much for staying with us and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! Top notch service, accommodations, location. I like a hotel that doesn't nickel and dime me to death. Free wifi and parking are just two reasons why I love the maxwell. May seem petty but when that bill comes it's nice to see a room charge + tax and nothing else. Comfy and clean rooms with great finishings. Super quiet too. I look forward to staying here again!!

Stayed June 2014
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I'm glad that the team took such great care of you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love offering complimentary parking, water/coffee/tea in the rooms, WiFi, shuttle, etc. It really does add a lot. We would love to have you back!
Warm regards, Woody Braden
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very eclectic, clean, friendly. Only wish we could have stayed longer. The room we had was huge. Included a little kitchenette and sitting room. Bed's were super comfortable too. View was great out our window but really would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We got a suite. Not sure how that happened but it was way cool. If you get a chance for a suite, t...