“Beautiful hotel in great location”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #12 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for five nights and loved it. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is just blocks from the Space Needle and lots of restaurants and museums. The monorail stop is also located right next to the Space Needle so getting downtown is really quick and easy. Not that you need the monorail to take you there-you can easily walk from the hotel. It obviously takes longer but if the weather is nice it's a great way to see more of the city.

The hotel also has an espresso bar with light snacks and a pizza restaurant attached. There are complimentary cupcakes in the afternoon as well as popcorn in the rooms. You can even rent bikes for free and ride around the city!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your room, the location, and the complimentary bikes! We aim to please. Come back soon!
All my best, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,897)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall, this was a very nice hotel -- rooms were clean, with a microwave, fridge, and coffee-maker. There was also free wi-fi, a free business center with two computers, delicious cupcakes and coffee in the lobby from 3-7 p.m., a (small) exercise room (though no free weights), a very small indoor pool, free parking, and a van that will take you on demand to various locations around town. It was conveniently located within walking distance of the Space Needle, science museum, and other attractions, and around the corner from a decent "24-hour" grocery store (which oddly appeared to be closed when we went by around 12:30 a.m. Sunday). Downsides: our view was pretty awful -- the parking lot and some boarded-up apartment buildings. Also, one morning that courtesy van mentioned above seemed to be doing some kind of parking exercise and kept endlessly backing up and beeping. The desk clerks were very friendly but not very helpful if you wanted advice about going anywhere outside of the city (when I asked about going to Mount Rainier, the clerk started looking it up on Google), or advice on traffic detours. And finally, while I'm all in favor of a "green" hotel, this place went a little bit far -- there were no shower curtains on the shower (although this didn't actually cause a flood on the floor because of the shower design), and no written list of amenities ("if you want to know the pool hours or anything else, just call and ask -- we don't do paper"). But despite those minor irritations, I would definitely recommend this hotel -- it had a lot to offer!

Room Tip: Ask for one *without* a view of the parking lot!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review of the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed all of the great amenities and the free parking. We definitely try to be green friendly and the front desk is available at any time 24 hours a day for questions.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in an Ensemble Suite. The room was just what we needed for our family of 5. My husband and older boys enjoyed the bikes for getting around. Hotel staff were always friendly and happy to help. Pool is small, but there. This hotel is in a great location, just outside of the noise of the city but close enough to enjoy all of Seattle's best spots. It's an easy walk to the Seattle center, monorail terminal, and Space Needle. While there is a view of the Space Needle, you just have to look through some street wires and over a parking garage! Not a big deal.

1  Thank Holly F

I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family in the Ensemble Suite. It really has a great layout for a room. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Would recommend for visitors to Seattle. Service is good and with a smile. Rooms clean, Parking free. WIFI free. Attached restaurant is great for a family dinner. Its location is good, right next to the Seattle Centre / Space Needle etc. Plenty of pubs and bars in the locale. I would give 4.5 but there were a couple of niggles (1) Rooms can take until 5pm to be serviced if your on a multi day stay. Wasn't told this until I enquired at reception and was promptly told if I wanted my room prioritised I should have spoken with reception! How could I if I didn't know? (2) Free shuttle bus is a great idea but I tried twice to book my family on it the night before travelling and couldn't get on it to mid-morning when half the day was gone. (3) Pretty limited breakfast service. That's no big deal , but, its not obvious from the website or literature. Some may assume that the adjoining restaurant will be open for breakfast? (4) Asked for our sofa bed to be made up for my daughter on the first night, housekeeping turned up and handed me the bedding. DIY!!

I don't want to focus on the negatives, just offering some thoughts to get that final half star.

Its a great hotel..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for the detailed review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry for the late housekeeping service. The team works a normal 8am to 5pm day so we just meant that if you wanted the service to be at a specific time then please let us know and we would take care of it right away. We just wanted to make it easier for you!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights. Both of our large rooms included two very comfortable beds! The front desk staff (Lakeisha?) was extremely helpful as we checked in after our cruise. Hotel is only a few blocks from the Space Needle and other attractions. Rooms were very nice and included a coffee maker and other nice items. We took the free shuttle to Pikes Market! Would definitely go back to the Maxwell!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review! I will personally thank Latesha for her hard work and for taking such great care of you. We love taking care of our pre and post cruisers!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great hotel, great location. The hotel itself is great, clean, good service. Free wifi that actually works. But to find a hotel in the city that actually includes free parking? That is almost extinct. Nice to stay in a place that isn't trying to double your room rate one amenity at a time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice J

Thank you for the review! We try to offer as many amenities on a complimentary basis and I'm glad that you enjoyed them. We hope to have you back with us soon!
Warm regards, Woody Braden

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely and clean accommodations in a convenient location for sightseeing although those with a car will have to endure some major traffic construction/congestion. We especially appreciated the free wi-fi (no connection issues for us) and free on-site parking as we were there 9 nights. Noise was only an issue one night when teenagers were running up and down the hall after midnight; otherwise it was very quiet and we slept soundly. Our bathroom was huge and the room spacious (2 queen size beds). We didn't use the pool or exercise room so I can't comment on those. My only suggestion would be to add space for a simple breakfast. There is a coffee stand in the lobby that sells a few assorted pastries and bagels, but the poor barista is completely overwhelmed when the pre-cruise folks try to use it as a full-service breakfast spot, particularly if it's grandparents traveling with several young grandchildren. The line was long and the wait for a simple cup of coffee was 15-20 minutes several days of my stay. There is a wonderful cafe a short 2 blocks away that I wish I would have discovered sooner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rs37064

We are glad that you enjoyed the lovely accommodations and the large room. We aim to please!
I'm so sorry to hear about the wait for the Pineapple Espresso stand. We have Keurig coffee makers in each room with complimentary regular and decaf coffee and real cream in the refrigerators so that our guests can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee on us anytime.