“Great Value for the Rate we scored”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #12 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fourth of July weeekend I could barely find a rate under $400 anywhere in the city. The Maxwell was advertising web rates in the $200 range and I was ok with maybe or maybe not having a view for the amount of time we spend in a room.... Then we ended up with a gorgeous shot of the Space Needle! Room was spacious, comfortable and modern, with a bit of a W vibe and a great assortment of on property amenities like bar, espresso bar, bike rental and parking. And at a 5 minute walking distance from the Space Needle and Seattle Center you can't beat this location!! This place is definitely a hidden little jem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We are thrilled to be the hidden gem! Thank you for staying with us and we will be here for the next time around.
All my best, Woody Braden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,893)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was clean, the front desk employees were friendly and helpful, and it was within easy walking distance to Seattle Center. My daughter enjoyed a run along Elliot Bay in the morning, while I trailed her on one of the hotel's free bicycles -- what fun! My husband (all of us, really) fell in love with their wonderful cupcakes that seemed to be available whenever we were in the lobby. We stayed in 6 hotels in 7 days on this trip -- the Maxwell was probably our most positive experience.

1  Thank MidwstrnTrvlr

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and review! We truly are proud that we were your favorite out of the six hotels that you stayed at. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family stayed at The Maxwell for just one night prior to taking a cruise out of Seattle's Port 91. Just a note, the hotel is not in the downtown area in the middle of all activity. It is in the Queen Anne neighborhood, which is near the Space Needle and more subdued. If you're cruising out of Pier 91, your drive to the port is just a few minutes. The hotel is beautifully decorated and warm. Check in and check out were quick and the people at the front desk were extremely nice. Our room, a double queen, was also decorated nicely and had beds that were quite soft and comfortable. The restaurant in the lobby had more than just pizza and the food was fine for one night. The hotel doesn't have a shuttle that goes to the pier, but they recommended a transport service, Kale, that picked us and other pier travelers up at our pre-designated time.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back of the property. Our stay was just for one night so it wasn't a problem...
3  Thank DebbieWellington_FL
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us! We hope that your cruise was amazing. We are definitely just a mile from downtown and have a complimentary shuttle that can take you to the downtown area. We hope that you come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I travelled with my husband and 17 year old son, and stayed 5 nights at the Maxwell. It is a lovely,quirky hotel with free bikes, free shuttle into the centre of the city, beautiful cupcakes (and coffee) for a few hours each afternoon, a nice little bar in the foyer, and it is easy walking distance to many of the local attractions - Space Needle, EMP Museum, Monorail, and the musical fountains in the Pacific Centre. The room was spacious, very clean and perfectly adequate for our needs.
Our only less than positive experience was in using the laundry service. While the clothes were returned clean and pressed, it was very expensive, and we were overcharged for items that weren't cleaned and wrongly charged for other items. The Maxwell staff rang the laundry on our behalf and we were credited for the difference, but I would certainly not use that laundry company again. Other than that, we would happily recommend the Maxwell, and would return there ourselves in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and there wasn't too much road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We love having international travelers stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the laundry service. When we looked at the receipt, they had just labeled items differently and they couldn't clean one item due to a tear. They've done a pretty great job for us but we are definitely sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Maxwell pre-cruise. It was a really nice hotel. I think the staff -were very attentive when we arrived. They arranged all of our transportation to the venues around the city. It was a short walk to the space needle, monorail and plenty of food venues within a short walk.

The room was spacious and clean. I thought the shower was a little different - no shower curtain but the layout made it very functional.The bathroom was large for a hotel bathroom and I could share the space with my husband easily.

After our cruise the bonus was our luggage was held for us until we were scheduled to go to the airport....NICE!

Next time you come to Seattle - take a bit of the Pineapple - you should be happy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review! We are grateful that you chose us before and also after your cruise. We have a great location to get to the cruise terminals. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My daughter was visiting from Oahu and asked if all the "girls" could have an overnight adventure in Seattle. Although this is my autistic granddaughter favorite hotel, I looked at other options but found this to be the best as we would have needed 2 rooms at any other comparable venue. Our suite was huge and sleep all 5 of us in comfy beds. The bathroom had not only a large Jacuzzi Tub but also a shower. Housekeeping was there immediately upon our entering the room to make sure we had everything we needed.

I would personally like to thank everyone at the "Pineapple" (as my granddaughter calls it) for making this such a wonderful stay. A special thanks to the kind, caring manager and the wonderful bartender during happy hour. You truly know the meaning of Hospitality (plus your pineapple cupcakes are darn good). Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: If you would like a Space Needle view, ask for a higher floor. Most rooms seemed to be very quiet b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for coming to stay with us and allowing us to be part of your mini family reunion. Come back to the Pineapple anytime!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for five nights and loved it. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is just blocks from the Space Needle and lots of restaurants and museums. The monorail stop is also located right next to the Space Needle so getting downtown is really quick and easy. Not that you need the monorail to take you there-you can easily walk from the hotel. It obviously takes longer but if the weather is nice it's a great way to see more of the city.

The hotel also has an espresso bar with light snacks and a pizza restaurant attached. There are complimentary cupcakes in the afternoon as well as popcorn in the rooms. You can even rent bikes for free and ride around the city!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your room, the location, and the complimentary bikes! We aim to please. Come back soon!