The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$304
US$241
US$544
US$526
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$321
US$306
Travelocity
2,938 results
All reviewscupcakespineappleseattle centerspace needlerock restaurantfree shuttlequeen annemicrowave popcornhardwood floorstommy bahamatoulouse petitdvd playerwalk in showerevery afternoonkerry parkwalking distancecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went there for work purposes, and I enjoyed my two weeks stay at Maxwell. Clean, tidy, friendly, and helpful staff. Location is perfect.

Hint: you MUST try the oven pizza down stairs, and enjoy the whiskey menu.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maestro G
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We were glad to have you for an extended stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we definitely hope that work brings you back around. I'll thank the Rock for serving tasty food!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really liked this hotel....especially since the price here was so much more reasonable than most places in Seattle! The staff was friendly (special shout out to Joe, in the bar!), the room was super clean, the bathroom was large, the beds were fabulously comfortable, and I loved the Tommy Bahama bath products! My only complaints were that the bedside alarm rang early in the morning (the maids should always check that they are turned off from the previous guests), and the equipment in the fitness center was strangely ancient...I felt like I wandered into someone's basement in the seventies! Although the location wasn't central to the touristy downtown area, it was an easy walk across the street to the Space Needle, and then a quick ride on the monorail to downtown, so it was really convenient....especially if you are leaving from the cruise ship port.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that you enjoyed the comfortable bed, great bath products, and large bathroom. I'm so sorry about the alarm going off. The standard is definitely to check this each and every time.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful upscale boutique hotel with a wonderful, friendly staff. Spent two nights here after our cruise, and were delighted with the accommodations. Lots of nice amenities including free bottled water, coffee in the room, tasty cupcakes in the afternoon, and very nice bath products. Also, there is a complimentary shuttle for use to attractions in the surrounding areas. Great location which is in walking distance to Seattle City Center, Space Needle and museums. The "Rock" restaurant and bar has a vast menu with lots of tasty dishes and generous portions at reasonable prices. Excellent Pizza and they also have a Happy Hour. If we ever have the opportunity to return to Seattle gain, would not hesitate to stay at the Maxwell.

Room Tip: requested room with a view prior to our stay, and we were accommodated. Very nice room on the 4th floor with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

What a great review! We truly appreciate all of the cruise travelers and hear that the Alaskan cruise is unbelievably beautiful. We'll keep all of the complimentary offerings and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Seattle in May for a little birthday/ballgame getaway. We chose the Maxwell based partly on location and partly because of all of the great TripAdvisor reviews. We could not have been more glad we did. From beginning to end, it was one of the best holidays and hotel experiences we've had. It began when we arrived early in the morning, before check-in and before our room was ready. We were exhausted and in need of a nap but thought we'd go for a walk around the neighbourhood. The incredibly friendly desk staff were more than happy to check our bags and offer to try and get us a room as soon as possible. Before we had left, though, we were informed that there was a King room available -- not what we had ordered but they would upgrade us for free. The room was amazing -- uber clean, large, with a nice view. And that set the tone for the rest of our stay, with the staff always smiling and ready with a hello. The restaurant downstairs -- not, apparently affiliated with the Maxwell -- is a funky pizza place and lounge, where the bartender was more than happy to switch a TV for a Canuck jonesing for some playoff hockey. And the rest of the neighbourhood? Two-minute walk to Seattle Center (Space Needle, Experience Music, etc.), 25-minute walk to downtown and Pikes, 50-60 minute walk to Safeco. But, truthfully, you might not even want to venture out of Lower Queen Anne as it has lots of excellent restaurants and bars. In fact, our dinner at Toulouse Petit (five-ten minute walk from the hotel) ranks as one of the best meals I've ever had. So great was our stay in Seattle and at the Maxwell that I'm returning again in September as a double-bday trip with my son to take in our first NFL game. Can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B

Thank you for letting us know how you and your girlfriend's trip went. I'm so proud that the team took such great care of you and I'm thrilled that you will be coming back to see the Seahawks play. We'll plan to take great care of you then as well.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is a gem. I cannot say enough good things about it. The location is right across the street from the space needle. Great location. I researched hotels downtown, which were much more expensive than this one and you had to pay for parking and wifi. The rooms are beautiful, clean, modern and very comfortable. The bed is extremely comfortable. The service was impeccable. The staff is extremely helpful and always smiling. Free parking, free wi-fi and cupcakes in the afternoon. This is a fairly new hotel. Kudos to the owners a well-run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pattih61458

Our owner is a wonderful woman who cares deeply about service and about each guest. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Very best, Woody Braden