“Great Stay”

Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Brookfield
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a week last August Great place to stay. Room was very clean and friendly service. Free Starbucks and awesome cupcakes every day. Close to a lot of things that we did. you have to take a cab to pikes market but we did walk there, I don't know how long it took because we stopped at several places on the way. We would definitely Stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff4780
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for the review! It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back.
All my best, Woody Braden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

They sit on a pretty table in the lobby in the afternoon next to a floral arrangement and free coffee. They are pineapple and they are really good.. Suddenly, we are happy! OK, maybe it's not just the cupcakes. I have never encountered a more up-beat knowledgeable staff, willing to make recommendations. Our first contact was with Davis at the front desk, and we thought, "This guy is really on the ball." We subsequently realized that everyone is on the ball - Mr. Jones (who makes great coffee, front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping, the shuttle driver - everyone. Speaking of the hotel shuttle, it runs frequently, and will drop you off and pick you up at popular visitor sites. For longer distances, (like the airport), the staff arranged for a car service, which was cheaper than a taxi. Rooms are nice - hardwood floors, big bathrooms with walk-in shower, fridge, complimentary bottled water, and comfy beds. The modern lobby has nice ambiance for an afternoon glass of wine or morning coffee from the espresso bar. What else - complimentary Wi-Fi, Seattle newspaper, bicycles, good on-site dining available at The Rock, plus easy walking distance to attractions, restaurants, and bars. Yeah - happy place! We stayed for four days.

Room Tip: The upper floors have a nice view of the Space Needle.
2 Thank Kathryn E
What a great review! We truly appreciate it. I will personally thank all of the people that you named and also the whole team in general. We hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was impressed with The Maxwell even before I arrived there. There was an irregularity with my reservations and the agent I spoke to on the phone the day before arrival bent over backwards to fix things for me. She was amazing. Check-in was hassle-free and the accommodations were clean and exceedingly comfortable. Our suite was tastefully appointed and all amenities were in good operating condition. The shuttle to and from sightseeing venues is wonderful. Always on time, to and from - and the drivers are fabulous ambassadors for the property and the city. The front desk attendants were pleasant and courteous (mostly) and sometimes needed to be prompted to extend the level of service I was expecting. They were accommodating enough, perhaps, for guests with subdued expectations; however, the woman who handled our initial registration was superb. I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness and ambient panache of the entire place. I felt good about the price I was paying; I felt that I had received value for my money. My lone critical comment relates to guest room attendants. They had to be summoned each day after 4:30pm to provide services. It was disconcerting to return from a long day of vacationing to find the room still unkempt from the morning. Our final day on site the room was not visited at all - but we were too tired to trifle about what was actually a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. Overall, though, the visit was all we had hoped for. Should I visit Seattle again, I can't see myself staying elsewhere. In fact, I am eager to try another Pineapple property.

Room Tip: Spend the money to upgrade to a mini-suite. There are a good value and the added amenities will enha...
1 Thank Vegas51sCaptain
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are glad that the agents went above and beyond to help you and that you enjoyed the hotel and their service levels. I'm so sorry to hear that the room attendants didn't get to your room until the end of the day. We always encourage our guests to let us know the best time to service the room as the attendants work 8:30am to 5pm each day.
We hope to see you soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I understand that many of the hotels in Seattle are very expensive. However, we paid $350 for one night in a room that smelled moldy. Our room was not ready when we got there. Although the room itself was very clean, the carpet outside was not. The little cupcakes were good, but people left wrappers everywhere, which did not get cleaned up right away. One of the lamps in our room didn't work. It was little things like this that really were displeasing. In addition, the Rock restaurant/bar in the lobby was not very good. The house beers were quite bad. Not the hotel's fault, but it just wasn't a great experience. On the plus side, the hotel was within walking distance of quite a few restaurants, the Space Needle, the EMP museum, the Chihuly exhibit, etc. The room itself was okay. Still, overall, I was a bit disappointed. I have stayed in nicer hotels in expensive cities that weren't as pricy.

Room Tip: We had a view of the Space Needle. And a highway. Not worth it.
2 Thank Aimee A
Thank you for being so honest and letting us know some of the issues with your stay. Please email me directly at wbraden@staypineapple.com as I would really like to know what room smelled moldy. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and we are very concerned when we fall short. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the nice rooms.
Hawkes Bay
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The best beds, linen and pillows ever! Had a couple of nights here. Rooms very clean and tidy and nice large bathroom with walk in shower. However our view was nothing like the website photos show. (Space Needle and beautiful night lights) We looked onto air conditioning units and what looked like to be the hotel back car park. This was disappointing. Enjoyed our stay here but if you don't know the area it feels like its in the middle of nowhere. Once we got to know the area and how to get about it was walking distance to Space Needle and Monorail. Caught the free shuttle into town and the monorail back. For us we would have preferred too have stayed in the city more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the compliment on the beds and pillows. We truly appreciate the feedback and try to use it to get better. I'm so sorry about the view that you received. We have plenty of view room types with views and they are only a bit more than the standard room types. Please feel free to book this next time.
Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a great stay at The Maxwell. We received a friendly welcome at check in and all the employees we encountered were courteous and jolly.

The rooms are large, have attractive decor and very comfy beds. There are plenty of drawers but the room would benefit from a little more hanging space. The bathroom was spacious, spotlessly clean, well lit, had plenty of towels and nice toiletries. We really liked the shower.

The public areas are comfortable and the supply of cupcakes & coffee in the afternoon appealing. The wifi signal in the lobby was good, it's great to be offered free wifi but in our room it was terribly slow.

The location is spot on, it's a short walk to downtown (we didn't need the courtesy shuttle) and the monorail is great fun if you're a bit tired after your day out. There are some lovely restaurants located very close. If you fancy a slightly longer walk you should try the ones at (south) Lake Union, your walk time will be determined by path closures due to construction but the food was wonderful and the view superb. If you can manage the steep hill, it's worth going up to Kerry Park for the view.

Check out was efficient and we took advantage of the offer of a bookable service to the airport.

In terms of value for money, the Maxwell cannot be beaten.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad that you were welcomed so well by the jolly team and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! I'm so sorry to hear about the slow wifi and we are looking at ways to improve this. Please call us at the desk so that we can see if we can boost the signal.
Very best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Brilliant location in a vibrant residential neighbourhood, good restaurants and bars, and the best grocery store we have ever been to, award winning.
Close enough to the city and there is a shuttle service.
Beautiful residential neighbourhood just higher up the road, and a breathtaking viewpoint of the whole city, bay and Olympic Mountain.
Huge beautiful room and bathroom, designer furnishings and style, very well equipped.
Helpful, informative and friendly staff.

1 Thank Philippo778
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the bathroom, the location, and all the amenities.