“Modern boutique gem”

The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My family (2 teens and 2 adults) enjoyed our recent 3 night stay. The clean modern European style and friendly helpful staff were a perfect fit for us. We prefer small hotels with character and the Maxwell did not disappoint. Our room had 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa for lots of sleeping options. Great location to walk to the Space Needle. We even walked the mile+ to the waterfront area. The indoor pool area was smaller than expected, but would probably be fine for families with small children. The afternoon "tea" with their signature pineapple muffins and coffee are a lovely touch! If you're looking for a typical American chain, this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle. Our 2nd floor room had a partial view over the park...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Fantastic to hear from you and thank you for staying! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we will stay true to the boutique, customer-oriented style. Come back for more cupcakes!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My family recently stayed at the Maxwell Hotel and found it to be delightful. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was larger than most and very comfortable. We enjoyed the in-room refrigerator and freely available bikes for guests to use. I highly recommend this hotel to other travelers.

1  Thank Kfgates

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so grateful to have you stay with us and I'm glad that the friendly staff took such terrific care of you. Thank you for the recommendation to others!
All my best, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. I had informed the front desk that we had a late arrival, requesting a view, thought my boys would like it. No go... as I guess they did not communicate that to the staff that checked us in. Nice clean rooms, friendly bellman but the view was really ugly. I would not return.

Room Tip: Good luck in their busy season, I hear they do have rooms with views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I'm so sorry to hear that we weren't able to accommodate your request for a view. Fortunately, we do have a good number of view rooms but a lot of our guests choose to book the view room type so we run out as they are popular. Please do book directly with us and ask for a view room. The rate is not much more for a spectacular Space Needle view!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Loved this hotel! Parking at night was limited but staff let us use space across the street Grimm the lobby. Fabulous location! Walking distance to Pike Pl Market, waterfront, Belltown, downtown, Seattle Center & Space Needle, Queen Anne,etc. Loved the lobby and our room. Have recommended it many times and will personally stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm glad that we were able to take care of the parking situation for you. Come back soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great find! We were able to walk the entire city from this hotel. We had a 3 year old in tow and he had no problems walking. Space needle, Chihuly museum, monorail were literally just a few blocks. It was also great to be in a neighborhood where we could eat locally and shop at markets without feeling like we were part of the tourist rat race. It should be noted that walking up Queen Anne Hill Road should be part of the experience. The hotel staff were so sweet and helpful. The shuttle driver was a wealth of knowledge of the city and we could tell he really took pride in his job and his love for Seattle and its people. Thanks Maxwell staff for making us fall in love with your city.

Room Tip: We had the Maxwell suite and it was great for a family. Spacious with a view of the space needle.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Woody B, Manager at The Maxwell Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you so much for sending this review. It's was so nice to read. We truly appreciate you staying with us and will look forward to taking great care of you in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This has been my first visit to Seattle and I am so happy that I have stayed here at the maxwell. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is great. The bartender, Sam, was seriously the most amazing individual. We would stay and drink at the hotel just to have him make our drinks and visit with him. He has the best customer service I have experienced in awhile. And he makes an amazing margarita!! I highly recommend visiting Sam and order margarita.

• Stayed: August 2014

Such a great review! We truly appreciate you staying with us and we will make sure that Sam gets rewarded for being amazing!
Thank you, Woody Braden - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Several months ago, we celebrated a girl's weekend for a birthday at The Maxwell and it was so fantastic! I didn't have a chance to review right away, so I apologize that this isn't as recent as it should be, but I wanted to make sure to note the highlights.
Fun décor and a great location makes this hotel perfect for running around the Seattle Center. The Rock Wood Fired Pizza is right next door and delivers to the hotel rooms until midnight. Also nearby is McMenamins, which has great vegetarian options and craft brews. Other nearby restaurants include Kleftikos, a fabulous Greek taverna with very tasty fare, and a great Sushi place next to Silver Platters (a few blocks walk from the hotel).
The best part of our stay was the superb staff! I had arrived early and asked to gain entry to the room to decorate, but the staff offered to put up the decorations for us. They did a great job and it was so fun to see the birthday girl's face when she saw their handiwork.
As others have noted, the pineapple cupcakes are lovely! Definitely a nice touch. The only thing that could be improved upon is the espresso sold in the lobby; I think their offerings may be limited because of the Keurig in the room. I personally prefer lattes, though, and the nearest Starbucks or stand is a drive. There isn't a restaurant nearby that offers a good breakfast, either, so plan ahead to go out for breakfast/coffee.
Overall, lovely place to stay and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you prefer, or top floor for more quiet. Elevators are a little loud, too.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for joining us for your fun girl's weekend! I'm glad that the amazing staff took great care of you! I'm sorry that we didn't get you all the cafe and restaurant information. We have a cafe in the hotel that makes all varieties of lattes in the morning and also Caffe Zingaro, Caffe Ladro, and Caffe Vita within four blocks of the hotel. I'm also sorry that we didn't offer great choices for breakfast. Citizen's Cafe makes a great cup of coffee and has fantastic crepes and breakfast sandwiches and Toulouse Petit is simply amazing. Both of these are within five blocks as well. Come back and we will point you in the right walking direction.