“Great locations for parties. Wonderful staffs.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Great locations for parties. Wonderful staffs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here multiple times when I go to the clubs near Pioneer Square. Walking distance to the Last Supper, Trinity, etc... The latest stay was St. Patrick's Day 2012.

The room I got are always spotless and clean. Beds, linen and blankets are always super comfy. After check in, we called down and asked for extra linens for the fold out sofa. Within 10 minutes, it was brought up. Any room services I ever use were fast and all the staffs were very friendly.

Also, I left my iPad2 at the hotel this last stay. I called after I was already 3 hours away from the hotel and the front desk told me that the housekeeper (whose name I later learn was Josephine) has just turned it in and it was locked away in one of their safety deposit boxes. I told them I couldn't come back to Seattle again until the following Friday, and they agreed to hold it for me until then. When I arrived to pick up my iPad, there was not a scratch on it. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for the integrity shown by the staff here!

Two small concerns: 1) valet usually takes a long time to retrieve the vehicle -- so call at least 15 minutes before departing your room. 2) location is perfect for the pioneer square. It is too far walk if your main interests are shopping, pike place market, or city center (space needle) -- unless you want to pay for taxi or take your car, I don't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AlyxisPaige

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
lummi island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We chose to stay here for the location. We were in between the Century Link and Pike's Place. Both were easy walking distance. Which is good as parking is always hard to find and isn't cheap.
The Courtyard parking isn't either as it's $28 and valet only but boy were we happy we had it. They took and parked our car even before check-in since we were early. So we could be on our way to the Taste Of Wa at the C-Link after that we walked back checked in and off to Pike's Place. On our way back we called the hotel and they brought our car to the front so we could get our luggage out and they took it back to garage. WHAT SERVICE!!!
As far as the hotel it was very nice, from the room to everyone we met that worked there. Yes it's in a old building but they have updated it quite nicely. I loved all the art and the rooms were very comfy. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room that was looking at a old brick building, not pretty but quieter then being in the fro...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank martinigirl60
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my default hotel for business stays last year. It emerged from a recent renovation as a very clean, comfortable modern hotel. Numerous electrical outlets, fast free Internet access and a nicely appointed bar/grill.

The staff is excellent and the location is close to many after work diversions. The only reason I scored it a 3 for location is the proximity of the various shelters that results in a constant stream of junkies at night.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank section
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

This Courtyard sits in the midst of a group of office buildings downtown, and has had cosmetic renovations and interior updating but the overall structure, including the windows, is still old.

My king room was small but very clean, much cleaner than the average Courtyard.

Noise levels were worse than average. First, the windows are single paned glass with the old wood frames that don't shut tightly. I was on the 4th floor facing Cherry Street and the traffic noise was significant. (Somehow they ignored my Gold rewards profile request for a quiet room on a high floor.) Walls are thin and room to room noise was poor as well. Even with my room fan on high, I could hear my neighbor talking, and his phone alarm going off in the morning.

Rooms on Cherry Street face a tall office building across the street. During working hours, people in the offices can see directly into the hotel rooms. No privacy at all. Or views. Or natural light.

Breakfast in the hotel's Bistro restaurant was good and reasonably priced, but it wasn't open when I arrived at 11 pm the night before. There didn't seem to be much in the way of restaurants or night life close by.

Overall, it was about average for an in-city mid level business hotel, but I doubt I would stay here for a romantic weekend or family vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Arcadia_R
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed a recent postponed Valentines Day weekend in Seattle. Our stay at the Marriott Courtyard Pioneer Square was just what we had hoped for; nice hotel, clean and comfortable king sized bedroom, great location, friendly and informative staff, reasonably priced..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyrtletheTurtle
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Seattle Downtown on February 3rd and 4th, 2012. The room I booked had a king sized bed, and was clean and quite spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable and the mattress felt brand new. The hotel is located near Pioneer Square and is ideally located to walk to the waterfront, Pike Place Market, the aquarium, and even the Space Needle and monorail. The onsite valet parking is a tad expensive at $28 a day, but this is really to be expected since parking in at a premium in downtown Seattle. Besides, at $129 a night for a large room with a king sized bed, I can hardly complain about the price of the parking. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Seattle in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise. I was on the 10th floor and had no problems.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cdhinhou
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in November. He was attending a conference at the convention center and I came along to sightsee. The hotel is in the financial district so it busy with people from 7 am – 6pm. After lunch time many area coffee shops and little restaurants close for the day. I did find a great sandwich place in Pioneer Square called Delicatus we ate there twice for dinner. It’s the perfect place if you want something quick, delicious and a short walk from the hotel.

The hotel itself is really nice; the hotel lobby itself is awesome. I spent plenty of time down there waiting for housekeeping to finish with the room or waiting on my husband. They have a great business center with four computers and a printer. They also have several couches and chairs and a big screen tv to enjoy. There is also a kiosk to print off your boarding passes for no charge. Another nice touch is there are several large golf umbrellas for guests to borrow for rainy days.

Our room overlooked Cherry Street on the 14th floor. I found the room layout to be very nice and the bathroom was spacious. I feel there could be more closet/drawer space. We were a bit tight on space since we were staying seven days and packed lots of sweaters. I loved the bed! It was the best Marriott bed I have ever slept in, firm but not too hard. I am not a fan of the super soft mattresses at other Marriott locations. I thought the couch everyone complains about was fine. The little foot stools in front of the couch are nice to prop your feet on and enjoy the flat screen tv. I also loved the shower had plenty of water pressure and hot water. My only small complaint about the room is the noise. People are not kidding when they say you can hear the outside traffic. I brought a small fan with me to use to block out the noise and occasionally I could still hear street noise and sirens over it. This would not stop me from staying here again.

During our stay we went to a football game at CentruyLink Field. The hotel is only a short walk away from the stadium. We were there in less than ten minutes. I would highly recommend staying here if you’re in town for a football game.

I also went to Pike Place Market every day for lunch and the original Starbucks. The hotel is approximately 10 blocks away. These are very large city blocks and some hills are involved. Parking is a nightmare at Pike Place so it’s worth it to walk down there and explore all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business